Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The BB vs BD tire comparison is relatively equal. The BB comes with 32" P255/75R17 All-Terrain. The BD comes with 32" LT265/70R17 All-Terrain. The BB tire is a true 32" (1/2" taller than the BD), but is 1/2" narrower. The biggest difference is their construction as the BB tire is a passenger all-terrain. The BD tire is a light truck all terrain. Read More - P vs. LT tires
I wonder if it is possible to upgrade the tires directly through my dealer before delivery, just like the other dealer accessories? I would really consider that since I would be dropping a heavy down payment and the last thing i want to do is drop another $1500 on new tires.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder if it is possible to upgrade the tires directly through my dealer before delivery, just like the other dealer accessories? I would really consider that since I would be dropping a heavy down payment and the last thing i want to do is drop another $1500 on new tires.
Good question. I don't see why not as they are both readily stocked and shouldn't have a problem selling them. It would cost you (not an even swap) as the LT(s) are normally more expensive, but the BB tires even though they are "new" would still be considered used. Also, the speedo should be calibrated to reflect the change. There is a minimal difference between the 2, but still a difference. Compare for yourself.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish Ford would come out with a 33" mini Sasquatch package for all trims.
BAMMM! I just made a comment similar to that idea somewhere here!
Keep in mind , Ford's own guidance is no tires larger than 32's on the standard M190 axle....
...and by Ford's own marketing, BD should be a budget Badlands.

Therefore Black Diamond should be:

• Manual options 2 &4door*
  • M210 front*
  • make 33's an upcharge option??
  • standard (non-beadlocked) wheels
  • front locker at addional cost to keep cost down?
  • Other ideas ?????
*The first two would be a MINIMUM, but the overall goal would be keeping the cost down but keeping those expensive drive line parts.

I'm still a little unclear if ManSquatch will allow you to make a manual 4door when it is available....of if the B&P was not updated and a 4door manual will be available w or wo Squatch

I'm more about the hard drive line parts than the damm 35's, and I'd like heated seats or a winter package option.
So, for the heavier duty drive line and heated seats, it becomes about an ADDITIONAL 8 to 10k penalty to move up from a BaseManSquatch, which would lack only heated seats....yeah, I'll save the 10k and add the heat blankets under the seat cloth my self .

Last edited:
OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also know ppl seem to dislike the BB grill. But to me it's more the 90's style. And maybe bc I'm a 90's kid (graduated hs 98) but I like it. Reminds me of the broncos during my formidable years. Although I drove a Jimmy back then. GM missed an opportunity with bringing back the Blazer. Anyway. I digress.
Big bend grille is actually my favorite. I like the 6-slots the best out of the 3 versions, and the carbonized gray version to me is ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome thanks. My plan so far is non-sasquatched BD. Based on the looks, would love to through some bigger tires on it.

I’m not sure what else is needed to go bigger though. SOunds like a lift to get 35“s on it. And lifting 4X’s requires more parts than say, lowering Audis and VW’s.
That’s my whole issue I’m struggling with, I think I would want bigger tires on it.I would much rather just go Sasquatch and get the lift, tires, and everything in one go from the factory (and under warranty!) then worry about lifting later. But we’re talking a LOT of money at that point. Unless, I can put 33s on the BD and call it a day.

hence me starting this thread!!! We have had only about 5 pics of an actual full preproduction BD, and none are full shots. I want to know so I can see what the stance looks like! I wish BN or Ford would put some more out of the Area 51 one we have glimpses of.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

here is comparison between front and rear lights

1055D759-6BC9-4AAD-86C5-0A31DC9F2B30.jpeg

AA0DB07B-3FF6-4657-A1C1-D52A844DB667.jpeg

6D2D2A61-402C-4E64-AC8B-5108F4865EB1.png

D8C353AF-E6E7-434B-BA8A-6D900493F208.png
On the rear light housings they look the same, just the inside panel is different between LED and bulb, I could so switch those out with a screwdriver!

