First Name
Phil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Aspen
Bronco
Undecided
Must be "special" plastic.
i think a guy could get these on amazon for a lot cheaper may need to buy a kit with a bunch of different ones but you will porbably need them eventually anyway I always hated these clips drive me crazy I always break them when I try to get them out haha
Advertisement

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

i think a guy could get these on amazon for a lot cheaper may need to buy a kit with a bunch of different ones but you will porbably need them eventually anyway I always hated these clips drive me crazy I always break them when I try to get them out haha
My BL has the mat which means I should probably pull one and look. Some are Christmas tree style, some have that stupid expander you push in after the thing is on. You will poo yourself if you ever pull rear inner trim panels off. There's no reason why they used so many different types.

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Bronco
Outer Banks
I guess I'm missing something here, I just looked over my build (lux obx 2dr) and the B&P on Ford's site, and I'm not seeing a kit for under the hood sound deadening? I see the roof deadening kit option. Can someone shed some light on this for me? thanks.

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 International Scout II
Bronco
Black Diamond
I guess I'm missing something here, I just looked over my build (lux obx 2dr) and the B&P on Ford's site, and I'm not seeing a kit for under the hood sound deadening? I see the roof deadening kit option. Can someone shed some light on this for me? thanks.
It's included in lux package.

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Bronco
Outer Banks
It's included in lux package.
Have you seen it listed somewhere? I'm looking at Ford's PDF listing models and trim levels and don't see it. (not that I don't believe you) wondering why I haven't heard about this, that's all. thanks.

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 International Scout II
Bronco
Black Diamond
Edit: I installed the sound deadening and it took 13 plugs as reported by @flip. It was a super easy upgrade. Seems to make a bit of difference in the amount of engine noise, but not night and day. I will know more once I hit 1000 miles and get to step on the gas. The sound deadening is more of a rigid fiber board construction than the wooly stuff I’ve seen on my older vehicles. The plugs are just as pictured a few comments back. I paid $3 each, but I’m sure they can be found cheaper.

Last edited:

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

I installed the sound deadening and it fact only took 12 plugs. It was a super easy upgrade. Seems to make a bit of difference in the amount of engine noise, but not night and day. I will know more once I hit 1000 miles and get to step on the gas.
Did you take any photos of the pad or retainer plugs? Curious what the plugs look like.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, FJ Cruiser
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

Edit: I installed the sound deadening and it took 13 plugs as reported by @flip. It was a super easy upgrade. Seems to make a bit of difference in the amount of engine noise, but not night and day. I will know more once I hit 1000 miles and get to step on the gas. The sound deadening is more of a rigid fiber board construction than the wooly stuff I’ve seen on my older vehicles. The plugs are just as pictured a few comments back. I paid $3 each, but I’m sure they can be found cheaper.
For the sound you may need the firewall deadening.

Advertisement

GOBI Racks
Advertisement