Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright... 2023MY time!

If any of this is wrong please let me know ASAP. I don't want to add to the confusion.

I want to stress that the information in this post is
only valid for those taking delivery on a 2023MY Bronco, and is NOT valid for 2022MY Broncos nor will it be valid for a 2024MY Bronco.

ARE YOU TAKING DELIVERY OF A 2022MY?
You're in the wrong place. Check out the 2022MY Price Protection Thread.

ARE YOU TAKING DELIVERY OF A 2024MY?
You're in the wrong spot. Check out the 2024MY Price Protection Thread.

IMPORTANT JULY 26TH, 2023 UPDATES

Ford implemented yet another (and hopefully last) price increase for the 2023MY Bronco on July 26th, 2023 (LINK). These price increases, combined with the Job 2 changes and existing February 10th, 2023 price increases, the March 15th, 2023 price increases, and the April 6th, 2023 price increases, has dramatically increased the complexity of price protection for 2023MY units, especially when combined with the $2500 order transition offer that was introduced in mid-January 2023.

Due to the mid-year price increases, there is now two forms of price protection:
  • Model Year Transition Private Offer - This price protection is delivered via private offer certificates in Smart VINCENT under Pgm #38644. It is design to protect price increases for those who have been bumped from the 2021/2022 model years to the 2023 model year.
    • Your price protection amount is determined by what you had on order as as of September 9th, 2022.
    • You and/or your dealer may decide to apply this certificate to the final selling of the Bronco, or may wait to receive a check from Ford.
  • Retail Price Protection - This price protection is automatic across all retail-ordered Ford vehicles, and is designed to protect you from any mid-year (within the 2023 model year) price increases Ford implements.
    • Feb 10th, 2023
      • This protection is available to anyone who had an 2023MY order placed prior to February 10th, 2023.
      • The amount is based on what you had on order as of February 9th, 2023.
      • If you change (or already changed) your order after this date, you may lose this protection if your body code changes. More information on that below.
    • Mar 15th, 2023
      • This protection is available to anyone who had an 2023MY order placed prior to March 15th, 2023.
      • The amount is based on what you had on order as of March 14th, 2023.
      • If you change (or already changed) your order after this date, you may lose this protection if your body code changes. More information on that below.
    • Apr 10th, 2023
      • This protection is available to anyone who had an 2023MY order placed prior to April 10th, 2023.
      • The amount is based on what you had on order as of April 9th, 2023.
    • June 30th, 2023
      • This protection is available to anyone who had an 2023MY order placed prior to June 30th, 2023.
      • The amount is based on what you had on order as of June 29th, 2023.
    • July 26th, 2023
      • This protection is available to anyone who had an 2023MY order placed prior to July 26th, 2023
      • The amount is based on what you had on order as of July 25th, 2023
  • If you qualify for one or both of these price protections your dealer should take the amounts off the final selling price of the vehicle. However, some dealers have opted to wait until they are reimbursed by Ford before providing this price protection. Either way, you will NOT receive a check from Ford for Retail Price Protection, it comes from your dealer.
JOB 2 PRICE PROTECTION

This price protection accounts for the Job 2 production changes made by Ford. The amount and type of price protection is dependent on which trim you ordered:
  • Base / Big Bend
    • This only applies to order holders who originally ordered cloth seats and had their order changed to vinyl due to the Job 2 changes.
    • It is only applicable to order holders who originally ordered prior to May 15th, 2023.
    • The price protection come in the form of retail price protection directly from your dealer, similar to other mid-year price increases.
  • Outer Banks / Wildtrak
    • This only applies to order holders who originally ordered cloth seats and had their order changed to leather due to the Job 2 changes.
    • It is only applicable to order holders who originally ordered prior to March 27th, 2023.
    • This comes in the form of a private offer certificate in Smart VINCENT, similar to the model year transition private offer.
  • All other trims
    • Not applicable
WINDOW STICKER INVOICE DATE INFO

The window sticker invoice date is effectively the date the assembly plant receives the order for scheduling. It is usually the same date the window sticker is generated—roughly a week before your scheduled build date. This date determines the price level of the vehicle, and therefore your eligibility for retail price protection.

