First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Love's truckstop in Greenville, IL. Tire fire took out a beaut. Damn truck drivers. ?‍♂?

This was NOT caused by the Broncos, for anyone wondering. This was an equipment failure of some kind on the trailer.

I can say with 100% percent certainty, it was either the truck driver running a flat tire too long, or he had a brake hanging up and it caught fire.

2021 Ford Bronco fire burned carrier transport 1.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco fire burned carrier transport2.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco fire burned carrier transport 4.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco fire burned carrier transport 3.jpg
Why are you taking it out on all truck drivers? You don't even know if it was the drivers fault.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fedexman1978

Fedexman1978

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why are you taking it out on all truck drivers? You don't even know if it was the drivers fault.
I am a truck driver. I was being facetious. ?‍♂ But since we're going there, this was the truck driver's fault, because no matter the equipment malfunction, if ol boy had been checking his mirrors like he was supposed to, he would have seen the smoke from either the brakes, tire, or wheel bearings starting long before it got to the point of a fire breaking out, and he could have pulled over and rectified the situation. But, I digress. That comment in my original post was meant as a light hearted jab at a fellow truck driver.

OP
OP
Fedexman1978

Fedexman1978

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish it was for something way more cool, but thanks! ?

cyberbro

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Everyone knows the Big Ben, Badlands and so on, but I had no idea they would do a Portland Edition!

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am a truck driver. I was being facetious. ?‍♂ But since we're going there, this was the truck driver's fault, because no matter the equipment malfunction, if ol boy had been checking his mirrors like he was supposed to, he would have seen the smoke from either the brakes, tire, or wheel bearings starting long before it got to the point of a fire breaking out, and he could have pulled over and rectified the situation. But, I digress. That comment in my original post was meant as a light hearted jab at a fellow truck driver.
Everyone knows the Big Ben, Badlands and so on, but I had no idea they would do a Portland Edition!
It's in honor of your new president ?

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
No problem ?. I've seen several trailer fires on the highway, maybe it's not always easy to spot.

DaveTWave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 ford bronco bought new, 2011chevyHD2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
looking at the pictures, all the trailer tires look fine, also the outside of the trailer does not look bad except where they ripped it open to fight the fire. The burned Bronco has a melted grill, mirror and under body. the front quarters changed color from heat. Are they sure this was a trailer tire fire and not a Bronco fire? the fender flare is even melted but the tire below it did not catch fire?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

looking at the pictures, all the trailer tires look fine, also the outside of the trailer does not look bad except where they ripped it open to fight the fire. The burned Bronco has a melted grill, mirror and under body. the front quarters changed color from heat. Are they sure this was a trailer tire fire and not a Bronco fire? the fender flare is even melted but the tire below it did not catch fire?
Fire tends to move up. Would have been the inside tire/brake that burned up.

DaveTWave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fire tends to move up. Would have been the inside tire/brake that burned up.
the brake of the bronco, not the trailer? IDK? if fire moves up....than if it was the trailer that caught fire than it would move up to the Bronco tire first?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the brake of the bronco, not the trailer? IDK? if fire moves up....than if it was the trailer that caught fire than it would move up to the Bronco tire first?
No. Of the trailer.

Anyway....this is the end of my fire investigation.

Sponsored

DaveTWave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. Of the trailer.

Anyway....this is the end of my fire investigation.
got it, just makes me wonder how it moved up past the Bronco tire. the pictures just had me thinking. thank you your response.

OP
OP
Fedexman1978

Fedexman1978

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That trailer wasn't ripped open to fight that fire, it melted open. Those are canvass sides on that trailer. We can't see the driver's side tires.