indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not surprising that the enthusiast forum that is predominately interested in performance/off-roading and using a 2 dr as a 'toy' is a near 50/50 split. The rest of the real world is probably a 90/10 take rate.
Probably on-road the 4 door will rule similar to Wrangler. For easier carrying passengers and stuff like a 4 door car. Plus isn't nearly 40% of the USA population now classified as obese? Just getting real, not sure how well the tighter 2 door back seat will handle two obese passengers in terms of exit/entry and room. 4 door will do better hauling that cargo.

I've only had 2 door 4x4s. My kids were fine in the back seat when off-roading and camping. People would pile into my CJ7, sitting on the rear fender and hanging on the roll bar. Good times. I think people can have fun in either the 2 or 4 door Bronco, if they actually go and have fun as the vehicle is designed to accommodate.
Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Touché my friend. Doug can poll for sure, but maybe I can try to poll harder.
I've been told my poll-out game is strong.
Not to mention there's been rampant news updates as of late, so perhaps the data will fluctuate a bit.

Comin' right up! Chocolate or vanilla?

No worries, I'll keep ya in my Myspace Top 8.

Porqué no los dos?

Yep. Just like what my partner uses for their hair!

51IfFPKq4nL.jpg

Daddy's home.

Real eyes realize real lies. Just kidding, all shapes and sizes are rad (still talking about broncos here).
I understand the use cases for both!
Half n half. I can't favor 1 flav over another....

OP
OP
icavedin

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Appreciate everyone's input! Would keep responding individually, but please accept my superficial "like" for now.

Probably on-road the 4 door will rule similar to Wrangler. For easier carrying passengers and stuff like a 4 door car. Plus isn't nearly 40% of the USA population now classified as obese? Just getting real, not sure how well the tighter 2 door back seat will handle two obese passengers in terms of exit/entry and room. 4 door will do better hauling that cargo.

I've only had 2 door 4x4s. My kids were fine in the back seat when off-roading and camping. People would pile into my CJ7, sitting on the rear fender and hanging on the roll bar. Good times. I think people can have fun in either the 2 or 4 door Bronco, if they actually go and have fun as the vehicle is designed to accommodate.
This is the bit that kills me.
With almost half of the American population being on the more-to-love side mixed with increasingly stringent safety standards, vehicles are becoming increasingly bloated in the states...there's a metaphor somewhere here. This calls for the need of wider (read: less) lanes, more traffic congestion etc and so many other various trickle down effects.

I live in Seattle where tons of JDM 4x4 rigs are imported and I can't help but envy how a healthier diet with the disintegration of "chicken tax laws" could translate into us getting into rad kei cars I see on local roads around here.
Ford Bronco Understanding the Bronco buyer landscape (Part II): 2 door vs. 4 door Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 8.38.50 PM
Ford Bronco Understanding the Bronco buyer landscape (Part II): 2 door vs. 4 door Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 8.45.44 PM

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 door. Wife loves this design (won’t lie I do too) and when I went to secretly reserve was when i realized a 2 door even existed. No kids for us so 4 doors is just more money spent and more weight to haul around. I think the 2 looks better though.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

love the looks of both equally, but I want to go on solo trips and sleep in it, maybe bring the dog who will stay off the seats for a change, so 4 door for me. Plus I like the extra space even if I go with (roof top) tent, put a fridge in there, gear, chairs, etc.
I've had several 2 door cars, I'm done with contortions. I'm also not 20 anymore, as much as I like to pretend ?

Sponsored

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Appreciate everyone's input! Would keep responding individually, but please accept my superficial "like" for now.

This is the bit that kills me.
With almost half of the American population being on the more-to-love side mixed with increasingly stringent safety standards, vehicles are becoming increasingly bloated in the states...there's a metaphor somewhere here. This calls for the need of wider (read: less) lanes, more traffic congestion etc and so many other various trickle down effects.

I live in Seattle where tons of JDM 4x4 rigs are imported and I can't help but envy how a healthier diet with the disintegration of "chicken tax laws" could translate into us getting into rad kei cars I see on local roads around here.
Ford Bronco Understanding the Bronco buyer landscape (Part II): 2 door vs. 4 door Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 8.45.44 PM
I lived in Japan for 4 years. Let me tell you the Delica Rocks! Great 4X4 for camping, surfing, scuba diving, and partying on the beach. I wish they were available as new models here. I would get the Delica and the Bronco and have a sweet stable.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I love the look and vibe of the 2-door.

But I'm buying the 4-door, why?

Longer wheelbase = Improved ride quality

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I said in another thread, but one of the biggest mistakes this new/revived community can make is to start saying stuff like "2 door is the only real Bronco."

