First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
So we should pass on taking delivery of our Broncos because they are knowingly not built correctly? If true, that's very bad business, the Bronco I'm having built is $73K ($65,960 MSRP) that includes tax and registration. WTF !!!!
...I've had my AMB 4 door base for 21 months now..it's been to the dealer one time for an oil change..so don't lose hope...
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So we should pass on taking delivery of our Broncos because they are knowingly not built correctly? If true, that's very bad business, the Bronco I'm having built is $73K ($65,960 MSRP) that includes tax and registration. WTF !!!!
Wait, what, 7K in tax and registration?

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never said it did. I said my State Government being the largest employer could be the reason we have the worst roads and near the worst education systems in the Nation. The Canadian said “yay Military” and I just meant to include them into government to show that the number is even higher. Road construction and education (Union’s again) fall squarely under the State government’s control.
according to the oklahoma dept of commerce, the DOD is the largest employer in the state

https://www.okcommerce.gov/wp-content/uploads/Oklahoma-Largest-Employers-List.pdf

of course, they aggregate all the branches as one entity.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

Nellezhar

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, but that leaves out a lot of variables, and is 5 year old data. It shows a decline in wages - because of inflation adjusted earnings, not a direct monetary decline. There could be things like welders, that may have been high skill, high pay workers, but are now replaced by robotic systems. That would skew results as lower skilled labor may have been kept. Higher pay positions may have been moved to another country for cost reductions, also skewing the numbers. Insurance costs also went through the roof and that chart leaves out all benefits data that is needed for a complete picture. Also missing is union vs non to be relevant to this instance. We don't even know that the workers in this equation fit into that graph. That data is only a small piece and not enough to base a conclusion on in this instance.
I mean the data is pretty clear. It's actually four years it stops in 2018. Wouldn't those job cuts and losses lead to the company saving money overall? Thus making it possible to pay a more living wage, while your profits are at record levels? There is more than enough information in that graph to base if a raise should happen. How much, is a different story.

Nellezhar

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean, if you just feel the need be upset at the World then so be it. I go to work hoping to do a good enough job that my Company can make a profit and I get downright excited and happy when they do because I know I'll have a job next year. I work for a small Company (<300 people) and I can understand the difference in scale between my Company and a HUGE corporation like Ford. I can get face time with the CEO whereas the typical UAW worker cannot.

I hope you are satisfied with the future Contract that others will make for you, in a dark room, that you can't see in, nor give a voice to.

I'm sure the majority of the UAW members feel the same. They offered to cut wages during the financial crisis to help save the industry. You can want the company to be profitable, while also wanting a raise. You keep thinking everything is mutually exclusive, and the world doesn't work like that.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure the majority of the UAW members feel the same. They offered to cut wages during the financial crisis to help save the industry. You can want the company to be profitable, while also wanting a raise. You keep thinking everything is mutually exclusive, and the world doesn't work like that.
The raises may come with these Contract negotiations. Don't blame Ford for making a profit though, which is what I see happening in this thread. Don't blame Ford for not giving out exorbitant raises last year either because they couldn't violate the Contract they and the UAW agreed to.

I really do wish the good workers of the UAW could get the promise of a 20% raise over the next 4 years.
I wish Ford could continue to be profitable.
I wish the Bronco/Ranger plant could have remained Open during these negotiations.
I hope the 32 work week paid at 40 hours idea gets thrown in the dumpster.

Nellezhar

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The raises may come with these Contract negotiations. Don't blame Ford for making a profit though, which is what I see happening in this thread. Don't blame Ford for not giving out exorbitant raises last year either because they couldn't violate the Contract they and the UAW agreed to.

I really do wish the good workers of the UAW could get the promise of a 20% raise over the next 4 years.
I wish the Bronco/Ranger plant could have remained Open during these negotiations.

I think the 32 hour work week is a no go. I do think a 20% raise over four years is extremely low and is as much a hard pass as the 32 hour work week. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Billy Baroo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I hope and wish the UAW at the MAP facility have pride in their workmanship and my Bronco Wiltrak does not turn out to be a lemon.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do think a 20% raise over four years is extremely low
Times have changed quickly. The last CBA I was involved with (Teamsters) in 2015 was about 14% over 5 years and the union was pleased to get that.

Last edited:

Nellezhar

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Times have changed quickly. The last CBA I was involved with in 2015 was about 14% over 5 years and the union was pleased to get that.
The UAW has already laughed this proposal out the door. I'd bet money they'll hardpass this every time.

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mean the data is pretty clear. It's actually four years it stops in 2018. Wouldn't those job cuts and losses lead to the company saving money overall? Thus making it possible to pay a more living wage, while your profits are at record levels? There is more than enough information in that graph to base if a raise should happen. How much, is a different story.

The company saving money on something has absolutely nothing to do with how much you pay a worker or workers. Absolutely nothing. A "living wage" is not a thing. I don't understand why people think it is. A job is not a right. Neither is a particular pay scale. There is absolutely not enough info in that graph to make any decisions. Factually, mathematically, there is not. How much do they workers make right now and with what benefits? What job function do they perform? What is an industry average for that skill set? Until you can answer those questions that are the core of the issue at hand, nothing you posted can guide us to any decision. And not that it is necessarily relevant, but where are the stats coming from about profits? A quick search and random link pick shows profits have been down. I had no immediate results that show record profits. Again, not that it necessarily matters. I'm not saying they do or do not deserve more money. I am saying that we don't know that answer because we have no actual facts about the actual situation.

https://fiatgroupworld.com/2020/04/03/operating-profits-fell-by-11-in-2019-for-all-major-oems/
Sponsored