Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I put it in 4h to get my Utility trailer out. ( I didn’t want to risk tearing up the grass.)
when done I pulled off the grass turned slightly to get back into a parking spot and I hear this clicking sound. No binding feeling or any of that. Only other time I’ve used 4wd was is slippery mode during the winter. So for those of you that have had CV issues is this what you heard? I have stock suspension no lift or anything.
Dang I didn’t even finish posting and got a call back from my dealer to look at it Friday.

UPDATE!
No good news here they listened looked and said it doesn’t appear to be the cv joints and they will have to disassemble the front differential and look for what the actual problem is. 😢😢. Said I’ll be without the bronco a minimum of two weeks depending on parts probably longer as they will not disassemble the reassemble it broken. Will have to wait on parts to reassemble a repaired vehicle I get that. Just kinda sucks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
ughhh that is not a healthy sound. Sorry you are dealing with that. no issues on my end

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I guess I better check lug nuts before I go any farther😳.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I recall some postings a few months ago on issues with CV joints. You might dig around to see if any valuable info in those posts.
I’m taking it in Friday for the dealer to check out they already called back and confirmed the time. Just wondering if that’s the sound others have heard before complete failure.