Sponsored

Two door, why not sell with a soft top??

NathanML

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Corvette / Royal Enfield Continental GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The title says it all. I wonder why Ford will not sell a two door Bronco with just a soft top?! I would personally, and I’m sure many others, be willing to pay a bit of an up charge to just get a soft top if it would get production going faster for our vehicles. And I also personally love the fastback look of the available soft top.

What do you all think? Why isn’t Ford doing this? Would you want it? And would you pay a little more for it?
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree that Bestop's 2dr fastback top is GREAT looking! Wouldn't take much for Ford to contract those tops...even make them dealer installed. Of course if they did that, that would make perfect sense, ergo...never going to happen. Let's face it, the Bronco has faced an uphill battle to get this far. Even got an escape named after it to try to deflect people from buying it. 2dr is a product that they would very much like to eliminate. Constraining it as much as possible is one way to make it die off

Tpugman

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, FRS, AW11
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

On the bronco configurator, Ford added the option for the Bestop sunrider fastback soft top for extra $$ for the 2 doors. It says it is a dealer installed option. I would not be sure if you still get a hardtop too

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

More no, the fastback softie looks hideous. But at this point, Ford could deliver mine without a top at all and I'd probably be happy.
The fastback softy looks great 👍 and I asked my dealer if there was a way to get it instead of the hard top, I love the ease of open top motoring instead of unbolted and winches.

Sponsored

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On the bronco configurator, Ford added the option for the Bestop sunrider fastback soft top for extra $$ for the 2 doors. It says it is a dealer installed option. I would not be sure if you still get a hardtop too
It would arrive with a hardtop

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice...I was planning on getting one aftermarket, but it's still going to ship w/the MIC...which keeps it constrained

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fastback softy looks great 👍 and I asked my dealer if there was a way to get it instead of the hard top, I love the ease of open top motoring instead of unbolted and winches.
And, your dealer said "NO"

gaspasm

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Uhhh! I don’t think any 2dr first day order holders have made this argument!! 😂😂😂😂

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree one of the best looking soft tops ever

OP
OP
NathanML

NathanML

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Corvette / Royal Enfield Continental GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You definitely get both tops