Internet banter doesn't always find its way into the real world, but unfortunately that kind of sentiment has managed to poison the jeep community over the last 10+ years since the JK introduced the 4-door option. Not only are a lot of jeep internet communities rife with ridicule of those who own 4-doors, but some real-world jeep clubs are known for refusing 4-doors and going out of their way to ridicule or even disparage the people who own them. Unfortunately I'm speaking from experience; at least one of my local clubs has that reputation. It's really, really dumb, I don't know why people subscribe to that kind of stuff, and it keeps people like me from getting to join a club and learning more about the vehicle and its capabilities. It stagnates the size of the group, but hey, maybe that's what they want. I doubt that's what Ford wants when trying to reintroduce the Bronco, though.

It also has the effect of sometimes making impressionable people feel like they need a 2-door to be part of the community, so they force themselves into a vehicle that isn't practical for their needs, end up hating it, and then leaving the community shortly after starting in it. That's not how you grow a community.

From what I've seen on this forum thus far, most members seem pretty cool and practical about all this. Keep it goin!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm going 2-door because I don't see enough cost/benefit with the 4-door. Even if I had kids, the 2-door would be plenty. If there isn't room for it in the back, it isn't being brought. Learn to pack what you need and not more. It is also over 17" shorter than my current 2019 Mazda6 GT, which will make it easy to park and leave a ton of room in the garage for the new welding table that i'll build once Bronco is in there.

2-door has the better proportions, IMHO. And if I ever have clients or friends in the car, they can pony up (pun intended) and get in the back seat. Riding is better than walking, amiright?

Full disclosure: My only experience driving something fun offroad is a RAM 2500 after replacing the distributor and re-timing, although it was not exactly "hard core" off-roading, being a party island and all. I want to have more off-season driving fun because the classic cars are deadly at any speed, I won't include wet-weather driving into the mix when using huck brakes and bias ply tires with all the nutjobs in their modern cars around who have literally ZERO clue as to how much distance a classic car actually needs.

Ford Bronco Understanding the Bronco buyer landscape (Part II): 2 door vs. 4 door FB_IMG_1472919477079

(Yes, this island is powered by a RAM 2500, it's capable of freeway speeds once you take the palm trees off)

Sponsored

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the argument for "smaller footprint", but I would be lying if I stated it was for any other reason than personal design choice.

I have a standard cab pickup (which are not common these days) because that is the essence of a pickup truck to me. It's meant to do work, not be a family vehicle.

Ford spent a lot of time and money redesigning the "essence" of the original Bronco for this 6th generation, and the 4 door does not capture that same essence of the old Bronco for me.

Sure, we could all use more space, but I prefer living a lifestyle where I can be efficient about it. I own a 1300 square foot home - small by a lot of American standards - but in the words of George Carlin, I don't treat it like "just a place to keep all my sh*t" - I have what I need and I like that life balance.

Nothing against the 4 door, but I just love how the 2 door reflects my personal philosophy.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is an interesting pole considering the site reservation stats show quite a bit of variance to the current pole results.
Ford Bronco Understanding the Bronco buyer landscape (Part II): 2 door vs. 4 door Door Stats.JPG

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Am all in on the two door. I rarely have more than three passengers. If so, we can take the Escape. I love the looks of the two door, and this is MY fun vehicle, not buying it for practical reasons.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
For my family there is mainly one "use case" where the 4 door would likely have a significant advantage over the 2 door. Driving with wife and two college age sons, cross country from Chicago to Colorado where we used to live, and spending a few weeks exploring on/off road in the Rockies. Hitting various off-road trails around Gunnison, Leadville, Ouray, etc. Maybe even short trip to Moab. We generally pack light, but would need camping/hiking gear.

That scenerio I mentioned, including driving 1000 mile each way, in terms of comfort and space, the 4 door would surpass the 2 door, not much question in my mind about that.

But the thing is, maybe we do that trip once every year or so. The rest of the year, I think the 2 door would be the better fit in most cases. But I'll know more once we get a better idea of how accommodating the rear seat is in the 2 door model, and how easy to get in and out.

If I were only having one vehicle and Bronco needed to accommodate all scenarios including people hauler and for all trips, then maybe I'd go 4 door. But I've got other vehicles for some of that other stuff, so I'm strongly leaning 2 door at this point. And it doesn't hurt the base 2 door manual is lower cost. :)

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, only 4door will do. I dont like the choppy ride of short wheelbase vehicles, I want easy access to the rear seats, and I want a vehicle that is long enough for me to sleep in the back if I want to.
Sponsored