First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Underbody aluminum skidplates and protection by ASFIR 4x4 20220329_173415
Ford Bronco Underbody aluminum skidplates and protection by ASFIR 4x4 20220329_173542

This skid plate is an awesome upgrade from the plastic OEM one on the base model. The fit is almost too perfect. I needed to use a jack to put a little upward pressure on it to make all the bolts line up. It's legit 1/4 thick and robust.

They got this shipped to me in 6 days... from Israel!

I'm more than happy with it.

20220322_195232.jpg

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m circling back to this now that the salt is washed off the roads and I can start driving my Bronco. I’m not doing any hardcore crawling, mainly looking for aluminum to save weight and avoid rust. I also love the look of the raw aluminum plate under the front bumper, like my 87 Bronco had with the prerunner bumper. I have a 2 door Badlands manual, looking at the 3 piece kit for replacing the factory front and transfer case plates. Can someone confirm that the plates in the kit will work with the manual trans?

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any update on how much weight this saves over the stock skid plates?

OP
OP
ASFIR 4x4

ASFIR 4x4

Outer Banks
First Name
Reut
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.asfir.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV, Toyota Land-Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m circling back to this now that the salt is washed off the roads and I can start driving my Bronco. I’m not doing any hardcore crawling, mainly looking for aluminum to save weight and avoid rust. I also love the look of the raw aluminum plate under the front bumper, like my 87 Bronco had with the prerunner bumper. I have a 2 door Badlands manual, looking at the 3 piece kit for replacing the factory front and transfer case plates. Can someone confirm that the plates in the kit will work with the manual trans?
Hey Mitch, we have confirmed a fit for the manual gear for a 2dr Base model.
As for a manual BL, not yet a solid confirmation. Stay tuned to asfir.com we update new info all the time :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
ASFIR 4x4

ASFIR 4x4

Outer Banks
First Name
Reut
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.asfir.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@ASFIR 4x4 looking closely at the two different transmission skids, I’m unsure which will fit best with my non-BL with mod bumper. The BL version looks like it was designed for the metal engine bash, but might also have accommodations for the different sway bar. I ordered the original yesterday but am wondering if the BL version would fit better? Pic of my base sasquatch with mod bumper:
Ford Bronco Underbody aluminum skidplates and protection by ASFIR 4x4 20220322_195232
Hey @kevin.gt , sorry for the late reply!
As far as we know, the main difference with the Transmission / Gear skid-plates should be the disconnected stabilizar-bar or non-disconnected.

The plate for the non-disconnected stabilizar bar was orignially designed and prototyped on a WT / OB / Base trim whereas the plate for the disconnected stabilizar-bar was prototyped on a BL trim.

Hope that helps, and if it doesn't - please let me know how more I can help.

Best,
Reut @ ASFIR

OP
OP
ASFIR 4x4

ASFIR 4x4

Outer Banks
First Name
Reut
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.asfir.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@ASFIR 4x4 from what I can tell, I don’t save any shipping cost by bundling more products together, is that correct? For instance, ordering two transfer case support bracket has twice the shipping cost
No you are not (and correct with your statement).
Shipping is 50% discounted on all orders, no mini. order required :)

Hope that helps!

Best,
Reut @ ASFIR

B A C N O W

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OK…does anyone have photos of the ASFIR FRONT skid plate mounted with the Factory MOD steel bumper?

I have only seen photos of these skids with the plastic bumpers or aftermarket bumpers…

i am curious to see if it will appear seamless or if there is an unsightly gap!

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ASFIR has been on my radar for some time now - excellent reputation for off road gear for multiple platforms (Toyota, LR, etc). I would’ve purchased a winch bumper and other equipment for my LR Disco 1 but for the shipping costs from Israel.
Hoping with all the new Bronco business, ASFIR will consider a North America distribution center with resultant decrement in shipping costs.
Even this thread has recoiled on shipping costs.

OP
OP
ASFIR 4x4

ASFIR 4x4

Outer Banks
First Name
Reut
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.asfir.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OK…does anyone have photos of the ASFIR FRONT skid plate mounted with the Factory MOD steel bumper?

I have only seen photos of these skids with the plastic bumpers or aftermarket bumpers…

i am curious to see if it will appear seamless or if there is an unsightly gap!
Hey! Here's a link to our website, there are pictures there with a Bad-Land Front skid-plate on a STEEL OEM front bumper.

If there's anything else we can help with, let us know and we'll do our best to help :)

Best,
Reut @ ASFIR

Sponsored
OP
OP
ASFIR 4x4

ASFIR 4x4

Outer Banks
First Name
Reut
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.asfir.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ASFIR has been on my radar for some time now - excellent reputation for off road gear for multiple platforms (Toyota, LR, etc). I would’ve purchased a winch bumper and other equipment for my LR Disco 1 but for the shipping costs from Israel.
Hoping with all the new Bronco business, ASFIR will consider a North America distribution center with resultant decrement in shipping costs.
Even this thread has recoiled on shipping costs.
Hey there wrbix :)
We're thrilled to hear you heard good things about us. We do cater to many platforms, all listed here.

As we know int'l shipping prices can be a problem, we offer 50% discount on all shipping no mini. order required !
* look for the "discount" line in your cart, it'll reflect 50% off the original shipping price (after you put in your shipping zip code).

Also, don't forget to use bro_5 at checkout for an extra 5% off your Bronco products.

And talking about our winch platforms, here's another great opportunity to re-introduce our 2.7L Winch Plate !
* Videoed installation instructions will be released soon.

Best, Reut @ ASFIR

B A C N O W

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey! Here's a link to our website, there are pictures there with a Bad-Land Front skid-plate on a STEEL OEM front bumper.

If there's anything else we can help with, let us know and we'll do our best to help :)

Best,
Reut @ ASFIR
Ah, thanks! That Looks great! I will submit an order as soon as i am able to choose a configuration that suits my needs (I am so tempted to buy the full set)

FYI, you guys might want to use the same terminology that Ford utilizes when describing the Sway Bar Disconnect!
You guys are listing this feature as Sway Bar Disconnected!
Not a big deal, but….

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey @kevin.gt , sorry for the late reply!
As far as we know, the main difference with the Transmission / Gear skid-plates should be the disconnected stabilizar-bar or non-disconnected.

The plate for the non-disconnected stabilizar bar was orignially designed and prototyped on a WT / OB / Base trim whereas the plate for the disconnected stabilizar-bar was prototyped on a BL trim.

Hope that helps, and if it doesn't - please let me know how more I can help.

Best,
Reut @ ASFIR

Just wanted to be clear, does this fit 2 door and 4 door?

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@ASFIR 4x4, can you please post a couple of pictures showing access to the oil pan plug? would be great if you can place someone's hand in the location just to see the right scale. Thanks.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey there wrbix :)
We're thrilled to hear you heard good things about us. We do cater to many platforms, all listed here.

As we know int'l shipping prices can be a problem, we offer 50% discount on all shipping no mini. order required !
* look for the "discount" line in your cart, it'll reflect 50% off the original shipping price (after you put in your shipping zip code).

Also, don't forget to use bro_5 at checkout for an extra 5% off your Bronco products.

And talking about our winch platforms, here's another great opportunity to re-introduce our 2.7L Winch Plate !
* Videoed installation instructions will be released soon.

Best, Reut @ ASFIR
Alas, but for a weighty item like a bumper, routine shipping costs seem not to apply - does the 50% shipping discount also apply to the “special freight quote” for which one must contact ASFIR?….it is at that point my bumper order has been abandoned I’m afraid.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.