Ford Bronco Ultimate 2023MY PRICE PROTECTION Flowchart 1678888932104

For example, say a window sticker for a particular vehicle is generated and has an invoice date of February 2nd, with a build date of February 13th. Because that vehicle was invoiced by the assembly plant prior to the February 10th price increases, it will still have the original 2023MY pricing even though it was built after February 10th. In this example, the customer is not eligible for retail price protection, because there is nothing to protect.

BODY CODE BREAKDOWN

Body code is is a 3-character code used in Ford's ordering system. If you modify your order and change your body code, you will likely lose your Retail Price Protection. (You will not, however, lose your Model Year Transition Private Offer.)

On most Ford vehicles, the body code is roughly equivalent to trim level. On the Bronco, it is more complicated, as there are multiple possible body codes for each trim level. In general, you may trigger a body code change by changing any of the following:
  • Trim level
  • Number of doors
  • 4x4 transfer case
  • Equipment package
The Bronco's Body Codes are listed below:
  • E5A - 2-door, part-time selectable 4x4 (multiple trims)
  • E5B - 4-door, part-time selectable 4x4 (multiple trims)
  • E5C - 2-door, advanced 4x4 (multiple trims)
  • E5D - 4-door, advanced 4x4 (multiple trims)
  • E5E - 4-door First Edition
  • E5F - 2-door First Edition
  • E5J - 4-door Raptor
  • E4C - 2-door Heritage
  • E4D - 4-door Heritage
  • E4E - 2-door Heritage Limited
  • E4G - 4-door Heritage Limited
Your current body code can be found at the top of your order summary sheet:

Ford Bronco Ultimate 2023MY PRICE PROTECTION Flowchart 1681239108380

Again, if your body code changes, you will likely lose retail price protection.

Below are some examples of body code changes, which likely will cause you to lose Retail Price Protection. This is NOT a complete exhaustive list.
  • Removing the Sasquatch package from Base or Big Bend
  • Switching Wildtrak to Big Bend
  • Switching from Part-Time Selectable 4x4 to the Advanced 4x4 transfer case on Outer Banks
  • Switching from Big Bend to Heritage
  • Switching from 2-door to 4-door
And below are some examples of changes that do not change your body code. Again, this is not a complete list.
  • Switching from Wildtrak to Badlands
  • Removing the Sasquatch package from your Black Diamond order, but retaining the Advanced 4x4 option
  • Removing the Sasquatch package from your Badlands
  • Changing from the 2.3L engine to the 2.7L engine

FLOWCHART & PRICE TABLE

NOTE: The flowchart and price table below will provide you the price protection amount based on the window sticker price.

Ford Bronco Ultimate 2023MY PRICE PROTECTION Flowchart 1690582901464

NOTE: The flowchart below has become so large I have effectively overwhelmed the forum software, and I can no longer upload the full resolution image. Should you have trouble reading the flowchart below:

LINK TO FULL RESOLUTION VERSION

Ford Bronco Ultimate 2023MY PRICE PROTECTION Flowchart 1690582713710

If you would like more information on this... here are a few resources:
Sponsored

Last edited:

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for the great writeup again. I have a question about the March 19th cutoff date in case someone could help.

I had originally reserved a Bronco before March 19th, but I wasn't a fan of that dealership so I tried switching my reservation on March 19th to a different dealership by contacting Ford support. However, it was too late in the day and they had already closed, so I created a new reservation on March 20th with the new dealership and later cancelled my first reservation.

Would my first reservation count as my "original" reservation, meaning I would get the Group A price protection? Or am I stuck with the Group B reservation because of what happened? Is this something that Ford support might be able to help with (in terms of getting the Group A price protection)?

Thanks in advance.

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is very helpful! Thank you!

One question on the statement below. Does this mean that if you reserved a Badlands before Sept 9 2022 the reservation holder will receive $3,220 no matter what model they end up with in 2023?

"it does not matter what you order for 2023MY, your price protection amount will remain the same regardless of what you order for 2023MY."

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the great writeup again. I have a question about the March 19th cutoff date in case someone could help.

