MOrunning04

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Love's truckstop in Greenville, IL. Tire fire took out a beaut. Damn truck drivers. ?‍♂?

This was NOT caused by the Broncos, for anyone wondering. This was an equipment failure of some kind on the trailer.

I can say with 100% percent certainty, it was either the truck driver running a flat tire too long, or he had a brake hanging up and it caught fire.

2021 Ford Bronco fire burned carrier transport 1.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco fire burned carrier transport2.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco fire burned carrier transport 4.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco fire burned carrier transport 3.jpg
Headlights still work!

Advertisement

JLongDCC

Wildtrak
First Name
Alan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX w/ Coyote 5.0
How to Identify Goodyear Tires Made in USA
Tires-plant-code-300x180-300x180.jpg

You can learn about the place where a tire was manufactured from the Tire Identification Number (TIN) written on a tire sidewall. Two letters or a combination of a letter and a number right after DOT indicates a certain company and its facility that manufactured the tire. For example, DOT PJ will mean this is a Goodyear tire made in the USA, in Fayetteville, North Carolina.

Plant Codes of Goodyear Tires Made in USA
  • MB – Akron, Ohio;
  • MC – Danville, Virginia;
  • MD – Gadsden, Alabama;
  • M6 – Lawton, Oklahoma;
  • MJ – Topeka, Kansas;
  • PJ – Fayetteville, North Carolina;
  • DA – Tonawanda, New York.

Halfsmoke00

Big Bend
First Name
Kenny
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Clubs

Love's truckstop in Greenville, IL. Tire fire took out a beaut. Damn truck drivers. ?‍♂?

This was NOT caused by the Broncos, for anyone wondering. This was an equipment failure of some kind on the trailer.

I can say with 100% percent certainty, it was either the truck driver running a flat tire too long, or he had a brake hanging up and it caught fire.

Leave it to Illinois roads to f-up a wet dream.

markregel

Base
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe

Why are you taking it out on all truck drivers? You don't even know if it was the drivers fault.

OP
Fedexman1978

Fedexman1978

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Clubs

Why are you taking it out on all truck drivers? You don't even know if it was the drivers fault.
I am a truck driver. I was being facetious. ?‍♂ But since we're going there, this was the truck driver's fault, because no matter the equipment malfunction, if ol boy had been checking his mirrors like he was supposed to, he would have seen the smoke from either the brakes, tire, or wheel bearings starting long before it got to the point of a fire breaking out, and he could have pulled over and rectified the situation. But, I digress. That comment in my original post was meant as a light hearted jab at a fellow truck driver.

JAGSarge

Outer Banks
Staff member
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former Broncos - 76, 93, 95
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

JAGSarge

Outer Banks
Staff member
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former Broncos - 76, 93, 95
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

cyberbro

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Clubs

Everyone knows the Big Ben, Badlands and so on, but I had no idea they would do a Portland Edition!

markregel

Base
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
I am a truck driver. I was being facetious. ?‍♂ But since we're going there, this was the truck driver's fault, because no matter the equipment malfunction, if ol boy had been checking his mirrors like he was supposed to, he would have seen the smoke from either the brakes, tire, or wheel bearings starting long before it got to the point of a fire breaking out, and he could have pulled over and rectified the situation. But, I digress. That comment in my original post was meant as a light hearted jab at a fellow truck driver.
Everyone knows the Big Ben, Badlands and so on, but I had no idea they would do a Portland Edition!
It's in honor of your new president ?

markregel

Base
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
No problem ?. I've seen several trailer fires on the highway, maybe it's not always easy to spot.

DaveTWave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 ford bronco bought new, 2011chevyHD2500
looking at the pictures, all the trailer tires look fine, also the outside of the trailer does not look bad except where they ripped it open to fight the fire. The burned Bronco has a melted grill, mirror and under body. the front quarters changed color from heat. Are they sure this was a trailer tire fire and not a Bronco fire? the fender flare is even melted but the tire below it did not catch fire?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Clubs

looking at the pictures, all the trailer tires look fine, also the outside of the trailer does not look bad except where they ripped it open to fight the fire. The burned Bronco has a melted grill, mirror and under body. the front quarters changed color from heat. Are they sure this was a trailer tire fire and not a Bronco fire? the fender flare is even melted but the tire below it did not catch fire?
Fire tends to move up. Would have been the inside tire/brake that burned up.

DaveTWave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 ford bronco bought new, 2011chevyHD2500
Fire tends to move up. Would have been the inside tire/brake that burned up.
the brake of the bronco, not the trailer? IDK? if fire moves up....than if it was the trailer that caught fire than it would move up to the Bronco tire first?

Advertisement

fifteen52

Advertisement