Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just got a pair of billet UCAs from RPG Offroad. They came unassembled and no instructions so I wanted to get some forum wisdom before I take the Bronco apart.

1. How is OEM camber adjustment made? There don't appear to be camber adjustment nuts anywhere. And the steel ones are one piece construction.
2. It looks like the camber adjustment is done by twisting the rod ends in and tightening the jam nut. If I need to adjust camber by taking the whole UCA arm off to undo the tie rod a few turns that's seems like a real PITA. Are there any tricks for getting it as close as possible on the first pass?
3. What places need anti seize? I'm thinking definitely between the uniball bearing and billet arm. Also possibly on the two tie rods?

I've also reached out to RPG since they don't have any instructions on their website. Maybe because it's such a simple job and I'm just over thinking it. I'll post back here with any response.

Ford Bronco UCA upgrade and camber adjustment? PXL_20211229_030036295

Ford Bronco UCA upgrade and camber adjustment? PXL_20211229_030043308
Sponsored

Nickl16

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Toyota 4runner and 14 Mercedes E63s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I haven't gotten my Bronco yet this information will be based on my experience with my lifted 4runner.

1. Camber adjustment is made via the LCA.

2. Camber and Caster adjustments can be made via the new UCA. If you move both rod ends at the same you will adjust Camber. If you move one not the other you will adjust caster. You may need to wait for RPG to get back to you on any tips for setup. You can always set one on top of the other to try to compare but you will likely be able to at least get it jn the ballpark.

3. Anti-seeze is needed anywhere steel is threaded into Aluminum generally.

OP
OP
Gangstead

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You're right the camber must be adjustable some how because I got it aligned at the dealer after putting in the 2" spacer lift (which I'm preparing to replace with 4WP coilovers and the above pictured UCAs). It was pretty bad after installing the spacers and the dealer fixed it all up.

Interesting note that the rear axle isn't adjustable.
Ford Bronco UCA upgrade and camber adjustment? PXL_20211230_041624757

OP
OP
Gangstead

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. Camber adjustment is made via the LCA.
You're right! Found a video explaining LCA camber/caster adjustment with the eccentric washers:

I noticed those when putting the first lift in, but didn't realize that's what they're for. I had loosened them on the driver side to get the old shock out. No wonder the camber was so far off. The other side I used spring compressors and that made it so much easier.
Sponsored