First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XC60
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I see that the 4 door can stow all 4 doors -- but it seems weird that they isolate the statement. Does anyone know if the 2 door can stow both of it's doors? I wonder as well if the top can be stowed.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 2 door’s doors are actually significantly wider than the 4 door model. That, when combined with the smaller cargo area means they don’t fit.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I guess you could fit them in there long ways if you fold the rear seats down, but not sure how you would secure them to keep from chipping the paint. Maybe the 2DR will get bags too.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was worried about this, mostly because of driving to/from off-roading trails.

the idea of driving around town w/doors off was no big deal because I imagined the radius wouldn’t be very large and I could always make judgement calls on weather, but I may need to re-evaluate the 2-Door knowing the doors cannot be stored.
Im sure there are a number of people here w/Wrangler experiences?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

the idea of driving around town w/doors off was no big deal because I imagined the radius wouldn’t be very large and I could always make judgement calls on weather, but I may need to re-evaluate the 2-Door knowing the doors cannot be stored.
Who knows, maybe Ford has something for this. If not, the aftermarket could. In theory, you would just need some sort of collapsible weather door that could be stored in the rear.

Sponsored
OP
OP

flamingoezz

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XC60
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 2 door’s doors are actually significantly wider than the 4 door model. That, when combined with the smaller cargo area means they don’t fit.
That's sorta disappointing.. I suppose if you can stow the top for some fresh air it wouldn't be so bad. The front panel seems like it should stow -- the back is one piece, right?

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From Road and Track: Unlike the Wrangler, the New Bronco's Doors Fit in the Trunk

One other nifty door detail: The two-door Bronco uses unique doors that are longer than the front doors on the four-door model. (Jeep uses the same front doors on two-door and four-door Wranglers as well as Gladiator pickup models.) The longer doors make for easier access to the back seat, and give the two-door Bronco a more proportional look. However, those longer doors can only fit in the Bronco's trunk with the rear seat folded. We also assume the bigger doors weigh slightly more than those on the four-door, though we're awaiting confirmation from Ford on that.

So yeah, something to protect them would be nice.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's sorta disappointing.. I suppose if you can stow the top for some fresh air it wouldn't be so bad. The front panel seems like it should stow -- the back is one piece, right?
I’m sure the freedom panels up front are storable in the back, they may just get banged up lol. (Speaking from experience in my Jeep)

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doors are longer and won't fit. Also, read that they need to be upright like they've been shown in the 4-door and not laid down, etc. However, there's bound to be aftermarket bags (if not from Ford) and soft doors although I don't know how yet without some aftermarket frame.

Go look at jeep aftermarket parts to get an idea. If those companies can make a buck off Jeep owners, they'll make a buck off us.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From Road and Track: Unlike the Wrangler, the New Bronco's Doors Fit in the Trunk

One other nifty door detail: The two-door Bronco uses unique doors that are longer than the front doors on the four-door model. (Jeep uses the same front doors on two-door and four-door Wranglers as well as Gladiator pickup models.) The longer doors make for easier access to the back seat, and give the two-door Bronco a more proportional look. However, those longer doors can only fit in the Bronco's trunk with the rear seat folded. We also assume the bigger doors weigh slightly more than those on the four-door, though we're awaiting confirmation from Ford on that.

So yeah, something to protect them would be nice.
According to this thread, storage bags for the doors is an option:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/allowable-and-excluded-options-per-trim-level.2528/
{
"selected": [
"2 Door",
"BASE"
],
"allowable": [
"Storage Bag - Front Row Roof Panels & Door",

Not that that's a huge deal, but I'm trying to get a list together of what I want to get from Ford and what I'll worry about later.

Lots of other stuff on the list as far as what's allowed, not allowed, and included with each trim.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OK, If you have the 4 door and head off for the outdoors, what are the odds your rear cargo area is empty to store doors anyway? The ability to put them in the back is not going to be that big of an issue because most people will have other stuff back there in the first place. 2 door or 4 door, you're going to have stuff with you.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're going to do any serious off roading, or lets say, camp, you're not taking any doors with you. Those doors take up the storage in the 4 door as well. plus, they fit, but couldn't possibly be secure back there when crawling even moderate trails.

It was nice for Ford to consider and market, but no serious off roader is using precious storage space for doors. If so, where will my storage system, Dometic, recovery gear, and tent go? Some can be carried on a roof rack, sure, but that's where my spade, Maxtraxx, and jerry cans go.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly my thoughts. If people couldn't store the doors in the back of the 4 door it would never have been a deal breaker between the 4 door and 2 door. It's a nice party trick but it's not practical.

A lot of people are buying the 4 door because they need the practical storage space for camping or traveling. You won't have space for the doors normally. I can see if you're leaving work on a nice day and decide to pull them off, sure. But it's not something your average owner will bother doing.

And no way would I do that if I was wheeling. Unless it has some sort of carrier in the back they will move around. Trails can be violent.

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having owned many Wranglers, I would never consider removing my doors or hard top panels away from home. I would be concerned about not only damage, but unless you're with your vehicle 100% of the time from the time you take them off until you put them back on, they would be at risk of being stolen out the back of the vehicle.

Maybe Ford will have some sort of secure storage for them in the 2 Door Bronco, and even if it were included, I don't know if I'd see myself ever using it. I'd take them off at home and put them back on whenever I needed to. I'm sure others might want it but it's not for me.

Maybe my point of view is because of my previous Wranglers with doors that aren't super lightweight. I don't know the difference in weight between the JK and JL and what the Bronco doors will weigh. Maybe the design has been improved enough to make it slightly more attractive.

EDIT:

I looked up the JK, JL and the expected weight of the Bronco. I was surprised to see the JK and JL weigh the same, which is 70 lbs. I found an article that said the front doors on a 4 door Bronco should weigh 54 lbs. If the doors on the 2 door are a little longer, I'm guessing they'd weigh a pound or two more. I still think 110-120 pounds in the back of your Bronco isn't the safest place for them. If I go on the trails, I'd probably want to use the space in the back for other things.

Last edited:

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hmmm...lots to think about. I can see taking the doors off when I'm out and stashing them in the tent. But driving around with them in the back, unsecured...maybe not such a good idea. And yeah, theft. Unless you can pop them back on pretty quickly in a parking lot, I would leave them on or at home. Space is not an issue, though - I can fit everything I need for a couple of weeks in a pack and a cooler.
Sponsored