I had originally reserved a Bronco before March 19th, but I wasn't a fan of that dealership so I tried switching my reservation on March 19th to a different dealership by contacting Ford support. However, it was too late in the day and they had already closed, so I created a new reservation on March 20th with the new dealership and later cancelled my first reservation.

Would my first reservation count as my "original" reservation, meaning I would get the Group A price protection? Or am I stuck with the Group B reservation because of what happened? Is this something that Ford support might be able to help with (in terms of getting the Group A price protection)?

Thanks in advance.
I don't know for sure, because I don't know the internals of the reservation system but my hunch says you'll be stuck in group 2.

This is very helpful! Thank you!

One question on the statement below. Does this mean that if you reserved a Badlands before Sept 9 2022 the reservation holder will receive $3,220 no matter what model they end up with in 2023?

"it does not matter what you order for 2023MY, your price protection amount will remain the same regardless of what you order for 2023MY."
Correct.

So if you had a Badlands on order Sept 9th, 2022 and you switched to a... say... Heritage... your price protection amount stays the same.

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't know for sure, because I don't know the internals of the reservation system but my hunch says you'll be stuck in group 2.

Correct.

So if you had a Badlands on order Sept 9th, 2022 and you switched to a... say... Heritage... your price protection amount stays the same.
Thank you!

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks! Been waiting for this. I assume if you changed (or plan to change) your order, you still lose Price Protection if you make a major change like Series or Package? Trim, Model, # of doors, engine size, Sas / No-Sas, Mid/High/Lux? Can you please post those stipulations? Thank you.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks for this, great news if I'm reading this right. I meet all the dates and had a BD that was 99d until I changed it to a standard HE this time around. So I get the full BD amount in column A taken off the HE?

Edit ... I see you already answered it, woohoo! Drinks all around!!!

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for this, great news if I'm reading this right. I meet all the dates and had a BD that was 99d until I changed it to a standard HE this time around. So I get the full BD amount in column A taken off the HE?

Edit ... I see you already answered it, woohoo! Drinks all around!!!
Yeah Ford already answered that question in their FAQ awhile ago.

Ford Bronco Ultimate 2023MY PRICE PROTECTION Flowchart 1667599338101

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, do we know if package changes strip price protection? And thanks to the OP. But honestly, why the fuck isn't FORD posting here or sending out an email on this to rez holders? After 800 days, can you not communicate with me?

It's sad that with $50-60K on the table FORD treats us this way. We get better reliance and info from each here on the board.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, do we know if package changes strip price protection? And thanks to the OP. But honestly, why the fuck isn't FORD posting here or sending out an email on this to rez holders? After 800 days, can you not communicate with me?
If you switch to Heritage Limited or Raptor you lose price protection. Otherwise you can change whatever you want.

IF Ford increases prices halfway through the model year like they did last year... then that will change. But for now you can change whatever.

Sponsored

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@RagnarKon
Thank you!! Very informative!!

My only.problem is... I had a reservation but NOT placed an order.. (I thought I had, dealer said I had never converted, which is okay) so with this scenario... I get PP on what I originally made reservation for, although I had never converted order?
Thanks I'll hang up and listen

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My only.problem is... I had a reservation but NOT placed an order.. (I thought I had, dealer said I had never converted, which is okay) so with this scenario... I get PP on what I originally made reservation for, although I had never converted order?
Correct.

When you made a reservation it had you select number of doors and your trim. That's what you'll get price protection for.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you switch to Heritage Limited or Raptor you lose price protection. Otherwise you can change whatever you want.

IF Ford increases prices halfway through the model year like they did last year... then that will change. But for now you can change whatever.
Thanks. So if I want to bump down from Lux to High I'm not screwing myself having waited 800+ days?

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. So if I want to bump down from Lux to High I'm not screwing myself having waited 800+ days?
You are correct. The exact words from text are:

"Changes to orders on or after September 9, 2022 will not impact Bronco Private Offer amounts."

If they do mid-year price increases like they did for 2022MY, then the rules will change a bit and it gets much more complicated. (Just compare the 2022MY flow chart to this flow chart.) But thus far they haven't announced any mid-year price increases.
Sponsored