Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Morning all!
I have the factory wiring installed and am looking at hitches. uHual claims to have a 4500lb and 3500lb rated hitch. But has anyone seen them? Or installed them? How to they compare to the OEM for wire management, fit, etc...?
Sponsored

Br0nc0_Steve

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Sport SuperCrew, 2009 F150 STX Reg Cab
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don’t have a Uhaul hitch on the Bronco, but I have had 2 of them on previous F150s. I didn’t have any issues with the fit/finish of either one. I would assume it could vary based on who is installing it though. Both of mine were installed well. In one of those trucks, I was rear-ended a couple of times and there was no damage to the hitch or my truck.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Our Uhaul hitch on our 2016 transit is 100% rusted out on all angles. Never again.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are several hitch choices out there. You say you already have the wiring but no hitch?

The standard ones, are super easy to install. The only flaw with them as they both to the crossmember that is not as strong as the rest of the frame.

So if you find a hitch that spans across and bolts to the frame, I would go with that one. But otherwise just get the normal hitch They can be purchased for less than $100 and install it yourself.

DocFuller

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to work for U-Haul and they buy the majority of their hitches from Curt. They’re generally pretty solid quality but the weight rating is for the hitch not the vehicle you still want to follow manufacturer recommendations when it comes to towing and payload and such.

It’s not going to be any easier or difficult to install, the wiring they offer as a generic 4 way will just tap into the brake lights and may come with a power wire that needs to be run to the battery depending on

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Morning all!
I have the factory wiring installed and am looking at hitches. uHual claims to have a 4500lb and 3500lb rated hitch. But has anyone seen them? Or installed them? How to they compare to the OEM for wire management, fit, etc...?
The 4500lb is draw tite. Doesn't allow for you to tow that much since your truck isn't rated for it. But it has an extended tube that clears the spare. You might whack your knee on it though. The 3500lb one is Curt which is most like OEM.

https://www.draw-tite.com/product/76527_class-iii-trailer-hitch
https://www.curtmfg.com/part/13493
Sponsored