Sponsored

Two oddball answers for which I searched and no joy.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was just a joke on how Ford has shown a bunch of stuff on the mules you cannot actually get. Everyone knows that the windows go down (the up part is where it gets murky...)
Everyone knows the Bronco door windows will slide horizontally like this. :)

land-rover-series-iia-1476934191393-1000x564.jpg
Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Ranger has steel surrounds around the door panel. There is an inner shell and an outer shell, they are welded together to make the door. A vinyl wrapped cardboard piece push pinned on is the door panel. You made me think, I don't remember the window surrounds ever being cold.

But then it hit me, I am never running around in my swim trunks and a t-shirt in winter so if it its cold I have never noticed it.

It gets hot in the sun but doesn't really transfer outside heat from the inside. Out of the sun the door is the same temp as everything else in the cab not in the sun.

It changes temperature easier/faster because it transfers heat better... someone can't see the forest thru the trees.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You preheat metal before welding (especially aluminum) because it conducts heat so well. If you don't heat before welding the heat from the weld sinks to the rest of the metal and the weld cools too quick. Preheating slows the conduction and keeps the heat at the weld longer.

The conductivity of aluminum is why it cools to handle much quicker than steel after welding.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

1). The front interior of the two door has the body color painted metal section. Does anyone know if it is actually part of the door skin or just an insert? The concern is that if there is metal to metal contact with the outer skin, it will transfer the heat or cold from the outside directly into the vehicle with just the paint layer(s) as insulation. Meaning the -25F days I sometimes gets will turn it into a frozen/frosted mess that will drip condensate all over the door, give me freeze burns if I brush against it, and chill my left leg all the time and on the 110F days it will burn the crap out of me if I come in contact with it and cook my left leg with radiant heat. Speculation is not helpful, looking for a picture (or direct knowledge) on if that inside painted section is part of the door that they just did not put trim over or if it is an insert in the trim.

2). Floor inserts (front and back) $160. I was looking at the pre-pro pictures of the washout floors and they appear to be uneven with lots of places to catch a shoe or boot heel in addition to maybe forcing the feet to be at unusual angles for getting at the pedals (clutch pedal specifically) or getting snagged entering and exiting. Anyone who has seen or sat in a Bronco with the washout floor think it is flat enough to not worry about, or are the liners more necessary than one might think on the washouts? I am sure the aftermarket will have better for cheaper, but the Bronco branded (again, pre-pro) liner pictures look pretty nice.

Thanks for the read!

Edit; from the replies and some absolutely spot on pictures from
Lab00Rat, am adding floor liners and postponing my first question until people actually have these trucks in pocket. Thanks for your help everyone!
On -25F days your Bronco is going to Freezer. Sorry to break the news to you. There's no way the hard top is going to provide enough thermal protection/insulation for the heater to to over come an ambient temperature of -25F.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You preheat metal before welding (especially aluminum) because it conducts heat so well. If you don't heat before welding the heat from the weld sinks to the rest of the metal and the weld cools too quick. Preheating slows the conduction and keeps the heat at the weld longer.

The conductivity of aluminum is why it cools to handle much quicker than steel after welding.
Which material will better let you weld while naked?

I was welding some Flux @220v while wearing only a single glove, festival pants and a hood. The metal sparks burned right through the pants and onto the nads, bare feet and even reached the chest and un-gloved hand. Really hurt! Some creative scars were obtained that day.

Perhaps switching to aluminum would prevent this? What has been your experience?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Which material will better let you weld while naked?

I was welding some Flux @220v while wearing only a single glove, festival pants and a hood. The metal sparks burned right through the pants and onto the nads, bare feet and even reached the chest and un-gloved hand. Really hurt! Some creative scars were obtained that day.

Perhaps switching to aluminum would prevent this? What has been your experience?
If welding naked is your top priority then you should pick up a TIG machine.

I spent a couple years doing mostly architectural stainless and a bit of aluminum. I hated the job. Hate TIG. Hate welding for that matter but at least I didn't burn up every piece of clothing with slag and sparks.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If welding naked is your top priority then you should pick up a TIG machine.

I spent a couple years doing mostly architectural stainless and a bit of aluminum. I hated the job. Hate TIG. Hate welding for that matter but at least I didn't burn up every piece of clothing with slag and sparks.
It was a difficult situation. We don't work on bikes unless you're cute. And this was a qualifying situation. So there was nothing I could do and most of the safety gear was soooooooo far away from my beer cup.

Ford Bronco Two oddball answers for which I searched and no joy. Safety3rd

Your work sounds like it started off fun, then degraded into a grind. And we're not talking angle grinders!

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do we know for sure that the windows roll down on the 2 Door?
According to Build and Price, the windows stay up until you remove the doors.??

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That tiny bit of exposed inner steel on the door is not an issue. Until the 1980s most trucks and some cars (thinking VW Beetle but there were lots of others as well) had metal doors with just a plastic and cardboard door card in the middle. You learned as a little kid (long before you started driving) not to put your bare arm on a window sill that had been baking in the sun - you did it once, that was all it took. The metal heats up and cools down along with the interior without any condensation. The photo is of a '77 F-150 (not mine).

Ford Bronco Two oddball answers for which I searched and no joy. 77f150.JPG
Sponsored