Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undergroundgraphics.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 20 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everybody wants the hardtop, until you realize the softop is more practical for open use. This is my third Bronco, first two were soft tops and I loved them. Hardtops are highly sought after, and as fast I had been going through these Broncos, I wanted to know what I was missing. As much as I adore the quietness and looks of the hardtop, I do miss the ease of flip-back and go. I also loved the "safari look" as well with no rear plastic windows.

However, I finally found a TopLift Pro on FB Marketplace for a steal and drove an hour to pick it up. Last Friday I got the Bronco fully topless for the first time, and then pulled the doors on Saturday. Definitely loving the naked look again, and oh is it fun to drive. Not near as loud as you’d think, much quieter than having the soft top flapping while flipped up, ....and I hated the look with it all the way back as you can't see sh!t. I will say it looks very long with the doors on, unlike with the softop flipped back. But doors and top off, love it. Happy again!

What are your thoughts and experiences on hardtop vs soft top?

IMG_7250.jpg

IMG_7249.jpg

IMG_7252.jpg

IMG_7248.jpg

IMG_6936.jpg

IMG_6603.jpg
Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMO the soft top looks cheap. Fortunately with a 2dr I had no option. I have a TLP from my old Jeep and love it. The lift pad didnt work with the 2dr due to clearance from the crossbar and the top, but I figured out how to lift it a little and move it back enough to clear. Once they developed the 2dr version I got the replacement top section and TBH I think the first way was easier.

JLC64UK

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 21 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Originally ordered dual tops with my day two reservation and then had to switch to soft top in order to get it 608 days later. Had '18 Wrangler with dual tops and always loved the ease and quick transformation to topless/naked with the soft top. Same is true with the Bronco. So easy to flip it back for some sun and fun or take the windows out for the safari mode or flipped all the way back for quasi topless mode. And when the doors come off its even better! Weather around here is so variable that have to be ready for changes daily and the soft top is the best option to take advantage of it.
Sponsored