Sponsored

Turning front camera on when proximity sensor is active.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I have searched and I couldn't find it but is there a way to have the front camera turn on when the proximity sensors go off? Seems to me that this should be the default setting but obviously it isn't. Otherwise, why have a front camera?
Sponsored

1stCar76Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge Sport tuned
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My wife has this her QX60. I think it turn on when youā€™re under 5mph and sensors go off. Iā€™ve always thought it was a cool feature so just bringing this subject back up.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Makes no sense, ford doesnā€™t do this in their vehicles for some reason.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have searched and I couldn't find it but is there a way to have the front camera turn on when the proximity sensors go off? Seems to me that this should be the default setting but obviously it isn't. Otherwise, why have a front camera?
Iā€™d like to be able to turn it on any time, but if you ever use the front camera and the one that shows you the outside edge of your tires while youā€™re off road, thereā€™s the answer to your last question.

I know Iā€™ve seen people ask if itā€™s possible to keep the front camera on through forscan, donā€™t remember seeing an answer.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly why I opted to install aftermarket camera setup in my f150. Its programmed to come on at speeds under 15mph. My truck has a 6ā€ lift so it comes in handy because you couldnt see a 5ā€™ person in front of the truck let alone a kid or pet.

The wife just reaches down and hits her camera button on the Bronco (mainly when parking in the garage) but its still silly that it cant be programmed to come on at a certain speed.

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exactly why I opted to install aftermarket camera setup in my f150. Its programmed to come on at speeds under 15mph. My truck has a 6ā€ lift so it comes in handy because you couldnt see a 5ā€™ person in front of the truck let alone a kid or pet.

The wife just reaches down and hits her camera button on the Bronco (mainly when parking in the garage) but its still silly that it cant be programmed to come on at a certain speed.
This sounds like a great kit. Hopefully the aftermarket will come with a similar kit for the Bronco.

evoblack

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Surely there is a Forscan setting or something. Both my Mach-E and F-150 do this when front proximity activate.

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone ever figure anything out here? My wifeā€™s old Infiniti did this and her GLE does it too. It seems kind of dumb that the front cameras wonā€™t kick on when youā€™re going less than 5 mph in tight quarters.

Haunteddude

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, 2021 Ram 1500 Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
bump
Sponsored