First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I've had my doors off now for about a month, and come across a couple issues that I have not come across yet that only happen when the doors are off.

1. I always drive in Sport Mode. However, if the Bronco has been off for an extended period, the dash does not ask if I want to remain in Sport Mode like normal. During short periods of not running, it asks as normal.

2. When pressing the break pedal to start the Bronco, it does this weird clicking thing when pushing the ignition button. Not sure how else to explain it...but it only happens when the doors are off.

Anyone else experience these minor issues?
Sponsored

OP
OP
straycat

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No one?

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just speculating, but in regards to #2 above.... is it possible that because this is a "noise situation" that you are only hearing when the doors are off, and in fact the noise is present all the time?

Just speculating, because the doors being off should have zero effect on the starter or anythign related to it, so I thought I would at least throw that out there.

OP
OP
straycat

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just speculating, but in regards to #2 above.... is it possible that because this is a "noise situation" that you are only hearing when the doors are off, and in fact the noise is present all the time?

Just speculating, because the doors being off should have zero effect on the starter or anythign related to it, so I thought I would at least throw that out there.
Its more than just a noise situation. There is a "fluttering" of sorts to the brake pedal as well, something I can feel through my foot.

Normally when pressing the brake pedal and hitting the start button, the brake depresses smoothly.

With the doors off, the brake depresses, but with added clicking noises (which are internal, and not something I'm hearing from the outside), and bits of resistance/fluttering. Its difficult to describe in words, and not sure its something I can even capture in video. I'll try later this afternoon though.

Badness

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 1968 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get #1 anytime I turn off my Bronco in any mode but normal. I also got a variety of errors when not wearing seatbelt. Haven't experienced #2 issue, and I daily drove with top and doors off for two months.

Sponsored
OP
OP
straycat

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

tzelko

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I've had my doors off now for about a month, and come across a couple issues that I have not come across yet that only happen when the doors are off.

1. I always drive in Sport Mode. However, if the Bronco has been off for an extended period, the dash does not ask if I want to remain in Sport Mode like normal. During short periods of not running, it asks as normal.

2. When pressing the break pedal to start the Bronco, it does this weird clicking thing when pushing the ignition button. Not sure how else to explain it...but it only happens when the doors are off.

Anyone else experience these minor issues?
Yes, I have the same issue with the break pressing, with doors off. Came on here to see if anyone else is having this issue and you are the only one I've seen talk about it. I tend not to put much pressure on the break when the doors are off because of that mid pressure release the break gives. Does not seem to effect anything but a really odd feeling with starting up the bronco.
Sponsored