peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Got to see the Bronco live this weekend in Philadelphia and I did not take any photos because so many others have done a better job than I could so I thought I would share two things - one great and one more of a question
1. There is a dead pedal on the automatic - did not know it and love it because it really helps on long trips
2. I don't get the grab handle near the shifter on the passenger side. Not sure anyone is ever going to actually grab it.

Other than those two hot takes, and not knowing anything about mechanical stuff, I'll say this - it's a cool original design and I am looking forward to getting one
Sponsored

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The grab handle is the "oh shit" handle, or one of them. Instead of one in front of you there is one to either side of the passenger.

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2. I don't get the grab handle near the shifter on the passenger side. Not sure anyone is ever going to actually grab it.
I grabbed the handle when I went on my drive, but it required me to lean forward. To really grab it (I am 5' 11" with long arms) you will have to pull the seat forward, and I like to keep my face away from airbags. I am betting the aftermarket will build one for people to stay firmly seated and away from the airbags.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The grab handle is the "oh shit" handle, or one of them. Instead of one in front of you there is one to either side of the passenger.
I remember as a teenager, riding in a Jeep CJ with no roof, no doors, as the driver was whipping around some very tight hairpins on the side of a mountain. You bet I was holding onto the "oh shit" handle as tight as I could. 😁😁

Sponsored

Liquid_Todd~AZ

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From Wikipedia, describes this post perfectly>>> In journalism, a hot take is a "piece of deliberately provocative commentary that is based almost entirely on shallow moralizing" in response to a news story,[1] "usually written on tight deadlines with little research or reporting, and even less thought".[2]

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First person to make a cupholder that bolts in it's place will be a god.
Just waiting to get some measurements and I got a 3d printer ready to go
Im sure I won't be the only one

OP
OP
peterh

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

From Wikipedia, describes this post perfectly>>> In journalism, a hot take is a "piece of deliberately provocative commentary that is based almost entirely on shallow moralizing" in response to a news story,[1] "usually written on tight deadlines with little research or reporting, and even less thought".[2]
LOL yuuup. No measurements, engineering analysis, etc. But I bet some people are happy to know about the dead pedal, I know I was.

Reactions: RLW

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
First person to make a cupholder that bolts in it's place will be a god.
Never even considered this. The bronco bolts everywhere are going to be awesome as people figure out stuff like this.

Sponsored

Howdy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Trucks
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

...2. I don't get the grab handle near the shifter on the passenger side. Not sure anyone is ever going to actually grab it...
Absolutely true for the base model, where it's impossible to grab that which doesn't exist. The Bronco bolts (screws) are fortunately there, so options abound.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^^^^^^^^^ I don't think you are doing it right.

Seriously though, if you are off road at speed, some passengers will feel more comfortable holding on, especially given the two point seat belt instead of a five point harness. There is nothing gimmicky about it.

Last edited:

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Never even knew a dead pedal was a thing. Is this mostly for short people for when your feet can't reach the floor?

The grab handle was really loose on the models I saw. Seems like a gimmick to change out colors.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember as a teenager, riding in a Jeep CJ with no roof, no doors, as the driver was whipping around some very tight hairpins on the side of a mountain. You bet I was holding onto the "oh shit" handle as tight as I could. 😁😁
Back in my day we didn't need no Stinkin handles or seat belts, we just fell out brushed ourselves off and climbed back in 😜
Sponsored