Sponsored

Understanding the demographical Bronco buyer landscape: Manual v. Automatic Transmission

When did you bless us w/ your presence and which transmission are your beautiful eyes set on honey?

• Manual & Gen Z ('96+)

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Auto & Gen Z ('96+)

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Manual & Gen Y ('81-'95)

Votes: 83 21.4%
  • Auto & Gen Y ('81-'95)

Votes: 96 24.8%
  • Manual & Gen X ('65-'80)

Votes: 75 19.4%
  • Auto & Gen X ('65-'80)

Votes: 80 20.7%
  • Manual & Baby Boomers ('44-'64) hey you silver fox

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • Auto & Baby Boomers ('44-'64) hey you silver fox

Votes: 29 7.5%
  • Manual & Mature (pre '44) aka wise, sage af

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Auto & Mature (pre '44) aka wise, sage af

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am GenX, but I act like a GenZ.
I cannot be constrained by the boundaries of this demographic survey.
What in the hell does gen z act like?
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm surprised how even they are in nearly all age ranges.

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What in the hell does gen z act like?
I am a GenX that acts like a GenZ. What does that mean?
1. Work in an AGILE way rather than water fall GANTT chart way.
2. Don't use clip art or 3D charts when I want to express my feelings to others in business.
3. Can make it through entire lap of FORZA without drifting into the fields and almost hitting a herd of sheep and have played and enjoyed NBA2K WNBA edition more than the men's version because there is way more strategy.
4. Use at least 17 hashtags per day and do not use Facebook at all.
5. Make a career shift every few years.
6. I have recorded a You Tube video series.
7. I once showed up at a 5K to run, even though I never ran 5K continuously in my life. I just figured it could not be worse than my cross fit class which I skipped out on to run the race. I beat more than half my age group ... But would have finished near the bottom for Gen Z.
8. I value experiences way more than things...Specifically nature, culture and food experiences.
9. I prefer Detroit City FC over the Detroit Tigers.
10. I make data driven decisions.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am a GenX that acts like a GenZ.
9. I prefer Detroit City FC over the Detroit Tigers.
Ok, so based on the fact alone that you are a GenX and watch Soccer over anything, I think it's time we remove your GenX title and ship you back to Europe....Hell I'd watch bowling before soccer any day of the week!

But back to the action....
GenX - Auto. I've driven plenty of sticks, but spend a year or 2 in NJ rush hour traffic and the fun-ness of the stick will fade real quick.

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My decision is more about having a vehicle my wife can drive too. She doesn't know how and doesn't want to learn how to drive a manual. I'm Gen X, she's a Millennial.

Sponsored

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, so based on the fact alone that you are a GenX and watch Soccer over anything, I think it's time we remove your GenX title and ship you back to Europe....Hell I'd watch bowling before soccer any day of the week!

But back to the action....
GenX - Auto. I've driven plenty of sticks, but spend a year or 2 in NJ rush hour traffic and the fun-ness of the stick will fade real quick.
haha! Like I said, I am a GenX that acts like a GenZ. By the way, I see more GenZ fans at Detroit City FC matches than at baseball games. This is a serious problem for baseball right now.

Detroit City FC is not just "soccer" and it definitely is NOT the milquetoast boring "MLS" that you may be thinking of... It is a fan base that is so passionate, that they end up becoming your good friends.

While baseball teams were trying to outdo themselves with cardboard cutouts of fans-paying-money in the stands this week, the DCFC supporter group created an AI Robot capable of deploying 75 smoke bombs per match. Even though there was no one in the stands due to COVID, they managed to stop play in the women's match this weekend, by smoking out the field right after a goal.

And I would say this photo shows how DCFC soccer is a not nearly a boring as you might think.

mondi with the right foot.jpg

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

still on the fence, I've owned only MT cars for the past 13 years and would like for others to drive in case I get injured doing my hobbies that this car would take me to or for long road trips.

but its fun, acts as a theft deterrent, and it's not often I ride as passenger in my own car. I guess im a bit controlling in the sense that I have a difficult time trusting others to drive my cars

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello humans,

I'm not one to create threads without due diligence for searching previous ones.
These come kind of close
ish: badging, porque manuél?, order plans; but still don't provide us with conclusive, quantitative data on which gearshift your soft warm palms will be caressing.

So here we are. I want to understand in a data-driven, inclusive, receptive, unprejudiced, impartial, undogmatic, neutral, non-partisan, anti-discriminatory, objective, approach on which transmission you plan on going with for your Bronco or Bronca.

