Sponsored

Two oddball answers for which I searched and no joy.

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure the exact verbiage that was used in the video. The video where the interior designers explained the fabrics and colors, one of the women stated it is part of the door showing through. "Implying" that it is the inner section of the door coming through the trim. This should be insulated and separate from the outer panel.
Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there any part of the Bronco that hasn't been bitched about now ? Now I'm worried if the interior door handle is metal and connected to the outside skin with a metal rod . I don't want to get frostbite on my fingers just trying to get out !!

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does ford still give the reward points when you buy a new vehicle? When I bought my explorer last year, I got around 42k points which if I remember correctly equates to around $250. You can use those points to buy any accessory or service. I used it to buy the 3rd row and cargo area liners (first and second row were thrown in for free by the dealer). I know the bronco will have a ton of accessories you’d probably rather use those points on, but it’s still an option. I actually like the ford liners better than the weather techs.

Last edited:

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As for the floor mats- There are not smooth, but each foot well is recessed more than most vehicles. The floor liners that I saw in A51 Overland rig were cut to fit the foot wells perfectly. I have an FJ cruiser with a rubber floor and rubber mats. They slide around all the time/get tripped on. I really think the Bronco factory rubber mats were a huge improvement and perfect as is.

I have had Weathertech and Husky liners. Looking at the Bronco mats, I am 100% convinced I don't need aftermarket.

Sponsored

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think there is a doughnut hole in the middle of the door card showing the actual metal door structure. Just think of the addition manufacturing steps to make this happen, painting and polishing the inner door, cutting a hole and trimming the door card, time is money. The color is an applique to give the impression you're in an old tin box of a truck. Anybody that has sat in the front of one of these can tell me I am wrong.

Ford Bronco Two oddball answers for which I searched and no joy. Overland6IMG_0922

P.C

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Silverado, 1952 Chev 3100, 2016 Honda Fit
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In one of the videos on the Area51 overland rig, the Bronco brand manager guy mentioned the floor liners were “Husky” brand. In my experience good mats and very similar to Weather Tech.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Perfect! So part of the inner skin, looks to be the worst case I imagined it could be, inner skin will have direct contact to the outer skin along the edges and the air between the skins. That aluminum is going to move heat. Question is how much. I guess I am back to waiting until someone gets their hands on one next Spring/Summer to ask again. Thank you for the pictures, they were spot on!
The door has a stamped steel frame with an outer sheet metal skin welded or bonded to the outside of the frame. Inside the door behind the sheet metal outer skin are the guide tracks for the window, the window drive mechanism, and the door lock mechanism.

The inner door panel, called a "door card" is formed out of a bonded paper pulp matrix material to which the inside trim materials are glued to. The body-colored trim insert is simply a piece of formed plastic painted to match the body color. There is no physical connection between the outer door sheet metal skin and the plastic body-colored interior trim on the door card, so no heat transfer can occur.

Also, there is a vapor barrier made of plastic sheet that is glued to the inner door frame; the adhesive is usually a black sticky gum that stays tacky so the vapor barrier can be removed to ease repair of the components inside the door.

All automobile doors are manufactured with similar architecture I described above. The design supports safety in the event of a side impact. Having a metal interior trim piece connected to the outer skin would severely injure the occupant of the seat next to the door in case of a side impact. No mass produced automobile door would ever be manufactured that way. A metal interior door trim piece could become a knife in an accident and slice up the occupant inside the vehicle. You'll have no issues with heat transfer.

Last edited:

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1). The front interior of the two door has the body color painted metal section. Does anyone know if it is actually part of the door skin or just an insert? The concern is that if there is metal to metal contact with the outer skin, it will transfer the heat or cold from the outside directly into the vehicle with just the paint layer(s) as insulation. Meaning the -25F days I sometimes gets will turn it into a frozen/frosted mess that will drip condensate all over the door, give me freeze burns if I brush against it, and chill my left leg all the time and on the 110F days it will burn the crap out of me if I come in contact with it and cook my left leg with radiant heat. Speculation is not helpful, looking for a picture (or direct knowledge) on if that inside painted section is part of the door that they just did not put trim over or if it is an insert in the trim.

