First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For me, only 4door will do. I dont like the choppy ride of short wheelbase vehicles, I want easy access to the rear seats, and I want a vehicle that is long enough for me to sleep in the back if I want to.
What is with this vehicle and so many people being concerned about being able to sleep in it?

If you're sleeping inside a car, you've either hit some bad luck or made some bad choices

For a small fee you can sleep indoors, or if you're a nature fiend a tent might be a good thing to have

Buying a car based on it's sleepability? Are y'all planning on going homeless soon ?
Sponsored

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is with this vehicle and so many people being concerned about being able to sleep in it?

If you're sleeping inside a car, you've either hit some bad luck or made some bad choices

For a small fee you can sleep indoors, or if you're a nature fiend a tent might be a good thing to have

Buying a car based on it's sleepability? Are y'all planning on going homeless soon ?
Camp sites suitable for a tent are not always available. Its also weather dependent, if if its pouring rain when I need to set up camp I'll just sleep in the vehicle. That is a less important feature for me than the ride quality and rear seat access though.

stickshifter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma (1975 FJ-40, 1978 CJ-7, 2008 JKU)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

1. Get off work
2. Eat
3. Jump in truck/Jeep/Bronco
4. Drive a few hours to trailhead
5. Its dark, and late. F the tent.
6. Sleep in truck/Jeep/Bronco
7. Wake up at 3:00 am
8. Get after it

JRYbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Some of us enjoy sleeping outside and being away from other humans haha. Agreed with JTZAKO above, getting a camp site these days in the PNW where I live is nearly impossible - have to book a year out. RTT or sleeping in your vehicle makes any place you can drive to a camp site - problem solved.

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base

I can't imagine putting a tent on the damn roof !!.....sleep walkers beware!!

Sponsored

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The new 2021 F150 has new flat reclining front seat option this year....sounds perfect for the Bronco.....maybe 2022?.....I prefer chocolate on my pillow.... :p

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there one post that has all of the differences between the 2 door and 4 door?

Example:
Rear AC. 2 door-no. 4 door-yes
Tailgate. Etc...

This place is the encyclopedia of Bronco info. It’s just hard to remember where everything is.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am torn; as mentioned earlier I prefer the 2-door, but practicality the 4-door rules. I just wonder if I spread out in the back while camping? I ponder this due to the roof load issue. I am sure the aftermarket will resolve this.

Skagzoola

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruz (POS)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm gonna go with the 2-door. I know there is a sacrifice on cargo space and seating, but I really don't want the hassle of driving a longer vehicle. Granted, the 4-door is only 16-ish inches longer than the 2-door, but 16 inches matters. Getting in and out of tight parking spaces/garages is a huge pet-peeve of mine, and the ease of maneuvering a smaller vehicle is worth the trade off for smaller cargo capacity.
Mostly it comes down to cargo capacity, from what I'm seeing in these threads, but what I'm not seeing is a lot of people talking about is getting a roof rack, which is what I plan to get on the 2-door to negate the lack in cargo space.

Currently I drive a 2018 POS 4-door Chevy Cruze hatchback. My Cruze is 1 inch longer than the 2-door Bronco. The cargo dimensions are actually very close to the 2-door bronco as well. Cruze rear cargo capacity is 22.7 cubic feet, while the 2-door Bronco has a rear cargo capacity of 23.6 cubic feet. This is enough room for groceries every week, and enough room for my tools (I'm in construction) without needing to fold the seats down or store stuff in the back seats.
With the seats folded down, the Cruze has a maximum of 47.2 cubic feet. of storage capacity, while the 2-door Bronco has a maximum of 52.3 cubic feet.

I'm big into camping and with the seats folded down in my Cruze I am able to haul 2 huge electric scooters (pictured in post...60 inches in length when folded down), 2 coolers, my 4 days worth of camping gear and food, a friend, and all of his camping gear and food. All that WITHOUT a roof rack.

So for me, I'm already used to driving a smaller vehicle, which is a worth-while compromise for me, as far as losing out on cargo capacity, but with a roof rack on the Bronco, I will have even more cargo capacity and won't have to opt for a longer vehicle.

20200426_120831.jpg
Sponsored