Chairs

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone used a two-post auto lift to remove/store/install your 4-door bronco top?
Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m thinking, if you have a two-post lift, wouldnā€™t you likely have room to install a simple hoist to pull and store the roof?

But yeah, Iā€™m sure you could figure out a way to use the lift for thatā€¦

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m thinking, if you have a two-post lift, wouldnā€™t you likely have room to install a simple hoist to pull and store the roof?

This. Easy hoist job. My bronco is a softie but a cheap little rope hoist always worked well on my jeeps

OP
OP
Chairs

Chairs

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Except that the roof is exceptionally high in this particular space. Plenty of room for a hoist and overhead storage, but difficult to reach for the install.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Except that the roof is exceptionally high in this particular space. Plenty of room for a hoist and overhead storage, but difficult to reach for the install.
Man, I wish I had that much overhead room in my garage! LOL

So what would you do with the top once itā€™s off the Bronco?

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The botTom of the roof joist in my garage are 12 feet off the floor. I plan to mount an electric hoist with a bracket that positions the hoist at 8 feet , or 10 if the hoist controller cord is long enough. Would be great if I could find a hoist that had an extra long controller cord. I have found one that has a remote control ,so it may be the option.

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think a rope hoist is still the way to go. 12 feet isnā€™t all that high, if you rent a scissor lift. Hardest part is mounting it but once thatā€™s done, itā€™s cake

WillinMA

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak, 2020 G Wagon, 2018 Audi R8 Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The botTom of the roof joist in my garage are 12 feet off the floor. I plan to mount an electric hoist with a bracket that positions the hoist at 8 feet , or 10 if the hoist controller cord is long enough. Would be great if I could find a hoist that had an extra long controller cord. I have found one that has a remote control ,so it may be the option.
Here's my setup with 16 foot ceilings. I also mounted the electric winch further down the wall because of the length of the controller cord as well - all inline with the joist and the pulleys. I've used this setup for years for a jeep, and with the bronco hardtop I just put some pool noodles inbetween the middle piece and the the bagged front roof panels all stacked up. You'll also notice a really tall step ladder which is key to getting everything installed!!!

Ford Bronco Two-post lift? hoist

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's my setup with 16 foot ceilings. I also mounted the electric winch further down the wall because of the length of the controller cord as well - all inline with the joist and the pulleys. I've used this setup for years for a jeep, and with the bronco hardtop I just put some pool noodles inbetween the middle piece and the the bagged front roof panels all stacked up. You'll also notice a really tall step ladder which is key to getting everything installed!!!

Ford Bronco Two-post lift? hoist
Now this I dig! Thanks for the install info.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone used a two-post auto lift to remove/store/install your 4-door bronco top?
I do it. In fact my hard top is currently sitting on the lift arms, up in the air out of the way. Overkill but it works great, if I'm not using the lift for something else.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Chairs

Chairs

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I do it. In fact my hard top is currently sitting on the lift arms, up in the air out of the way. Overkill but it works great, if I'm not using the lift for something else.
Are you essentially lifting the top manually and placing it on the lift arms? Or did you manage a way to lift the top off with the lift arms, too?

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you essentially lifting the top manually and placing it on the lift arms? Or did you manage a way to lift the top off with the lift arms, too?
Sort of. After I have the top un-bolted, I swing the lift arms around so that they're next to the top at the front and rear, and at a height that's just above the bedside rail. Then I lift one side up, swing the arms under it, do the same on the other side, then raise the lift a few more inches before driving the Bronco out from under it. In reality it's overkill for this job, and functioning more as a rack than an actual lift. But its just a convenient use for it and makes removing the top a simple one-person operation. Plus, if I'm not using the lift for anything else I can store it there up high out of the way, or lower it down to the floor onto a dolly and roll it out of the way.

Ford Bronco Two-post lift? IMG_3591.JPEG

Ford Bronco Two-post lift? IMG_3592.JPEG

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Two-post lift? IMG_3592.JPEG
How do you have the top strapped?

WillinMA

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak, 2020 G Wagon, 2018 Audi R8 Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How do you have the top strapped?
Basically two ratchet type straps that I looped thru the metal brackets at the front (that attached hardtop to roof rail) and then out the back where the rear window flips up - and then it was the game of balancing it left/right/front/back!!!

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sort of. After I have the top un-bolted, I swing the lift arms around so that they're next to the top at the front and rear, and at a height that's just above the bedside rail. Then I lift one side up, swing the arms under it, do the same on the other side, then raise the lift a few more inches before driving the Bronco out from under it. In reality it's overkill for this job, and functioning more as a rack than an actual lift. But its just a convenient use for it and makes removing the top a simple one-person operation. Plus, if I'm not using the lift for anything else I can store it there up high out of the way, or lower it down to the floor onto a dolly and roll it out of the way.
I have been contemplating using my two-post for my roof! When I realized the arms were basically even with the top, I gave up initially. My latest thought was to build pipe height extensions for the arms that would enable me to put straps under the top and pick it up.

Your method also feels like a viable option of picking up underneath the top itself. More to followā€¦ Thank you!

Ford Bronco Two-post lift? IMG_0071
Sponsored