First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have been looking in the Tx. sites about personalized plates and they are asking from 45.00 to 90.00 bucks per year to have , is this normal pricing or am I not looking in the right place ?
if that is what it is , I am not paying that kind of money PER YEAR . if it was a one time charge I would be a buyer
What say Ye , someone know of a different way/site ? ( Tx. residence plates )
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't know about Texas, but here in N.C. they run from $10 to $45 plus your regular registration fee depending on the style you pick. And yes, it's every year. The DMV needs yo money.....:)

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been looking in the Tx. sites about personalized plates and they are asking from 45.00 to 90.00 bucks per year to have , is this normal pricing or am I not looking in the right place ?
if that is what it is , I am not paying that kind of money PER YEAR . if it was a one time charge I would be a buyer
What say Ye , someone know of a different way/site ? ( Tx. residence plates )
Nope that's correct texas custom plates are kind of expensive .

I may go vetbro douche and get a medal plate because it's cheaper and I think you semi customize them

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
old goat

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
well that settles it I'm not going to have personal plates , just settle with the 7 letters/ numbers combo I get issued
not going to pay extra , I thought it was a one time pay and that was it .

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. I bought mine for 5 years since it's to honor my son and will always have the plates and always have this Bronco. Just waiting to put them on the Bronco.
Ford Bronco TX. folks, who knows about personalized license plates question IMG_20201106_202525

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow that sucks, for PA it's a one and done fee to get whatever kind of special organization plate you want is $40 then choose letters / numbers is another $70 if memory serves. From there it's yours forever no ongoing costs.

OP
OP
old goat

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
another question , so you pay x number of dollars per year x 5 years and that is for the life of the plate ? you can use on whatever vehicle you register at the DMV office
Razorback got me to thinking this out

Sponsored

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

another question , so you pay x number of dollars per year x 5 years and that is for the life of the plate ? you can use on whatever vehicle you register at the DMV office
Razorback got me to thinking this out
5 Years is the max you can personalize the plate for, but yes, once purchased, you can assign it to any vehicle you want over that 5 years when it is registered with the county clerks office. Have owned personalized plates for about 20 years now in TX.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. I bought mine for 5 years since it's to honor my son and will always have the plates and always have this Bronco. Just waiting to put them on the Bronco.
IMG_20201106_202525.jpg
Hey Razorback. Love the plates, that's awesome! You sir, have my utmost respect! So, I did not realize you could get the plates prior to owning the vehicle? I thought you had to have the VIN when you got the plates???

Ok, I see the other replies before I got my question in!!!

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes you can keep the plate number and transfer it. You used to be able to buy them direct thru TX DMV which is what I did, but now it redirects you to myplates anyway.

Actually it looks like they still have some of the conservation plates direct at https://conservationplate.org/

If it makes you feel better, $22 of the $30 fee goes to Parks & Wildlife or whichever org the plate is associated with like Ducks Unlimited or whatever.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BTW, when I placed my order in January, I ordered this for my upcoming WildTrak. Looking forward to having it on the new vehicle. But damned if they will make me have it on the front place set location. That would look awful.

Ford Bronco TX. folks, who knows about personalized license plates question 1615218087433

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Razorback. Love the plates, that's awesome! You sir, have my utmost respect! So, I did not realize you could get the plates prior to owning the vehicle? I thought you had to have the VIN when you got the plates???

Ok, I see the other replies before I got my question in!!!
I was afraid you needed VIN also but I went through the order and it let me. Confirmed with tax office when I picked them up that I can just assign then the the new vehicle once built.
Sponsored