Don't worry, all results are anonymous so no worries on unmasking the years of your wisdom.
Just want to understand the market and demographical landscape as we head into the new world order.

Feel free to drop a comment to say hi ✌

Cheers
It's early AM here in SoCal and your post made me chuckle. A nice start to the day when all the days lately seem so un-humerous. I'll complete the survey!

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

haha! Like I said, I am a GenX that acts like a GenZ. By the way, I see more GenZ fans at Detroit City FC matches than at baseball games. This is a serious problem for baseball right now.

Detroit City FC is not just "soccer" and it definitely is NOT the milquetoast boring "MLS" that you may be thinking of... It is a fan base that is so passionate, that they end up becoming your good friends.

While baseball teams were trying to outdo themselves with cardboard cutouts of fans-paying-money in the stands this week, the DCFC supporter group created an AI Robot capable of deploying 75 smoke bombs per match. Even though there was no one in the stands due to COVID, they managed to stop play in the women's match this weekend, by smoking out the field right after a goal.

And I would say this photo shows how DCFC soccer is a not nearly a boring as you might think.
Yeah baseball hasn't been my thing since the late 70's early 80's. Moved on to bigger better sports.... if you can't see 2 goalies fighting, then it must not be a sport!!

Ford Bronco Understanding the demographical Bronco buyer landscape: Manual v. Automatic Transmission LancheWings

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Results of this may be skewed as certain options require the automatic transmission. Options which I imagine are going to be very popular choices.
Sasquatch and 2.7 engine both require automatic if i'm not mistaken.
If you look at the Compare site, the Sasquatch package is no longer listed as requiring an automatic transmission but the 2.7 engine still requires it. From that page, comparing Base and Badlands:

Ford Bronco Understanding the demographical Bronco buyer landscape: Manual v. Automatic Transmission SasquatchOption_LI

Ford Bronco Understanding the demographical Bronco buyer landscape: Manual v. Automatic Transmission V-6Option_LI

I agree the results are skewed though. They could be titled "Who is More Likely to Respond to an Online Survey."

Reactions: RLW

Sponsored

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As one in the baby boomer category I voted auto, but I have a caveat. If I were buying for me to drive exclusively I would buy a manual. But, since my Bronco will also be a road trip of 5K+ miles it needs to be an auto just in case the wife wants, or needs to drive. She can drive a manual, but hell hasn't frozen over yet. ? :ROFLMAO:
True enough on the Auto requirement. If I stroke out on the way to the PNW I'd like my wife to be able to at least get vehicle to side of road while she waits for ambulance lol.

Also, as SoCal is nothing but traffic congestion you have to have great leg muscles to handle the non-stop shifting in stop and go traffic in addition to extreme patience. It is what it is.

So, I guess I have to go automatic even if I didn't care about wife getting vehicle to side of road (I never let her drive as she scares the heck out of me) so I would only let her drive in the event of a medical emergency! It is what it is.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So what is the generation after Z? Or is this the last generation? Are we back at the start of the alphabet? Do we add a second A? Generation AA?

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello humans,

I'm not one to create threads without due diligence for searching previous ones.
These come kind of close
ish: badging, porque manuél?, order plans; but still don't provide us with conclusive, quantitative data on which gearshift your soft warm palms will be caressing.

So here we are. I want to understand in a data-driven, inclusive, receptive, unprejudiced, impartial, undogmatic, neutral, non-partisan, anti-discriminatory, objective, approach on which transmission you plan on going with for your Bronco or Bronca.

Don't worry, all results are anonymous so no worries on unmasking the years of your wisdom.
Just want to understand the market and demographical landscape as we head into the new world order.

Feel free to drop a comment to say hi ✌

Cheers
What was left out of Survey was income level!

I haven't bought a new car in years and by some statistical measures I may be able to afford car payments more than others (but do I want to?). Does income level affect auto vs stick or evenmodel choice? What about deciding during Covid?

I am blown away by how expensive all new vehicles are which has kept me from purchasing new in the past.

OP
OP
icavedin

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
What was left out of Survey was income level!

I haven't bought a new car in years and by some statistical measures I may be able to afford car payments more than others (but do I want to?). Does income level affect auto vs stick or evenmodel choice? What about deciding during Covid?

I am blown away by how expensive all new vehicles are which has kept me from purchasing new in the past.
Missed opportunity huh?
Should’ve also baked in political parties to make this thread even juicier. :geek:

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Loll @icavedin

Gen-Y here... I don’t know how to drive a manual so automatic for me. I know so lame ?
Sponsored