North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Does this allow you to maintain factory warranty on these add-on parts, if it is correct Ford warranties add-on parts purchased though them?

(which gets us into the whole discussion about the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and it's impact on the Bronco aftermarket parts, but I'll save that for a future thread, this one is about tires.)
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was initially thinking about GtRadial Komodos which ive had on my comanche for a year and a half. they have minimal wear from maximum abuse. I use it on a jungle farm everyday climbing up on a compost pile back in the banana patch 4 days a week. However the sizes available will probably smaller than i run on the bronco. I love all bias swampers and may go with a set of LTB or standard TSLs. But more realisticly I could go with some Goodyear MTRs or Baja Claws both almost as good as a set of half worn Boggers(i ran a half worn set on 3 cjs and a bronco for 6 years and loved em). I hope they come equipped with Duratracs because I've always wanted to try em. Those tires will help me determine which brand to go with for a while. Regular ATs arent really good enough for me BFG KO2 are all over maui and I have found that they wear fast on the edges where all their bite is. But for sure after the warranty is long gone and its lifted I'm gonna get the biggest super swampers I can afford. Boggers are like riding on a magic cushion of confidence. One of my old wheeling spots in ohio had a lot of people dumping there(it was on the edge of a n old dump) every once in a while you'd see a pile of nails from old burnt lumber, never deterred me one bit. If you live somewhere with a lot of hills you may want to groove em to keep from sliding while side hilling. Thats where Baja Claws and Goodyear MTRs are good they have a bogger like pattern but with other features to give you lateral grip.

75734791.jpg

OIP.jpg

wmpa200569_jpg.jpg

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No Goodyear Wranglers under any circumstance. My work trucks always had Wranglers and frequently got sidewall punctures. I never replaced a set because one at a time they would sidewall puncture and have to be replaced.

No BFG All Terrains, Good enough tread design, but it seemed to me the first half wears quickly and the second half never gives up, leading to a lot of miles on less than optimum tread.

I'm running on Cooper Discoverer AT3's on my F250 and Jeep Lj. Great on road, good in snow and
off road. The XLT version has extra sidewall protection.

I'd run whatever comes on my new Bronco for a while but would probably have to upgrade to the Coopers before the stock tires wore out. I replaced the near drag slick stock Michelin LTX's on my F250 at 20K because I couldn't take having to chain up even in light off road snow or mud anymore.
Sponsored