Two "Hot Takes" from seeing the Bronco

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First person to make a cupholder that bolts in it's place will be a god.
This.
I wanted to "laugh face" because it is funny.
I wanted to "like it" because it is true.
Alas, limited to one reaction.
If not I would have "liked" it a hundred times.
The handle looks good there. As far as functional... the jury is out.
It would be nice to see something sue that connection point that is a more user-friendly and everyday need. and a cupholder or the like that makes ergonomic sense is a high one on the list.
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. SO glad they put one in! I had to do something with my JK about my left foot. It was never comfortable on extended trips but luckily aftermarket took care of it. I'll never go without again.

2. At first glance the middle grab handle looks wonky and out of place but I can tell ya whenever my old man rides shotgun in my Jeep, 2.5" lift and 33's and with his bad knees he's not too flexible to just hop in so he always grabs the center console to leverage himself in. So that grab handle would be a welcomed point of contact for him. I have hoops on the roll bar for passengers to use but that doesn't work for him.

I'm going BaseSquatch which doesn't come with that center grab handle so I'll have to make bolting one of those on my first mod just for Pops.
This makes sense also. I didn't even think about people using he console as a leverage point.
I hope this gives him a good access option on your new ride!

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back in my day we didn't need no Stinkin handles or seat belts, we just fell out brushed ourselves off and climbed back in 😜
So true!!! 😅

Quick story: I fell out of the bed of a pickup truck in high school and landed on my wrist. (I actually got pushed, horsing around, but that's another story.) Anyhoo... I brushed myself off, got back in, and didn't think any more about it. Couple of weeks later, after the swelling went down but the lump on my wrist didn't, Mom gave me a stern lecture and I reluctantly visited the doctor. Doc took an X-ray, put the chart on the light board, slapped me in the back of the head, and asked me how that 30 degree break in my radius was gonna heal without being set?!? 😲

For the next six weeks, I wore a cast on my right arm. Fortunately it was in the off-season, so it didn't impact my high school basketball team. 🏀

Good times! 😂

Last edited:
OP
OP
peterh

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

so maybe they were "hot takes" after all!? hahahah lol

Sponsored

Td3

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Need to see a photo.
Here you go - this was the automatic BD I sat in in Baltimore. As someone else said, helpful to have a place to rest your left foot (my JK just has open space to the left of the brake, which is annoying)

Ford Bronco Two "Hot Takes" from seeing the Bronco 85EF93AC-BA0F-44FF-A619-DE9CD2812935

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for this. A good foot rest...never heard about dead pedal

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So true!!! 😅

Quick story: I fell out of the bed of a pickup truck in high school and landed on my wrist. (I actually got pushed, horsing around, but that's another story.) Anyhoo... I brushed myself off, got back in, and didn't think any more about it. Couple of weeks later, after the swelling went down but the lump on my wrist didn't, Mom gave me a stern lecture and I reluctantly visited the doctor. Doc took an X-ray, put the chart on the light board, slapped me in the back of the head, and asked me how that 30 degree break in my radius was gonna heal without being set?!? 😲

For the next six weeks, I wore a cast on my right arm. Fortunately it was in the off-season, so it didn't impact my high school basketball team. 🏀

Good times! 😂
Another funny story, back in the 60s I was pitching in a Little League game, the batter hit a line drive right at me and hit me in the face, the coaches come out mom and dad run out they pick me up give me a look over ask if I'm ok and I'm dazed but say I'm good, coach slaps me on the butt and says go get um tiger and I stayed in the game LOL, got me a black eye from that one but ended up hitting a home run and winning the game. Ah the good old days 😉
Sponsored

Last edited: