Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Finally got my Black Diamond, and just in time for Florida weather!

BA968C5E-64F3-490A-A0CE-C66F80C5CBB6.jpeg
Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally got my Black Diamond, and just in time for Florida weather!

Ford Bronco Ultimate Black Diamond Non-Sasquatch pics thread BA968C5E-64F3-490A-A0CE-C66F80C5CBB6
God I love "steelies"! I fell in love with the BD because of the wheels! So sad I had to give them up when I had to move to the BL to get the Mid.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
ā€œHadā€

BD or bust.

atlbrvefn

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

God I love "steelies"! I fell in love with the BD because of the wheels! So sad I had to give them up when I had to move to the BL to get the Mid.
People are selling the steelies for cheap and they will take the BL tires. But you can get the mid with the BD! You can't get the high or lux though.

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
People are selling the steelies for cheap and they will take the BL tires. But you can get the mid with the BD! You can't get the high or lux though.
If you want the mid package with the manual (YAY) you need to go Badlands. If you want the mid package with the automatic (BOO) you can go with the BD...

That was my dilemma - Badlands is out of my price range, so I chose the manual over the mid package on my BD. I'm only 30 years old and still energetic with two good knees, so I'm no ready to give up on enjoying my three-pedal driving just yet.

Sponsored

atlbrvefn

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you want the mid package with the manual (YAY) you need to go Badlands. If you want the mid package with the automatic (BOO) you can go with the BD...

That was my dilemma - Badlands is out of my price range, so I chose the manual over the mid package on my BD. I'm only 30 years old and still energetic with two good knees, so I'm no ready to give up on enjoying my three-pedal driving just yet.
I was actually not aware of this. What a crazy option clusterfuck.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can't get the mid on the BD with a manual. That is why I had to change from BD to BL

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ā€œHadā€

BD or bust.
It was a painful decision, believe me. Ford not offering Mid with a manual on BD is total fubar. They actually lost money on me. I was going to go SAS with BD and Mid. So now going BL with Mid and no SAS. so they lost several $K from me in the process.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It was a painful decision, believe me. Ford not offering Mid with a manual on BD is total fubar. They actually lost money on me. I was going to go SAS with BD and Mid. So now going BL with Mid and no SAS. so they lost several $K from me in the process.
They lost money on me, too. I would have been willing to drop extra on the mid package, maybe even the high package, but not pay an extra 10k to get those on the Badlands just to keep my manual.

So Ford screwed themselves out of an extra several thousand dollars from a lot of people.šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is one of my favorite pictures of the non-Sas BD. It's exactly how my build will look when I take delivery in 10'ish weeks. I even have the hood sticker on order.

Ford Bronco Ultimate Black Diamond Non-Sasquatch pics thread BA968C5E-64F3-490A-A0CE-C66F80C5CBB6
Where did you order the Hood Vinyl? Im debating doing the same.

Sponsored

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

projectrally

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 RF / Factory Five 818 / 2018 CX-5 GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i had the same dilemma. I ordered my BD with a 7mt but really wanted mid package for comfort. I didnā€™t want a Badlandsā€¦the off-road kit is more extreme than my use case for the truck. Plus, I just like the BD better from a looks perspective. The steelies are perfect. So is the grille and classic looking headlights. Iā€˜m sure Iā€™m in the minority, but I donā€™t like the way the LED Signature lights look. I wrestled with the decision a lot. Really wanting the manual AND the mid package, but didnā€™t want to move to any other trim level. BD is just perfect for me. In the end, the comfort won out. I switched to an auto, but consoled myself by also adding the 2.7L. I got the truck last Friday And immediately took the family on a 320 mile adventure. I made the right choice getting Mid.

A few phone snaps from the weekendā€¦

Ford Bronco Ultimate Black Diamond Non-Sasquatch pics thread 3DC1934B-0D4E-488C-92C4-A4E94D77336E

(My 2019 ND Miata is a manual, so I still get to shift for myself)

Ford Bronco Ultimate Black Diamond Non-Sasquatch pics thread 4CCFE91D-2214-47B2-B6ED-EB5763FE8E08

Ford Bronco Ultimate Black Diamond Non-Sasquatch pics thread 0847B05B-421A-4016-9FCC-0C6D4C5E7FB4

Ford Bronco Ultimate Black Diamond Non-Sasquatch pics thread FB40860A-1A4E-43FC-802F-4759F8399CC9

Ford Bronco Ultimate Black Diamond Non-Sasquatch pics thread D31A79D9-FB90-40DE-8B8B-CF84AAF7D47B

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i had the same dilemma. I ordered my BD with a 7mt but really wanted mid package for comfort. I didnā€™t want a Badlandsā€¦the off-road kit is more extreme than my use case for the truck. Plus, I just like the BD better from a looks perspective. The steelies are perfect. So is the grille and classic looking headlights. Iā€˜m sure Iā€™m in the minority, but I donā€™t like the way the LED Signature lights look. I wrestled with the decision a lot. Really wanting the manual AND the mid package, but didnā€™t want to move to any other trim level. BD is just perfect for me. In the end, the comfort won out. I switched to an auto, but consoled myself by also adding the 2.7L. I got the truck last Friday And immediately took the family on a 320 mile adventure. I made the right choice getting Mid.
I could not give up the manual. Just couldn't do it. And couldn't give up Mid either. Had no choice but to go BL.

The front diff and upgraded axle isn't what grinds my gears, it is the disconnecting stabilizer bar. I just don't believe that it won't be a weak point in reliability. That kinda stuff usually is. But hopefully if I never use it, it will never go bad... I don't think I will ever go rock crawling, but I will be driving over nasty county roads to get to good fishing and hunting spots. Probably will never fully appreciate the suspension benefits of the BL over the BD, but I will have heated seats and a 3rd pedal on the floor...

Last edited: