JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base-man-squatch / A7 / S5 / TT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My son and I were there today. Great to actually see one finally. I’m glad there was a MT as I was able to row through the gears - felt smooth and should only be better with a running engine! I really like the size overall. My one minor gripe was that the door armrest is quite narrow. Felt like my arm would barely stay on and I don’t exactly have huge arms. I do think it’s something I can get used to. Can’t wait for delivery!

Ford Bronco Twin Cities MN - Bronco sightings 1619924423150

OP
OP
GarageMahal

GarageMahal

Outer Banks
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My one minor gripe was that the door armrest is quite narrow. Felt like my arm would barely stay on and I don’t exactly have huge arms.
I made it down this morning as well. It wasn't too busy and lingered for 45 minutes or so. While I am still a big fan and think the Bronco is an awesome vehicle overall it may not be right for me :(

My first impression of the leg room was not good but that was in the manual and decided it was ok in the automatic without the clutch. Really wish they didn't do a permanent mount foot rest however. That extra space would make all the difference.

The door armrest and shoulder room may be harder to accept. I struggled to get comfortable and the b-pillar was really annoying to me. It seems basically the same as the Ranger which is not a surprise but was truly hoping it would be better. Guess I need to check out a 2 door... And the armrest on the door was useless, guess my left hand will always be on the wheel ;)

For reference, I am 6'5" and all legs, 37" inseam. Also I am not huge in the shoulders.

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was at Apple Valley with the wife. I'm only 5'9 and I had to move the seat up lol. It was nice seeing the badlands with a manual bc that's what I'm going for in the Bronco.
Ford Bronco Twin Cities MN - Bronco sightings 20210501_135458

Sponsored

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To add on for my perspective of the bronco is that it felt like was back in my old Tacoma w/ the manual. I drive a tundra now so yes the Bronco felt smaller but that was not a surprise for me. The bronco was made to be nimble. I can see if your really wide (offensive lineman)in the shoulders it could be an issue but for me it was close to perfect. My shoulders are little bit on the broader size and I felt secure. Now if your mid section is on the bigger side that well be an issue. Having a work belt or duty belt would probably be a no go.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I made it down this morning as well. It wasn't too busy and lingered for 45 minutes or so. While I am still a big fan and think the Bronco is an awesome vehicle overall it may not be right for me :(

My first impression of the leg room was not good but that was in the manual and decided it was ok in the automatic without the clutch. Really wish they didn't do a permanent mount foot rest however. That extra space would make all the difference.

The door armrest and shoulder room may be harder to accept. I struggled to get comfortable and the b-pillar was really annoying to me. It seems basically the same as the Ranger which is not a surprise but was truly hoping it would be better. Guess I need to check out a 2 door... And the armrest on the door was useless, guess my left hand will always be on the wheel ;)

For reference, I am 6'5" and all legs, 37" inseam. Also I am not huge in the shoulders.
Really wish they didn't do a permanent mount foot rest however

THIS

I've never been a fan of the 'dead pedal'. I think it started in sports cars so a driver could wedge himself in, then with front wheel drive they needed something to do with the inward protruding fender well. Not sure it has a place in the Bronco although you can wedge yourself in in the rough stuff.

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went at noon today. Only about 10 other people looking most stayed 20 minutes or so.

They are much bigger that I expected. I am driving a 2016 JK now which is bigger than the previous Jeeps I have owned. The Bronco felt like I was in my Superduty. I am 6' 4" 240# and there is plenty of room, My 5'3" wife was comfortable too.

I ordered a 2 door BD. I wish I could have looked at a wash out floor, MGV upholstery, Hard Top, 2 door. I was a bit disappointed.

I have been a Ford guy for most of my life. I worked at the Twin Cities assembly Plant back in the mid 70's. The only exception to me driving Fords since is my attraction to Jeeps.