2). Floor inserts (front and back) $160. I was looking at the pre-pro pictures of the washout floors and they appear to be uneven with lots of places to catch a shoe or boot heel in addition to maybe forcing the feet to be at unusual angles for getting at the pedals (clutch pedal specifically) or getting snagged entering and exiting. Anyone who has seen or sat in a Bronco with the washout floor think it is flat enough to not worry about, or are the liners more necessary than one might think on the washouts? I am sure the aftermarket will have better for cheaper, but the Bronco branded (again, pre-pro) liner pictures look pretty nice.

Thanks for the read!

Edit; from the replies and some absolutely spot on pictures from
Lab00Rat, am adding floor liners and postponing my first question until people actually have these trucks in pocket. Thanks for your help everyone!
There is a crash beam in between the inner panel and outer skin. So that is either an insert attached to the inner panel or it is part of the inner panel.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think there is a doughnut hole in the middle of the door card showing the actual metal door structure. Just think of the addition manufacturing steps to make this happen, painting and polishing the inner door, cutting a hole and trimming the door card, time is money. The color is an applique to give the impression you're in an old tin box of a truck. Anybody that has sat in the front of one of these can tell me I am wrong.

Ford Bronco Two oddball answers for which I searched and no joy. Overland6IMG_0922
The colored "insert" is on the 2 dr only. It can be seen in the drone photos on the 2 drs only.
Ford Bronco Two oddball answers for which I searched and no joy. 1606151548611

If I get VB I think it will look cool, If I get Carb Gray I'll probably pop the door panel and paint it VB. I,m mildly concerned about possible rattle issues.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, you've never had a car door apart obviously. ...
You would be wrong on me not having seen a door apart and while your description is accurate to my personal knowledge on most of the doors I have seen with the inner panels off (replaced many a window, switches, speakers, and the like), the pictures that Lab00rat posted show very clearly the interior skin is connected to the outer either by glue, weld, mechanical fastener, or combination therein and that the inner stamping includes the distinctive shape of the interior portion that is in question. The interior trim attaches to the inner skin and leaves a blank open for the painted metal to directly enter the cabin. Hopefully I have cleared up your misunderstanding on the apparent peculiarities of the front door assembly on the 2-door Bronco and thanks again for trying to help!

(did I mention my last job was in QC in a sheet metal plant?)

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You would be wrong on me not having seen a door apart and while your description is accurate to my personal knowledge on most of the doors I have seen with the inner panels off (replaced many a window, switches, speakers, and the like), the pictures that Lab00rat posted show very clearly the interior skin is connected to the outer either by glue, weld, mechanical fastener, or combination therein and that the inner stamping includes the distinctive shape of the interior portion that is in question. The interior trim attaches to the inner skin and leaves a blank open for the painted metal to directly enter the cabin. Hopefully I have cleared up your misunderstanding on the apparent peculiarities of the front door assembly on the 2-door Bronco and thanks again for trying to help!

(did I mention my last job was in QC in a sheet metal plant?)
I removed my first sentence after considering it could be taken as rude, so my apologies. But maybe I'm misunderstanding your question. I think you asked if the matching body-colored interior door trim part was (a) metal, and (b) mechanically attached to the outer door skin.

While I understand your concern about heat transfer, I've never seen a modern automobile door card with an opening that would expose the internal door framing. It would be a major safety issue first off, and secondly, an expensive manufacturing process that a high-rate production vehicle would never incorporate as a design element.

I'd bet a box of doughnuts that the design of the New Bronco doors are as I described. The door card has a plastic, body-colored trim piece and the door card is affixed to the door frame with a combination of hidden screw fasteners (for the armrest) and plastic button fasteners at the perimeter.
Sponsored