Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice-Mountain special
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

YESSS! Great to hear!
Send us the post-dirt pics too ;)
Here a post-dirt with some scratches and dings. Now i need to figure how to CLEAN them.

20220625_151150.jpg

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
@ASFIR 4x4 any chance at offering a hidden winch under bumper skid plate for the front. Looking at rough country, but would rather yours.

OP
OP
ASFIR 4x4

ASFIR 4x4

Outer Banks
First Name
Reut
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.asfir.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV, Toyota Land-Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@ASFIR 4x4 any chance at offering a hidden winch under bumper skid plate for the front. Looking at rough country, but would rather yours.
Unfortunately not, we currently only offer Winch Plate for a steel OEM bumper with a 2.7L engine.

Reut @ ASFIR

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unfortunately not, we currently only offer Winch Plate for a steel OEM bumper with a 2.7L engine.

Reut @ ASFIR
Thanks for letting me know. I ordered everything but the front skid from you guys. Do you think they’re compatible? I need the hidden winch Mount.

Sponsored

JKommuter

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
@ASFIR 4x4 I ordered a gearbox skid Saturday around noon, and today Tuesday 5PM its here. From Israel to northern California in 3 days. That's some impressive shipping. Tell Leonard Solomon thank you for kicking butt. It may not be free shipping but it is impressive as hell. I can't wait to install the gearbox skid this weekend.

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you! It is powder-coated and colored red. :)
So, I just received the cross member skids. They look to be unprotected steel, not powder coated like mentioned. Could they be stainless or have some other coating? I sent Asfir an email asking about it but they're closed through 7/10. I was just going to paint them but I wanted some protection from rust from the manufacturer.... especially for the price.

Ford Bronco Underbody aluminum skidplates and protection by ASFIR 4x4 1657296784903

ElPasoBronc

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Badlands 4 door and looking to add undercarriage protection to anything the OEM skids don’t cover. What do you recommend?

AZsquatch

Black Diamond
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, I just received the cross member skids. They look to be unprotected steel, not powder coated like mentioned. Could they be stainless or have some other coating? I sent Asfir an email asking about it but they're closed through 7/10. I was just going to paint them but I wanted some protection from rust from the manufacturer.... especially for the price.

Ford Bronco Underbody aluminum skidplates and protection by ASFIR 4x4 1657296784903
Website says 1/8” stainless steel. Can’t find anything that mentions powder coating

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Website says 1/8” stainless steel. Can’t find anything that mentions powder coating
You're correct. It doesn't state it on the website. I asked on this forum and was told they would be red powder coated. I guess that can't be considered official, though. Just a bummer that I have to paint them to keep them from rusting.

Ford Bronco Underbody aluminum skidplates and protection by ASFIR 4x4 1657537026423

Sponsored
OP
OP
ASFIR 4x4

ASFIR 4x4

Outer Banks
First Name
Reut
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.asfir.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for letting me know. I ordered everything but the front skid from you guys. Do you think they’re compatible? I need the hidden winch Mount.
Our Front Skid-Plate and Rough Country's Winch mount? Unfortunately I don't know if it'll work. Our plates uses OEM holes so if their product doesn't interfere with it, it seems like there shouldn't be a problem but again, we can't guarantee a 100% fit.

If I got the question wrong or there are still things we can help with, please let us know.
Best,
Reut @ ASFIR

OP
OP
ASFIR 4x4

ASFIR 4x4

Outer Banks
First Name
Reut
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.asfir.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You're correct. It doesn't state it on the website. I asked on this forum and was told they would be red powder coated. I guess that can't be considered official, though. Just a bummer that I have to paint them to keep them from rusting.

Ford Bronco Underbody aluminum skidplates and protection by ASFIR 4x4 1657537026423
Thank you! It is powder-coated and colored red. :)
Hello everyone and thank you to @Stonetree for bringing to our attention we made a mistake regarding the finish of the Crossmember Arm Protector. The protectore is GALVANIZED (for corrosion protection) rather than colored red.

Please allow me to apologize for my mistake and thank you for bringing up questions, problems and questions up to this forum and allowing us the opportunity to better our products and correct ourselves if we make a mistake.

Best,
Reut @ ASFIR

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I am taking my Bronco and complete Asfir underbody protection kit to an auto body shop for installation. I will point them to the install videos on Asfir website and it is my understanding there is an install manual included.

Is there a best specific order the parts should be installed ?
Would you do something differently with your install ?

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am taking my Bronco and complete Asfir underbody protection kit to an auto body shop for installation. I will point them to the install videos on Asfir website and it is my understanding there is an install manual included.

The install is pretty easy with all of their skid plates. The only thing remotely tricky is where the skid plates overlap. Probably easiest to install the plates back to front.
Ford Bronco Underbody aluminum skidplates and protection by ASFIR 4x4 1659006852073

Also, the bolts for the cross member plates were marked incorrectly on the paper instructions. They also don't match the bolts shown in the installation video. In the video, it shows M8x70mm bolts. That's not what I received. On the paper instructions, it shows M8x60mm and M8x65mm. And those are also shown in the wrong positions.....at least on my instructions. I thought a couple of my bolts were too short until I switched them with the bolts on the opposite sides of the crossmember skid plates.
Ford Bronco Underbody aluminum skidplates and protection by ASFIR 4x4 1659007968068

Last edited:
OP
OP
ASFIR 4x4

ASFIR 4x4

Outer Banks
First Name
Reut
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.asfir.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

We actually do it front to back, starting with the Engine skid and moving backwards.
But as @Stonetree mentioned it's duable both ways (and without a car lift it may be easier back-to-front).

If there's anything we can help with - please let us know.

Best,
Reut @ ASFIR
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.