I was not impressed as much as I thought I would be. Maybe I had my hopes set too high.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Left North Country a bit ago. Was hoping to see a hardtop but no luck. At 6’3, 280lbs I was more than comfortable. I had to move the seat up about 4 inches. Better than expected. I’m so ready for my mid-July delivery!

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just left the event at North Country Ford and the Bronco is better than I imagined. All is right with the world!
I was there for about a half hour. I agree, exceeded my expectations. Way taller than I imagined. I was not disappointed and seeing them in person will make the wait that much longer.

Both 4-doors
1. A51 Badlands with optional 33" Goodyears, 2.3L manual, Lux. Bummer didn't have the MGV or washout floors. Floors were carpeted with the rubber mats on top.
2. Cactus Grey First edition Sasquatch.

I'm 5'8", had to hop to get into either one. I'll have to do some stretching if I'm gonna attempt to just step in. First Edition Sasquatch was about 1-2 inches higher than the Badlands.

Badlands - top of the front seat came up to my waist at 3'. I had to move the seat way forward (not all the way forward) in able to push the clutch all the way in. Shifted nice. My arm extended fully, barely reached the hero and overhead switches.

They are beastly vehicles. Wish they had a 2-dr. Pretty basic writeup as everyone else covered it all in so much detail.

Ford Bronco Twin Cities MN - Bronco sightings IMG_2656

Ford Bronco Twin Cities MN - Bronco sightings IMG_2658

Ford Bronco Twin Cities MN - Bronco sightings IMG_2659

Ford Bronco Twin Cities MN - Bronco sightings IMG_2655

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

After hitting North Country today, I’m content. I’ll be canceling my Morrie’s time slot for Saturday morning.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think all is good. I was worried about headroom and shoulder room cuz I’m not small boy. Arm rests on the doors suck, too narrow but I’ll deal. Rear seat room is exactly what everyone said, small. Headroom in the back is not great for someone 6’3 like me. I had to move the seat up to feel comfortable touching the pedals, so that’s A-Ok. B&O stereo was good, not fantastic but just as good as the Sony in my Taurus. Staff were not as knowledgeable as they should be because I knew more than they did. Finally got to see cyber Orange in the wild on a ranger, really like it. The bronco was definitely more impressive in person. This just solidified my decision with the exception that I liked area 51 much more in person….but since I have a build date….I’m tied to CO. According to a couple of the staff, I’m one of very few that has a vin and build date that were there today. So this next two months is going to be excruciating.

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think all is good. I was worried about headroom and shoulder room cuz I’m not small boy. Arm rests on the doors suck, too narrow but I’ll deal. Rear seat room is exactly what everyone said, small. Headroom in the back is not great for someone 6’3 like me. I had to move the seat up to feel comfortable touching the pedals, so that’s A-Ok. B&O stereo was good, not fantastic but just as good as the Sony in my Taurus. Staff were not as knowledgeable as they should be because I knew more than they did. Finally got to see cyber Orange in the wild on a ranger, really like it. The bronco was definitely more impressive in person. This just solidified my decision with the exception that I liked area 51 much more in person….but since I have a build date….I’m tied to CO. According to a couple of the staff, I’m one of very few that has a vin and build date that were there today. So this next two months is going to be excruciating.
I was really concerned about the head and shoulder room as well. I am 6' 1", big shoulders, long torso, 300+. I hit my head in most cars with the seat all the way down. I was very impressed with the room in the Bronco. Plenty of room with the top up and surprisingly good sight lines out of the windshield. I drove a Gladiator and could hardly see out of the windshield, night and day difference between that and the Bronco.

I was very excited about the Bronco prior to seeing them in person. After sitting in one and looking at all the little nooks, cranies, etc, I cannot wait to have mine come in. Exceeded my expectations in pretty much every category.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was at the Apple Valley event and we absolutely fell in love. It checks every box we had.

My only gripe is the hard plastic on the dash, I understand why I'm just not a fan.
Sponsored