Reactions: RLW

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s my whole issue I’m struggling with, I think I would want bigger tires on it.I would much rather just go Sasquatch and get the lift, tires, and everything in one go from the factory (and under warranty!) then worry about lifting later. But we’re talking a LOT of money at that point. Unless, I can put 33s on the BD and call it a day.

hence me starting this thread!!! We have had only about 5 pics of an actual full preproduction BD, and none are full shots. I want to know so I can see what the stance looks like! I wish BN or Ford would put some more out of the Area 51 one we have glimpses of.
It is strange we haven’t seen more bd pics. It’s like Ford doesn’t want to show the stance.

OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is strange we haven’t seen more bd pics. It’s like Ford doesn’t want to show the stance.
possibly because they are trying to drive people up to the badlands? ??

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What’s the BD come with on the Steelies? 32”?

33” may be a good compromise with out any other mods?

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree with the plan of just adding 33" tires to the stock BD and calling it a day. I can build the exact one I want now with what is available on the BD. I need it to be a street driven DD for 95% of its life and be driven on fire roads and some back country trails when we can to go sightseeing and camping. Along with being a safe vehicle to tackle rough weather for my family going up to snowboard in the mountains in the winter.

I'm just concerned with the M190 issue up front...but I don't know if I should be for my use. I also just have this nagging thought in my head that its just not as good as badlands, so its compromising. I just wonder what the functional difference is in the suspension between the two and how much of a difference it makes. Position sensitive dampeners is one, but I'm wondering what else is different. Maybe longer springs with the shocks for slightly more lift? If I go with BD from the factory, I may just build my own Badlands when I can with Ford and aftermarket (Fox, etc.) components later. I don't know. Ugh.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with the plan of just adding 33" tires to the stock BD and calling it a day.

I'm just concerned with the M190 issue up front...but I don't know if I should be for my use.
Considering what the vehicle is designed for and what the marketing says the Black Diamond in particular is for... a buyer shouldn't have to worry about a 33 on their 40K "class leading offroad" rig .... Ford's own reps have stated the largest tire on a 190 should be a 32...

just my opinion and why I hold the beliefs I do as posted above.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Considering what the vehicle is designed for and what the marketing says the Black Diamond in particular is for... a buyer shouldn't have to worry about a 33 on their 40K "class leading offroad" rig .... Ford's own reps have stated the largest tire on a 190 should be a 32...

just my opinion and why I hold the beliefs I do as posted above.
Completely agree. Has there been any confirmation that the reps are saying that is the max tire size, or they could be saying that's the max tire size they are offering on that axle. I'm trying to be positive here. Lol.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I also know ppl seem to dislike the BB grill. But to me it's more the 90's style. And maybe bc I'm a 90's kid (graduated hs 98) but I like it. Reminds me of the broncos during my formidable years. Although I drove a Jimmy back then. GM missed an opportunity with bringing back the Blazer. Anyway. I digress.
I think it's the best grill for the MIC top match ... BL has the same color grill on the overlander models being shown all over ... looks clean! But also the blacked out Base grill to me is a good look on any trim ..

Techqua

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's really between that and basesquatch for me. I would be fine with 33s, those look great on the badlands 4 doors that have been shown. I just really want to see the ride height and what the wheel wells look like with the 32s before I make that decision. Other than these 3 pictures, I can't find anything of the black diamond!
Well I had another curve ball thrown my way today. We stopped and looked at some Wranglers on the lot today. One had 35 in tires. The other had the 33in KO2s. I was blown away by how big these 35s were. They were legit 35 in ones according to the specs where I know the squatch ones are 34.4. but holy cannoli, they were big. Those KO2s were really perfect on the Wrangler. Now I'm not sure if I should go squatch. But I want the wow factor whenever it arrives. Will I get that with the stock tires until I can add the KO2s?
Sponsored