Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2010 Forte Koup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Piping back in to update: the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/Ts are apparently on a nationwide backorder for a couple months. I'm doing my upgrades next week, so I ended up going with Nitto Recon Grapplers at the recommendation of my local installer. From my research so far, they seem better than the Ridge Grapplers for on-road comfort, and are great for those of us who live below the snow belt. They're another good option if you haven't considered them yet.
Sponsored

Rakkasan187

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco, 2020 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Piping back in to update: the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/Ts are apparently on a nationwide backorder for a couple months. I'm doing my upgrades next week, so I ended up going with Nitto Recon Grapplers at the recommendation of my local installer. From my research so far, they seem better than the Ridge Grapplers for on-road comfort, and are great for those of us who live below the snow belt. They're another good option if you haven't considered them yet.
Just put a set of Recon Grapplers on my wife’s FE.
Ford Bronco Undecided on Tire to buy 08962B62-0A12-49CB-BBE6-04BB5C2ECD70
Ford Bronco Undecided on Tire to buy BDE0A8C6-A5C2-4D82-87A2-A6C65B5AFF65

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The fear of E rated tires is something, that's for sure. My E rated tires at 34 psi on the highway ride just fine on the Bronco. Maybe my butt isn't as sensitive as others, or maybe it's because I actually have E rated tires instead of what someone heard someone say.

Buy cheap tires and your ride sucks. Put too much air in your tires and your ride sucks. Get tires that don't match your use and your ride sucks. Good tires matched to your use at correct pressure will work great, and it's not based on what letter happens to be on the sidewall.

Where I go, I'm more concerned about sidewall punctures than anything else. Yeah, you can put a hole in an E tire easy enough, but if I can start with a stronger sidewall, I do.

Thankfully we have plenty of choices. Some folks will be running p-metric tires on their Bronco, and as long as it fits their needs, more power to them.

Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fear of E rated tires is something, that's for sure. My E rated tires at 34 psi on the highway ride just fine on the Bronco. Maybe my butt isn't as sensitive as others, or maybe it's because I actually have E rated tires instead of what someone heard someone say.

Buy cheap tires and your ride sucks. Put too much air in your tires and your ride sucks. Get tires that don't match your use and your ride sucks. Good tires matched to your use at correct pressure will work great, and it's not based on what letter happens to be on the sidewall.

Where I go, I'm more concerned about sidewall punctures than anything else. Yeah, you can put a hole in an E tire easy enough, but if I can start with a stronger sidewall, I do.

Thankfully we have plenty of choices. Some folks will be running p-metric tires on their Bronco, and as long as it fits their needs, more power to them.
It’s not a fear, it’s the design of the tire. Sure, you can make it work by lowering the air pressure but it’s still a heavy tire with very thick sidewalls. If sidewall damage is a primary concern then E rated is a fair compromise, as I’ve said before I’ve rock crawled all over AZ and UT and had minimal issues on C rated. I have direct experience with E rated tires on a half ton truck, the ride was hot garbage. I swapped down to a C rated tire and all was well. I also put D rated tires on my 87 Bronco for a cycle, it didn’t have good traction on slick rock when aired down to 12 psi. I went back to C rated and it stuck like glue at 14 psi. Everyone is free to make their own decision. I’m glad E works for you, but I will not run them or advocate for others to run them.

Sponsored

OkieB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2010 Forte Koup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just put a set of Recon Grapplers on my wife’s FE.
Those look sharp! Similar to my choice, too. I also went with the 35x12.50x17s, but on Fuel Shok wheels in bronze. How do you like the ride on-road so far?

Rakkasan187

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco, 2020 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Those look sharp! Similar to my choice, too. I also went with the 35x12.50x17s, but on Fuel Shok wheels in bronze. How do you like the ride on-road so far?
So far all is good. Max PSI is 65 and I’m running them at 38. Truck feels more planted in the turns due to the thicker side wall. Ride quality on road isn’t much different then when it had the Goodyears. I hear a lot of people on here get wrapped around the axle when it comes to putting a load E or even a load D tire on the Bronco, but that’s when running the appropriate PSI for small bump compliance and even wear come in to play.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s not a fear, it’s the design of the tire. Sure, you can make it work by lowering the air pressure but it’s still a heavy tire with very thick sidewalls. If sidewall damage is a primary concern then E rated is a fair compromise, as I’ve said before I’ve rock crawled all over AZ and UT and had minimal issues on C rated. I have direct experience with E rated tires on a half ton truck, the ride was hot garbage. I swapped down to a C rated tire and all was well. I also put D rated tires on my 87 Bronco for a cycle, it didn’t have good traction on slick rock when aired down to 12 psi. I went back to C rated and it stuck like glue at 14 psi. Everyone is free to make their own decision. I’m glad E works for you, but I will not run them or advocate for others to run them.

The only thing I advocate is the correct tire for the job. To arbitrarily exclude tires based on a letter on the sidewall is pretty short sighted. I don't spend my time on groomed recreational trails, I'm usually solo, and far from any help if needed. I've used E rated tires long enough on enough vehicles to know a good tire at the correct pressure works. If you want to stick to clean trails and p-metric tires, that's great as long as it works for you. It doesn't matter to me what you use. I'll use what works for me and give advice based on experience. There is far more to tire selection than the letter on the sidewall.

Anyway, as I said before, there are lots of choices and thankfully we can all make ourselves happy. In the end that's all that matters.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For a daily driver on an SUV or Truck that will see light off road use, the Falken Wildpeak AT3W is one of the best tires out there and it is winter rated.

They are incredible in the rain and snow and just ride great.
I now have them on 2 different vehicles.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only thing I advocate is the correct tire for the job. To arbitrarily exclude tires based on a letter on the sidewall is pretty short sighted. I don't spend my time on groomed recreational trails, I'm usually solo, and far from any help if needed. I've used E rated tires long enough on enough vehicles to know a good tire at the correct pressure works. If you want to stick to clean trails and p-metric tires, that's great as long as it works for you. It doesn't matter to me what you use. I'll use what works for me and give advice based on experience. There is far more to tire selection than the letter on the sidewall.

Anyway, as I said before, there are lots of choices and thankfully we can all make ourselves happy. In the end that's all that matters.
P-metric and C load range are two different tires. I’ve ventured far off the beaten path well away from assistance on C rated tires and would do so without hesitation.

Sponsored

zane8stacks

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same boat. I've just ordered some rebound pros and i'm trying to decide if i want to keep stock SAS tires or upgrade to something else. Can anyone chime in on how bad it is about throwing rocks. Right now that is my only justification for getting another brand so protect the paint since the 2 doors dont really have any step/sliders out right now that i like. I was looking at 35x12 r17s in MT Baja MTZ, cooper evolution m/t, and some ridge grapplers since they just look mean but those are about 13lbs heavier than the MT tires

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a pretty good tire. I haven't had any issues at all that I can recall. I keep trying to sell that Yokohama X-M/T and just haven't found a taker yet.

We sell the Falken M/T which is very similar at a pretty high rate. I turn people away from tires like the Goodyear MT/R and the Toyo MT due to a high rate of balance issues and radial tire pull that comes up way too often in those tires.
Ever find a taker on the x-mt?

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks