Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello All,

After lurking on here for quite some time, I decided yesterday to finally put in an order with my local dealership on a Base 2.7L Sasquatch model. This morning I got a call back from the dealer saying that I'd only be able to order a 2.3L with Soft Top and that Ford wasn't taking any orders otherwise. Has anyone heard of this at all? The dealership I'm trying to go through is a smaller family owned operation (and I'd like to go through them), but this seemed like nonsense to me.

I certainly am willing to wait a year+ for this, but to be told that they couldn't even put in an order seemed odd. There was no run-around, I was just told that I couldn't place my order with the 2.7L/Hard Top spec, end of story. Trying to decide if there's any coaxing I can do at the dealership to convince them otherwise (maybe they were misinformed) to at least get some kind of order in, or if it might be better to go through a higher volume dealer.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These are both constraints this week.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds like a computer problem. Did you try build and price?

OP
OP

Double J

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gotchya - what would be the best idea going forward? Trying to check in with the dealer every few weeks? Or is there a place on the forum here to monitor what options are constraints? The 2.7L and Sasquatch are must-haves for me so I can wait however long I need to :)

OP
OP

Double J

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds like a computer problem. Did you try build and price?
Yes, build and price seemed to work just fine with a proper MSRP and it letting me add all the options I wanted. I knew there were issues when adding the 4DR Sasquatch package the last week or so.

Sponsored

DavidL

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911, Maserati Granturiso MC
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My local WA state dealer said the same thing regarding currently ordering a 2.7l engine. You can't order it currently. They have turned away several orders this week. It still works on the online configurer, but the dealers can't enter it into the reservation system due to commodity constraints. No info on when 2.7l engine orders will be accepted. They are accepting 2.3l orders.

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s a weird one as I just placed another order yesterday. 2 door, big bend, Sasquatch, 2.7 and a few other things. No reservation, no problem. Order went through and I get my confirmation email a few minutes after I placed the order.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, build and price seemed to work just fine with a proper MSRP and it letting me add all the options I wanted. I knew there were issues when adding the 4DR Sasquatch package the last week or so.
Your dealer might be trying to get an easy build to add markup to it you can order a 2.7 your dealer is full of shit the 2.7 will prob take longer to get but you can order it. Maybe one of the dealer members on hear can chime in

heybenji

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
volkswagon atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the same story from my dealer, Matt Bowers Ford, about 2 weeks ago.

I had the same order; 2.7, 4 door, badlands sasquatch. Same response, they can't currently order the 2.7 in a 4 door.

Would love to know if there is a place we can track the status of when those orders can resume.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of reports of this and similar issues. Up in the air whether this is a WBDO glitch or Ford trying to not pour more kerosene on the backlog fire.

Both seem plausible to me.

Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t know about today but there were numerous posts in mid November with screenshots of the dealer order software where 2.7 option was grayed out for NEW orders, but it was allowed when changing orders. But it sounds like docindahouze was able to place an order yesterday so 🤷 maybe your dealer has recently seen the option disabled in their software and is making an assumption that it’s still disabled?

DA JUICE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Wheels, 3 pedals, goes forward
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just wanted to say that I placed an order for a 4-door, Hard Top. 2.7 SAS TODAY. So it's definitely possible.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just wanted to say that I placed an order for a 4-door, Hard Top. 2.7 SAS TODAY. So it's definitely possible.
When I was in my local dealer earlier this week updating my order a couple came looking for a Bronco. They were talking to the sales manager who happened to be standing at the desk. He explained all the Broncos they saw on the site are auto populated customer orders, he then encouraged them to go home and use fords website to build a Bronco however they’d like, bring the build in and they’d order it for them. I know this is “my dealer said” however both he and my salesman who is their bronco guy have seemed quite knowledgeable so far, I’d think if they were unable to build certain ways he would’ve told them. He also told them to expect 2-6 months based on their build, this dealer is definitely the largest my area which may factor into it

OP
OP

Double J

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks everyone for the replies so far! Good to know that while others have had similar issues, at least getting an order in sounds possible. I'll check back with my dealer this next week and see if they're at least able to give it another try.
Sponsored