First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did the Nitto's handle decent in wet conditions? And what kind of Pro Comps did you have? Did not even think to look at them
I run nitto down hear in S Florida. Great tire for rainy wet roads.
Sponsored

Dmesser92

Big Bend
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4 DLX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They get a lot of abuse but I've always liked BFGoodrich KO2s. They're good tires that can handle a little bit of everything.

OP
OP
lunzzford

lunzzford

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have Nitto's on wife's Jeep and they are garbage in the rain. Take a turn too fast (too fast for the tires that is) and you will slide. Traction in snow was sub par as well.

Never had an issue with BFG's in the past. And to be honest, no issue with the Goodyears on my BaseSquatch.

I'd say anything BUT Nitto is the way to go.
Noted. Not too much snow in Mississippi but in the little I have dealt with it was not pleasant. Thanks for the input. Appreciate the goodyear info as well. I'll check it out

OP
OP
lunzzford

lunzzford

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They don't seem to get a lot of love on these forums but Falken makes a good tire. You can get either the all-terrain (AT3W) or the mud-terrain (MT-01) with a C rating which weigh less. Their ATs do great in the snow. I've never run their MTs, but they come stock on Jeep's Rubicon models. Falken is also releasing a brand new tire in March called the RT-01, which is apparently going to be a rugged terrain tire (between an AT and MT in terms of road manners and off road capability, similar to what Nitto has with their Ridge Grapplers).
Adding this to the list to check out as well now. Good to know as I haven't heard anything negative on these. The ones coming out in March will for sure be ready before my bronco is lol.

OP
OP
lunzzford

lunzzford

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m running 35” Nitto RGs on my Wrangler and they are great in the rain (FL), yes, they’re heavier, but haven’t noticed a difference in steering. Put the RGs on after my Trail Grapplers wore out, which were also great in the rain.
More aggressive on the trails and mud, but for the wheeling I do the Nitto RGs are just fine!
You get longer use out of any tires simply because you’ll have five of them, you’ll be surprised at how many people don’t think to put the spare in the rotation
Good to hear that some do have good experience in the rain. I do love the look of these tires. How was the road noise with the RG and the TG? Also, something I do need to remember is putting the spare in as it used to slip my mind so a good reminder thanks

Sponsored

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Been running Goodyear Duratracs on my Jeep for 60k miles now and they've been outstanding in all weather conditions as well as off road. Can't seem to wear them out which is another big plus.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Adding this to the list to check out as well now. Good to know as I haven't heard anything negative on these. The ones coming out in March will for sure be ready before my bronco is lol.
I like the Falken’s. The only negative I’ve seen was balance issues in the 265/75R16 size AT3W on the tacomaworld.com forum.

My brother had them on his 2016 F-150 up in Oregon and was very pleased with them, especially in ice and snow conditions. Another buddy here in MA has them on his GMC 2500, he doesn’t drive much but likes the tires for the beach and snow so far. I may try a set on my work truck when it needs tires.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lunzzford

lunzzford

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@lunzzford

At my hobby shop where I do consulting (a high volume Jeep build shop) I have the nickname of Tire Slut... I have had a lot of different tires. And have sold hundreds of sets.

Of the 3 on the OP's list, the Toyo and BFG perform very well in inclement weather. The Ridge Grapplers do not. The Ridge Grappler is better in rocky off-road conditions than the other 2.

Now here's the kicker... The Falken AT3W is as good as the BFG and Toyo in bad weather and as good as the Nitto off-road... Add the Falken to your list of options, you won't regret it.
What a nickname. Huge fan of that haha. Someone else did mention the Falken as well and I will definitely be checking them out. Solid to know the bit about the inclement weather with those two. Only ever had Mud Graps on my Jeep 5 years ago and do not miss those

OP
OP
lunzzford

lunzzford

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been running Goodyear Duratracs on my Jeep for 60k miles now and they've been outstanding in all weather conditions as well as off road. Can't seem to wear them out which is another big plus.
Had not seen these pop out. That longevity is appealing. Road noise not too bad either although that is not a huge must. Them handling well in the wet conditions is what sounds great. Thanks

Ahauser2010

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Company Car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
KO2s are the best. I’ve had Nittos before too

Sponsored
OP
OP
lunzzford

lunzzford

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the Falken’s. The only negative I’ve seen was balance issues in the 265/75R16 size AT3W on the tacomaworld.com forum.

My brother had them on his 2016 F-150 up in Oregon and was very pleased with them, especially in ice and snow conditions. Another buddy here in MA has them on his GMC 2500, he doesn’t drive much but likes the tires for the beach and snow so far. I may try a set on my work truck when it needs tires.
See that's good to know about handling well in the ice and snow. They are good looking tires. Appreciate the insight from the your two people mentioned as well. Thanks for this.

DUUUVAL95

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good to hear that some do have good experience in the rain. I do love the look of these tires. How was the road noise with the RG and the TG? Also, something I do need to remember is putting the spare in as it used to slip my mind so a good reminder thanks
My wife and I can have a conversation with a bikini top and doors on at 80mph, but you have to yell to people in the backseat, lol
TG is louder than RG
I see so many people forget to rotate their spare, or tire guys “say” they do but don’t. I actually mark the back of the spare when I get there and show them the mark. Guys I use have gotten the point, lol

OP
OP
lunzzford

lunzzford

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife and I can have a conversation with a bikini top and doors on at 80mph, but you have to yell to people in the backseat, lol
TG is louder than RG
I see so many people forget to rotate their spare, or tire guys “say” they do but don’t. I actually mark the back of the spare when I get there and show them the mark. Guys I use have gotten the point, lol
Solid tip right there to go along with rotating the spare. Does not sound bad on the noise with your experience. Thanks for the insight man

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What a nickname. Huge fan of that haha. Someone else did mention the Falken as well and I will definitely be checking them out. Solid to know the bit about the inclement weather with those two. Only ever had Mud Graps on my Jeep 5 years ago and do not miss those
I know right??? We all laugh... Part of the history is that I was recently a fleet manager of 25 trucks... Touched a ton of tires there too

Currently have KO2's on my son in laws Commander, Ridge Grapplers on my daughter's JK, AT3W's on my Frontier and Patagonia's on both of my Jeeps.

Have had Duratrac's too, good tire when new, but they get noisy as they wear.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Speaking from experience living in an area that experiences 6 months of winter, KO2s are garbage in the winter.
Cheers to this fellow Bertan. Pretty much a requirement to have dedicated winters here
Sponsored