Bravo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is this piece called and where can I find a pair (sell, swap or part #)? It seems to be present only on the steel rear bumper that comes with a factory SAS Badlands but may appear on other models too. Any help in locating these would be appreciated!

57EF02F4-F46A-484B-B52A-1999ED7407F2.jpeg
Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Swapped mine to standard. Hated the wing.

Ford Bronco UFO (Unidentified Flap Object) - Badlands Sasquatch Rear Bumper Cap 166E014C-7BAD-40C2-9054-A5CB78EA2CE4

Ford Bronco UFO (Unidentified Flap Object) - Badlands Sasquatch Rear Bumper Cap 9EB82716-4251-46EC-ABA2-C0200A812A82

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

QuesoBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Black Diamond, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What is this piece called and where can I find a pair (sell, swap or part #)? It seems to be present only on the steel rear bumper that comes with a factory SAS Badlands but may appear on other models too. Any help in locating these would be appreciated!

Ford Bronco UFO (Unidentified Flap Object) - Badlands Sasquatch Rear Bumper Cap 9EB82716-4251-46EC-ABA2-C0200A812A82
Did you ever purchase a pair and install them? I'm looking to do the same thing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NJBadlander

NJBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Bravo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I purchased them through Tasca parts — cheaper and quicker than through Ford dealership parts. But I am total stuck on how to swap out the old ones. There are some visible clips holding in the existing cap but there is also a hidden larger spike clip under the top of the bumper plastic that i cannot shake loose. I am afraid i may break something. If anyone knows how to do this please share…

QuesoBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, I purchased them through Tasca parts — cheaper and quicker than through Ford dealership parts. But I am total stuck on how to swap out the old ones. There are some visible clips holding in the existing cap but there is also a hidden larger spike clip under the top of the bumper plastic that i cannot shake loose. I am afraid i may break something. If anyone knows how to do this please share…
Pics of the replacement ones? Does it have the same clips attached. Would breaking/cutting the clip matter if the old part has it? Sorry I've not seen the actual part since all diagrams are vague as you know lol

Edit - Parts now ordered but I received an email saying it was a special order item that could take awhile.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NJBadlander

NJBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Bravo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s a pic of what you get. The gray/white clips are what was in the existing cap and do not come with the new cap.

Also the parts supplier will send that message but they should ship in a week.

let me know if you figure out how to swap them.

54683E84-69CC-4B97-BFF5-211CA80E196D.jpeg

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Following up because I also want to replace my bumper end caps. Can you give me a link to purchase these puppies? Much appreciated!

QuesoBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Following up because I also want to replace my bumper end caps. Can you give me a link to purchase these puppies? Much appreciated!

I shopped around but they all seemed to have about the same price by the time you factored shipping or taxes in from site to site. The part numbers with "da" and "db" are the ones for the steel rear bumpers.

I've not replaced mine yet since mine is in the shop with a/c issues.

Screenshot_20230210-014626_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I shopped around but they all seemed to have about the same price by the time you factored shipping or taxes in from site to site. The part numbers with "da" and "db" are the ones for the steel rear bumpers.

I've not replaced mine yet since mine is in the shop with a/c issues.
Thanks for the info! I butchered my end caps and want to replace them. Not too concerned about the price. I just want them. And I guess I'll need to get replacement clips, too since the originals probably have to be broken to be removed.

OP
OP
NJBadlander

NJBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Bravo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The grayish/white clips come out easy. It’s the clip that you can’t see on the top side of the bumper that I have yet to figure out. If someone knows or has done this successfully please share tips, tricks or pics. I still have not swapped mine yet.

QuesoBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The grayish/white clips come out easy. It’s the clip that you can’t see on the top side of the bumper that I have yet to figure out. If someone knows or has done this successfully please share tips, tricks or pics. I still have not swapped mine yet.
If I get mine back anytime soon I have a feeling I'm going to break something forcing it apart. Someone in a FB group said they had to pry it up and it came out. Without ever getting the chance to look I'm still clueless on that.

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just removed our bumper caps 30 minutes ago.

There's three white clips that have tabs, you have to press down on the tab and slide the white clip out, they will come completely out. I used two long flat blade screw drivers to do that, it's very easy.

Now the more interesting part is you have to release three clips on each side of the top bumper cap to get the end caps out at the top, the top tab on the end cap lifts straight up, but there's a clip in the bumper cap that goes down through the end cap and will hold it in.

I used a combination of a long pair of needle nose pliers and a long flat blade screw driver to release the top cap clips. You have to put some pressure upward on the edge of the top cap while pushing in on each side of the black clips, I found if you start on the bumper cap end and work toward the back it's easier. There's two clips closest to the cap end that are right next to each other, I released the wire harness clip on each side to see them better. the third clip on each side is back where the bumper starts to turn toward the spare tire.

Ford Bronco UFO (Unidentified Flap Object) - Badlands Sasquatch Rear Bumper Cap tNFwTM8

Ford Bronco UFO (Unidentified Flap Object) - Badlands Sasquatch Rear Bumper Cap Nh1OmoU

Ford Bronco UFO (Unidentified Flap Object) - Badlands Sasquatch Rear Bumper Cap 0TC7nOn

Ford Bronco UFO (Unidentified Flap Object) - Badlands Sasquatch Rear Bumper Cap QU88Xbx

Ford Bronco UFO (Unidentified Flap Object) - Badlands Sasquatch Rear Bumper Cap WU1FVaI

Last edited: