David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Any plans for standard Heritage ? Does not show as option..
Sponsored

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Exactly. Everyone has different circumstances and needs. Each persons thought process/reasons are going to be different. Totally. For me, rust was a strong considerations that got me really thinking. In the end I decided that by the time the steel rusts (several years), I'll be replacing them with new ones. Yes, it's heavier. But then I thought its all weight down low (where you want it) and ontop of the aluminum weight its about another 70lbs, not that bad. I had aluminum in my shopping cart up until the last minute.
Agreed, my intention at first was steel but then thinking about the calcium chloride/salt brine solution that our state uses during the winter, steel has be become less and less attractive.

Building firebodies for the last 30 years, I have seen over-the-road vibrations work harden and crack aluminum bodies but then they have severe bends over very large areas. Additionally, I have seen A653 Galvannealed bodies rust after a year even in dry central California and they were fully painted.

Small relative flat aluminum plates will deform in rock gardens and if most of your travels are crawling in the west, steel is probably a better option. 304 stainless is our go-to material in our bodies today but it is way to cost prohibitive for this application.

bobogto

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is there a hardware kit that can be purchased separately? Or at least the washers. They seem proprietary and my kit came in with the wrong bolt and washer kit for the transfer case skid. In the instructional videos the transfer case skid is only installed stand alone and has a narrow bolt openings that regular washers(that were provided) will work. But my installation included a full body armor and the drilled openings for the transfer case skid are bigger (like the one on the forward skid) and require the recessed washers, which were not included in my kit. I was able to use one from the transmission skid that overlaps on one corner with the transfer case skid, but on the other I was forced to use a temporary solution with a regular oversized washer. But it looks bad and also the bolt sticks out way too much and is not protected.

Please look at the pictures.

Ford Bronco Underbody aluminum skidplates and protection by ASFIR 4x4 IMG_2120.JPG

Ford Bronco Underbody aluminum skidplates and protection by ASFIR 4x4 IMG_2121.JPG

Ford Bronco Underbody aluminum skidplates and protection by ASFIR 4x4 IMG_2124.JPG

IMG_2129.jpg

Last edited:

Jviz4u

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice-Mountain special
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@ASFIR 4x4

I am also in need of your special washers. After a year and a half of use on light-to-medium trail, and bending the front skid, I started hearing some clicks and crackles from under the car, that originated from your skids (I removed the front skid to test) .
Since I have a number of bolts and washers that bend from rocks. I already sourced the replacement bolts, but those washer I can't find locally.
Is that possible to send us a link where can we find them in the US?

We like your products, but some local US rocks had a disagreement with them. :)

Thank you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.