Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did my first real off-road day with my 6 week old Bronco at the Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area in PA coal country. Me and 4 Jeeps hit a bunch of green trails.

The Bronco is amazing and performed well throughout the day. However, there were a half dozen times when I experienced an uncommanded acceleration.

I have a Black Diamond 2.7 Auto, 2D, SASQ, MID Bronco.

While running through the woods on mild rock trails (softball or smaller sized rough mining debris with the occasional slab to set a wheel on) in 4L and in D (not M1 or M2) at just a couple MPH, I would let off the accelerator to let the engine slow me down, and it felt like I had hit the gas pedal. Enough so that I quickly stabbed the brake pedal to stop it.

Has anyone else experienced this? I feel like it is controllable but is a bit of a surprise when it happens.
Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You didnā€™t hit the trail cruise button did you? It will keep you going.

OP
OP
Fly2Win

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, That was off. Good question, though. That was the first thing I checked.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My bronco doesn't do it, but my f250 does when in 4L first gear headed downhill. It seems like it's trying to burn off fuel loading up on a steep down grade. It actually will go slower downhill in second M mode.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe it shifted up a gear or two on you? Which GOAT mode were you in?
I've been using M&R and RC modes to take advantage of transmission/throttle/steering tuning you can't set manually. I could see the transmission up-shifting in Normal mode for better fuel economy vs holding gears longer in Sport/Sand/Rock Crawl.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If it wasn't trail control ny guess would be it was shifting. You know that "kick" the trans does when slowing to the stop on the 2-1 shift? If it was doing that in low range it would be extra noticeable.

OP
OP
Fly2Win

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe it shifted up a gear or two on you? Which GOAT mode were you in?
I've been using M&R and RC modes to take advantage of transmission/throttle/steering tuning you can't set manually. I could see the transmission up-shifting in Normal mode for better fuel economy vs holding gears longer in Sport/Sand/Rock Crawl.
Hmmm, I was in Normal mode. It could have been a shift now that you mention it. Hard to tell sometimes. Iā€™ll try RC and turn off the rear locker next time. Thx.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I could see the transmission up-shifting in Normal mode for better fuel economy vs holding gears longer in Sport/Sand/Rock Crawl.
This šŸ‘† It's happened to me in 4L Normal and I'm pretty sure it was an unexpected upshift. Makes sense too. Down hill, picks up speed increasing rpm, triggers an upshift

OP
OP
Fly2Win

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it wasn't trail control ny guess would be it was shifting. You know that "kick" the trans does when slowing to the stop on the 2-1 shift? If it was doing that in low range it would be extra noticeable.
Yes, I have felt that. First stop pulling out of work is a little downhill and I sometimes feel it lurch a little forwards. I can see where it would be more pronounced in 4L.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recall this happening a time or 2 in 4L as well. Can't recall if I had it in Manual mode or not though. I'll try to remember to test it out next time I'm in 4L.

Sponsored

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I posted about this before but I've experienced something similar. The shift from 1st to 2nd can be really jarring, to the point that I shift up manually when offroading.

SeldomSeen

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
google
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did my first real off-road day with my 6 week old Bronco at the Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area in PA coal country. Me and 4 Jeeps hit a bunch of green trails.

The Bronco is amazing and performed well throughout the day. However, there were a half dozen times when I experienced an uncommanded acceleration.

I have a Black Diamond 2.7 Auto, 2D, SASQ, MID Bronco.

While running through the woods on mild rock trails (softball or smaller sized rough mining debris with the occasional slab to set a wheel on) in 4L and in D (not M1 or M2) at just a couple MPH, I would let off the accelerator to let the engine slow me down, and it felt like I had hit the gas pedal. Enough so that I quickly stabbed the brake pedal to stop it.

Has anyone else experienced this? I feel like it is controllable but is a bit of a surprise when it happens.
Yes. Just started new thread.

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2017 Toyota Tacoma Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This has happened to me several times. Sometimes it happens when it is shifting but it has happened a couple times when it is in first gear and not shifting. A bit concerning. I have always been going down something steep when it has happened.
Sponsored