First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford is not telling dealers to charge ADM, I bought my Bronco for sticker.
of course they arent... they cant tell dealers NOT to charge ADM either. They can discourage it, explain why it might be bad business. But at the end of the day it is MSRP for a reason.
Sponsored

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands, 2013 Shelby, 1965 fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its F-150 lightnings, not Broncos.
Same difference, from what I read they have increased intended production on them twice to something like 180,000. I may be wrong but that would mean 15k a month so even more than the broncos

BradyS

Wildtrak
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford is going to start a program with dealerships that stops people from reselling their vehicle. So in other words, Ford is saying dealerships that screw over customers by tacking on astronomical ADM ($30K) are perfectly fine, but if you want/need to sell your recently acquired Ford vehicle, you are unable. Canā€™t wait for us to purchase cars directly from the manufacturer and not these stealerships!

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/ford-f-150-lightning-customers-reselling-trucks-scalpers/

The part that is missing is that Ford is providing the legal language to dealers to use if they CHOOSE to make this part of the purchase agreement. Not every dealer will do it and yes, Ford has strongly suggested that dealers be fair with pricing on the Lightning. They have also come out and said they are investigating how to enforce restrictions on dealers that are demanding additional deposits for Bronco, Lightning, etc and for those that are unfairly pricing vehicles with reservations holders. While Ford can't tell a dealer what to charge, they sure can make it uncomfortable with future allocations if they find someone to be treating customers poorly.

By the way, I'm the GM of a Ford dealer and know Ford is doing what it can to try to make things work. It's a tough road out there with supplier issues, transportation and anything else that has come along.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The automobile business is experiencing a variation of the ongoing battle between the internet and brick and mortar sales. Many customers, myself included, would be happy to complete my entire auto buying transaction online. The only trip to the dealership would be to pick up the vehicle. Ford has already announced that they want to transition to a primarily ordered vehicle system. Iā€™ve been surveyed by Ford recently, about how comfortable Iā€™d be with completing my purchase totally online. The current business model is going to go the way of the ICE.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's not a ban, it's a 1 year agreement... and I'm all for it, at least Bring a Trailer won't be flooded with 50 mile Lightnings for at least a year :p

Now that I have that out of the way, ADM fees are BS and Ford needs to do something about it.
Yes ā€¦ f all scalpers and flippers. If you donā€™t like it but your car from some else.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The part that is missing is that Ford is providing the legal language to dealers to use if they CHOOSE to make this part of the purchase agreement. Not every dealer will do it and yes, Ford has strongly suggested that dealers be fair with pricing on the Lightning. They have also come out and said they are investigating how to enforce restrictions on dealers that are demanding additional deposits for Bronco, Lightning, etc and for those that are unfairly pricing vehicles with reservations holders. While Ford can't tell a dealer what to charge, they sure can make it uncomfortable with future allocations if they find someone to be treating customers poorly.

By the way, I'm the GM of a Ford dealer and know Ford is doing what it can to try to make things work. It's a tough road out there with supplier issues, transportation and anything else that has come along.
I think we all get that part, itā€™s the lack of sticking with the reservation order that chaps.

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is going to start a program with dealerships that stops people from reselling their vehicle. So in other words, Ford is saying dealerships that screw over customers by tacking on astronomical ADM ($30K) are perfectly fine, but if you want/need to sell your recently acquired Ford vehicle, you are unable. Canā€™t wait for us to purchase cars directly from the manufacturer and not these stealerships!

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/ford-f-150-lightning-customers-reselling-trucks-scalpers/
"If Dealers Opt In"

If you don't want it, don't buy it.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't agree with it at all. It is my property, and my right to sell as I please. Limit number of reservations to people if you have to.

If I am 3 months in and lose my job and now can't make payments, should I be tied to a vehicle I can't afford?

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you complaining because you were hoping to turn around and sell your Bronco the day after you buy it .

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Telling me I "can't" sell something I own..... WTAF!?!
How about go F yourself Dealer/Ford/ anyone that wants to restrict a private party from selling their personal property. šŸ¤¬
Sponsored