First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like the strikes are for show of force. I suspect short strike but the damage will be done. More jobs will move off shore. Vehicles will get more expensive, less capital investment so who wins?
Sponsored

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds like the strikes are for show of force. I suspect short strike but the damage will be done. More jobs will move off shore. Vehicles will get more expensive, less capital investment so who wins?
Mexico wins.

DrTiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 23 WildTrak just changed to "In production" so I wonder if they will keep pushing through what they can and create a backlog for MAP when the deal is struck.
I am now wondering if I just wait it out, or make a move on an instock equilivent.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Next year the Bronco will be made in Mexico and the USA parts content will be 5% like the Bronco Sport. Way to go UAW!!! You call that a win? Your union bosses have their golden parachute, do you? I used to suppot the home team, NOT ANYMORE. Screw big american corporations and greedy unions pushing their agenda on us. Next time, its going to be TOYOTA!!!

Sponsored

roboticsrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Blend Date was July 17th for my 2-door Bronco Wildtrak. Per Ford's Marketing Team the vehicle has been built but parked at their Michigan Assembly Plant for the last 27 days waiting for shipment via rail to California. The Teamsters who ship for the Big 3 won't cross the picket line. No one at Ford can explain why the Bronco has been sitting for 27 days and not shipped.
Did you order the roof rack? Mine sat in the lot there for about 7 weeks waiting on a rack to be installed. It’s not put on as it comes off the line.

Dmesser92

Big Bend
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4 DLX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Seems only natural that UAW would target the Bronco plant. With everything else that has plagued Bronco production since the beginning. Maybe if I’m lucky I’ll get a 2025 Bronco?

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My Blend Date was July 17th for my 2-door Bronco Wildtrak. Per Ford's Marketing Team the vehicle has been built but parked at their Michigan Assembly Plant for the last 27 days waiting for shipment via rail to California. The Teamsters who ship for the Big 3 won't cross the picket line. No one at Ford can explain why the Bronco has been sitting for 27 days and not shipped.
It's been over 9 weeks from my blend date (7/12) and my Bronco still hasn't shipped either. :mad:

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes.

The other vehicles hit are the Chevy Colorado and Jeep. Off roaders hit VERY hard here.

It does seem like it would be much harder hitting to get the Cleveland Engine Plant where all of the Ecoboost engines are made. That shuts down F-150, Bronco, Mustang, etc., etc. Are they being soft/gracious???
Thats exactly what I was thinking, they would pick an engine plant. Picking MAP makes no sense. Ford has many storage lots still filled with 1/2 built Bronco's now. All thats been coming out of the plant is a trickle of Bronco's that are completely built..

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the link
The clock has started, as a supplier we will continue production until our inventory levels are caught up - yes we are still experiencing supply chain issues. Once inventory is good I guess we wait until the UAW decides the rest of us can go back to work

Sponsored

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My dealer in Aug said my 24 Heritage would be delivered in March, I laughed at him....

Just hope it is by Aug 24.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really don't support either side, Union or Right to Work, both have pros/cons, but you can't blanket Union as covering lazy workers and promoting bad quality, yes, a bad worker will cause the issues but proper leadership and management trump a bad worker anytime!

Where I work we have a Union, I'm a Supervisor so I'm exempt but it's never stopped me from properly disciplining a worker for poor work. Now there are extra steps and these take out of my day but if I ignore it then I'm the lazy manager that condones lazy workers and the good workers ultimately either become lazy or leave.

Pull the UAW agreement and do some reading and see the steps/procedures, there's plenty on both sides to protect the company and the good workers as well as the methods to address lazy employees (but not lazy management).
The problem is the union is holding the industry hostage. That is an unfair practice.

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unusual strategy. The KTP or Dearborn truck plants would have a much larger financial impact to ford.
I agree our Bronco was built at the Dearborn plant.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For everyone's sake, I hope the parties can quickly move to an agreement.

The Teamsters have said they will stand with the UAW and not cross picket lines if UAW strikes. I would expect this to have an impact on vehicles shipping from MAP.

Unfortunately for me, my Bronco has been built and 'released to carrier' (per Ford Marketing phone call today), but does not appear to have been assigned to a rail car, so I'm probably out of luck...my original reservation date was 7/5/21...thought I was about to get my Bronco, but now I'm left hanging.

I'd appreciate it if anyone has any additional insight into whether or not there is a chance I might still get my vehicle while the UAW is on strike at MAP.
If your vehicle isn't at the dealership you won't get your vehicle until the strike is over unless they
I agree our Bronco was built at the Dearborn plant.
Dearborn plant only builds F150s. Wayne assembly builds Rangers and Broncos.
Sponsored