Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was really concerned about the head and shoulder room as well. I am 6' 1", big shoulders, long torso, 300+. I hit my head in most cars with the seat all the way down. I was very impressed with the room in the Bronco. Plenty of room with the top up and surprisingly good sight lines out of the windshield. I drove a Gladiator and could hardly see out of the windshield, night and day difference between that and the Bronco.

I was very excited about the Bronco prior to seeing them in person. After sitting in one and looking at all the little nooks, cranies, etc, I cannot wait to have mine come in. Exceeded my expectations in pretty much every category.
I'm 6' and every vehicle I've owned I've dropped the seat all the way down and tilted the front of seat bottom up. The Bronco was too low LoL. I wouldn't be able to see over the hood in off road driving scenarios.
Sponsored

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought the front bumper seemed light weight and cheap looking. I think we will be fighting rust on them after a couple of winters.
I wonder if the gas strut on tailgate with be a problem when ice builds up on back bumper in winter.
My wife thought the engine bay looked slapped together by engineers that were right out of school (43 years as a design electronics technician).
My 5'3" wife had no problem getting in either one. She prefers the assist handle in our Jeep on the passenger side.
I think engine bay will always be dirty because I could see into it through the wheel wells. There really is no fender liner.

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey MN, I to am impatiently waiting for my bronco and want to find some good off roading in MN. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I have joined and looked at “trails off road” but the trails they share are basic dirt road with a couple puddles. Not worth driving $2 in gas for those. I also cover the surrounding few states as part of my territory so any other suggestions in WI, up MI, ND, SD would also be welcomed! I assume rapid city/badlands area has to have some awesome trails... haven’t yet started researching further than MN. Thanks!!!

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey MN, I to am impatiently waiting for my bronco and want to find some good off roading in MN. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I have joined and looked at “trails off road” but the trails they share are basic dirt road with a couple puddles. Not worth driving $2 in gas for those. I also cover the surrounding few states as part of my territory so any other suggestions in WI, up MI, ND, SD would also be welcomed! I assume rapid city/badlands area has to have some awesome trails... haven’t yet started researching further than MN. Thanks!!!
@LMB, I think I spoke with you a bit at the North Country Bronco showing, you had the Jeep you lifted etc. Do you belong to any 4x4 clubs, imagine you are familiar with offroading in the 5-state region?

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@LMB, I think I spoke with you a bit at the North Country Bronco showing, you had the Jeep you lifted etc. Do you belong to any 4x4 clubs, imagine you are familiar with offroading in the 5-state region?
Sorry, Different guy. I don’t have much experience with trails yet. Looking to find some “honey hole” trails within a reasonable driving distance that will be fun for the wife and 7/9 year old (so don’t want dangerous or to mess up my new bronco ie would not take it in hell’s revenge hole but moab looks awesome...). Thanks

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry, Different guy. I don’t have much experience with trails yet. Looking to find some “honey hole” trails within a reasonable driving distance that will be fun for the wife and 7/9 year old (so don’t want dangerous or to mess up my new bronco ie would not take it in hell’s revenge hole but moab looks awesome...). Thanks
I was just noting @LMB to try and loop him in on this conversation. But yea I'm looking for trails in MN also. I want to do some camping offroad a bit..

Mayflower2010

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They had the cactus gray first edition and a Area 51 badlands I believe.

B7B85121-28AD-4475-A9BF-3E26BE5C9B0F.jpeg

D3016C3B-8938-4EDD-AF20-7020049E4C09.jpeg

C1A258E9-AFD5-44F2-A26D-D9F39E8CFFC0.jpeg

50ED43C4-1FBD-4A35-B3FF-F0BB7ED5B652.jpeg

770A7BAD-7EC1-4B80-A9CB-FABBBD606CC8.jpeg
This might be a dumb question but...do both of these have the same soft tops? Hard to tell because one is up and one is down, but they look different...thoughts?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This might be a dumb question but...do both of these have the same soft tops? Hard to tell because one is up and one is down, but they look different...thoughts?
Yes. Those are both wearing the same ford factory hardtop option. The A51 just has the rear panels removed (slid out) and the CG has the front folded back.

Mayflower2010

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. Those are both wearing the same ford factory hardtop option. The A51 just has the rear panels removed (slid out) and the CG has the front folded back.
Great moment for me on this forum...ZackDanger replied to me!

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It was no me that you spoke with. I was at the 12:00 time slot. I did drive my Jeep there but it is not lifted, just rolling on 32's which I find is plenty for my usages.
I do not belong to any off road clubs. I plan to use the Bronco like I have used my Jeeps. Hauling me and my dog out hunting and to the retriever training grounds. It is also my get around vehicle when I do not want to drive the Superduty or we are not using my wife's vehicle.
I sold my Dualsport motorcycle last year so I guess the bronco will become my back road exploring rig too.

Sponsored

bozmosis

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford '21 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you need a reservation or can you just show up?

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you need a reservation or can you just show up?
Howdy, you need to register (for social distancing...). If you go back to page 1 of this thread, you'll find someone posted links to Twin Cities dealers. Maybe there's an open time slot.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Great moment for me on this forum...ZackDanger replied to me!
Don't let it go to your head..usually if he replies to me it's because I've posted something silly and he will , kindly, straighten me out...with documentation.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know it's unlikely, but does anybody know of demo units at any Twin Cities dealers? Rain day so I'm stuck in a hotel in Ham Lake. There's none near my home in Wisconsin so fingers crossed about a MN unit

OP
OP
GarageMahal

GarageMahal

Outer Banks
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know it's unlikely, but does anybody know of demo units at any Twin Cities dealers? Rain day so I'm stuck in a hotel in Ham Lake. There's none near my home in Wisconsin so fingers crossed about a MN unit
Sorry, none that I know of... I am really looking to driving one soon.
Sponsored