First Name
Kyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
has anyone seen numbers on turning radius? I've always remembered the early bronco having a much tighter turning radius than any jeep wrangler ive ever driven. Mainly comparing a 2014 2 door wrangler to the 66 bronco. the 66' was always the easiest to get around in the hills and turn around on narrow roads.
Sponsored

Orangeinthebarn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 z71, 1992 bronco, 1977 F-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
has anyone seen numbers on turning radius? I've always remembered the early bronco having a much tighter turning radius than any jeep wrangler ive ever driven. Mainly comparing a 2014 2 door wrangler to the 66 bronco. the 66' was always the easiest to get around in the hills and turn around on narrow roads.
This is a good question. My buddy had a 74 he could turn around on a neighborhood street without backing up. My 92 fsb turns a tight circle too

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah my 96 turns tight as hell. I hope the ifs hasnt messed with that.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I suspect the 2 door should be at least competitive with the ttb full size Broncos, probably better, while the 4 door is likely to be a slightly larger turning radius compared to an fsb.

turning radius is defined by 2 factors, how far you can crank the front tires, and wheelbase, the longer wheelbase on the 4 door means it probably won’t turn as tight as an old bronco, and similarly the larger size of the 2 door means it probably won’t turn quite as tight as an early bronco, though better than a full size.

that’s just speculation based off the wheelbase though, we won’t really know until we either get numbers or a test drive.

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I'm going to start an argument between real vs trail-turn-assist.
See how the manual peeps like have an auto show them off at one thing. :p

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeesh! I always loved the turning radius on my Jeeps. If the Bronco beats that, amazing!!

OP
OP

kmonares

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah my 08 megacab is a damn yacht. Ive just accepted the use of 7 point turns and backing into every single parking space

Sponsored
OP
OP

kmonares

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just turn on front dig
Unfortunately wont be available with the manual trans. I believe that turning feature was inspired by tractors with dual brake pedals. one pedal for the brake on the corresponding side. If you have driven one and held one brake pedal to the floor it would easily cut turning radius in half being able to drag that rear inside tire.

OP
OP

kmonares

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Found an article with info on the 96' bronco. wall to wall turning radius was 38.9 feet.
The Bronco 2 states the turning "circle" was 9.8 feet. Maybe the inside diameter?
Toms Bronco parts article says the EB had a turning radius of 34 feet

Found a jeep article saying the 2 door wrangler turning radius was 34 feet as well

Definitely not what i remember.

goodolboydws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 LTD CV/'87 Cntry SQ/'86 B2 4WD/MF135/FORD2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Found an article with info on the 96' bronco. wall to wall turning radius was 38.9 feet.
The Bronco 2 states the turning "circle" was 9.8 feet. Maybe the inside diameter?
Toms Bronco parts article says the EB had a turning radius of 34 feet

Found a jeep article saying the 2 door wrangler turning radius was 34 feet as well

Definitely not what i remember.
That all sounds about right-except for the B2' turning circle.

The source I just consulted says the turning circle of the '84-90 B2, (wheelbase 94", 58" track) is 9.81 METERS or 32.2 feet.
That matches well with the tight turn my '86 B2 can make from our driveway to our mailbox on the almost parallel main road-especially when compared to my wife's early Scion Xb (the box) . Quoted WB 98.4", track 57.2" front, 56.3 rear and ITS turning radius is quoted as 18'-or a 36" circle. That's almost 4' wider for the same turn! Which seems right on. I blame her FWD.
By comparison an '89 LTD Crown Vic (WB 114", 62" track) has a quoted 39' circle-curb to curb (43' wall to wall).

crowdpleazer

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Having a gimmecky "trail turn assist" feature seems like it might not be as good as a Wrangler unfortunately...
Sponsored