Leland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi all,

I have been reading a lot... and I mean a lot about the model year move. As someone who has not gotten a letter, but is expecting it any day now, as there are still a lot of people ahead of me, I wanted to understand where things will stand with Ford when I get the letter. My dealership is not helpful in getting information clarified to me. So here I am asking a few questions so I can be better prepared once I receive the letter:

1. So I have to go to the dealership to rebuild my Bronco? Will this create a new order number? Isn't our place in line tied to the order number/Dealer Code?
  2. Will the cost go up? I hear Ford is supposed to be offsetting the cost with Rebates, but what if the dealer cost have gone up regarding fees? Who covers that? Rebuilding could void the existing contract I have with the dealership, meaning I can loose all the old pricing and there is nothing I can do about it, rebates be damned.
  3. Does the line start over? My logic here is that when the orders at the factory drop to the production team, if I am 5th in line based off the new allocations, but I haven't been able to get the dealership to update my order (Due to their scheduling), where does that leave me in line?
I know that no one works for Ford here, so I know the answers aren't official, but I know a lot of you have better dealerships than I do. So Here I am asking away.

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealers just today received the 2023MY playbooks that explains how the conversion will work. Should take them a day or two to digest it themselves and I’m sure we’ll hear from our dealers and/or Ford again in the next week or so.

And if you don’t hear from your dealer in the next week, I’m sure the information will make its way on here eventually.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Will the cost go up? I hear Ford is supposed to be offsetting the cost with Rebates, but what if the dealer cost have gone up regarding fees? Who covers that?
Being a MY22 walk-in order, you were price protected for the two mid-year increases -- as long as you make the MY22 production cut. From what I've read here, if you get bumped to MY23, you may have to pay MY23 prices. Hopefully we'll know definitively soon enough.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From past experience with a pinch of speculation:

1. Reorder can be done online and no need to go in person (unless COVP requires a urine sample or something). Dealer will convert your existing order to a MY23 so place in line will remain. Yes, you can make changes but will probably be at risk of voiding any pp should you have it.
2. Is the Pope Catholic? The answer to mine and your question about price increases are both yes. As stated, there should be pp in place for those who qualify. As far as a dealer fee increase or adm, be sure to get your new agreed upon order and price in writing and signed to avoid any delivery shenanigans.
3. Line stays as is. However, allocations and constraints are more of a factor

OP
OP
NewBootGoofin

NewBootGoofin

Wildtrak
First Name
Leland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The dealers just today received the 2023MY playbooks that explains how the conversion will work. Should take them a day or two to digest it themselves and I’m sure we’ll hear from our dealers and/or Ford again in the next week or so.

And if you don’t hear from your dealer in the next week, I’m sure the information will make its way on here eventually.
Ok, I will give them some time to digest the information before I reach back out. I thought they would like me as I never reach out to them ever to ask questions, but they still seemed annoyed that I reach out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NewBootGoofin

NewBootGoofin

Wildtrak
First Name
Leland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From past experience with a pinch of speculation:

1. Reorder can be done online and no need to go in person (unless COVP requires a urine sample or something). Dealer will convert your existing order to a MY23 so place in line will remain. Yes, you can make changes but will probably be at risk of voiding any pp should you have it.
2. Is the Pope Catholic? The answer to mine and your question about price increases are both yes. As stated, there should be pp in place for those who qualify. As far as a dealer fee increase or adm, be sure to get your new agreed upon order and price in writing and signed to avoid any delivery shenanigans.
3. Line stays as is. However, allocations and constraints are more of a factor
I had them put everything in writing, including a no market price adjustment or increase over MSRP. I know when I went shopping for a car for my wife three months ago, the dealer fees ranged from $400 to $3,000 in documentation fees, title fees, ect... and im in SC.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi all,

I have been reading a lot... and I mean a lot about the model year move. As someone who has not gotten a letter, but is expecting it any day now, as there are still a lot of people ahead of me, I wanted to understand where things will stand with Ford when I get the letter. My dealership is not helpful in getting information clarified to me. So here I am asking a few questions so I can be better prepared once I receive the letter:

1. So I have to go to the dealership to rebuild my Bronco? Will this create a new order number? Isn't our place in line tied to the order number/Dealer Code?
  2. Will the cost go up? I hear Ford is supposed to be offsetting the cost with Rebates, but what if the dealer cost have gone up regarding fees? Who covers that? Rebuilding could void the existing contract I have with the dealership, meaning I can loose all the old pricing and there is nothing I can do about it, rebates be damned.
  3. Does the line start over? My logic here is that when the orders at the factory drop to the production team, if I am 5th in line based off the new allocations, but I haven't been able to get the dealership to update my order (Due to their scheduling), where does that leave me in line?
I know that no one works for Ford here, so I know the answers aren't official, but I know a lot of you have better dealerships than I do. So Here I am asking away.

Thanks for the help.
At this moment, the rockstars are converting unscheduled MY'22 orders to MY'23 orders. The dealers playbook was released today and the dealer's order guide is still on schedule to be released on 9/19. On 9/21, dealers will begin updating the converted orders and following through with COVP. It doesn't have to be done in person, but it is advisable if there has been communication issues in the past to ensure no miscommunication.

Price will increase and any agreement you had will have to be agreed upon again. Some orders (pre 3/19/21) are price protected. Ford has not stated if any price protection will be extended to new MY'22 orders that weren't scheduled.

The "line" only exists at your dealer and even then it is only a factor that will take priority over identical builds. But the first round of scheduling for MY'23 will happen 10/6. If your converted MY'23 order is not updated before then, you will not be scheduled. Once your order is updated, then you will take your place in line at your dealer.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Price will increase and any agreement you had will have to be agreed upon again. Some orders (pre 3/19/21) are price protected. Ford has not stated if any price protection will be extended to new MY'22 orders that weren't scheduled.
Have you seen the Playbook? If so, what are the restrictions on a pre 3/19/21 order to maintain PP? There was a date this spring where changes beyond were no longer allowed. Being we are entering a new model year, can we make changes at the time of reorder and maintain the PP?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2023 Bronco Timeline Overview
DATEACTION
September 6
  • Customer communication sent to unscheduled order holders for end of 22MY scheduling/23MY changeover
September 8
  • 22MY scheduling completed
September 8-18
  • Ford is completing model year conversion from 2022 model year to 2023 in their ordering system (WBDO). All orders will be in 99 priority code (“do not build”). Orders will not be eligible for scheduling until dealers update/confirm 23MY orders with customers.
September 19
  • 23MY order guide published
September 21
  • 23MY order bank opens for dealer stock only. 22MY > 23MY carryover orders open for editing. Ford.com 23MY Build & Price launches.
  • Customer communication sent to order holders: “Order Bank Open”
  • Dealers will meet with customers to update/confirm order. Order holders must update/confirm by November 21.
  • Once complete, dealers will remove 99-priority code, identifying orders as eligible for scheduling. Actual production timing will continue to be prioritized according to reservation, vehicle model and configuration, part availability, and the number of vehicles your dealer receives.
September 28
  • Customer communication sent to unconverted reservation holders: “Order Bank Open”
  • Dealers will work with customers to place their orders by November 21.
  • Once complete, orders will be eligible for scheduling. Actual production timing will continue to be prioritized according to the time they were reserved, vehicle model and configuration, part availability, and the number of vehicles your dealer receives.
Early October
  • 2023 model year scheduling begins

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
correct, but he can at least see what level of PP he falls in to get an idea of whether he might be protected or not. I didn't notice a reservation or order date so he might not know even the basics

(but now I see in light gray text at bottom in his signature his info...) so he might already know. OOPS!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you seen the Playbook? If so, what are the restrictions on a pre 3/19/21 order to maintain PP? There was a date this spring where changes beyond were no longer allowed. Being we are entering a new model year, can we make changes at the time of reorder and maintain the PP?
No I don't have access. The link to my response on another thread was a screenshot taken from the Blue Oval forums.

From my use of price protection, it is only based on the prior order's build. For example, if you ordered an OBX, then the private offer (PP) in Smart Vincent was the difference from MY'21 OBX --> MY'22 OBX. If you switch trims to say a WT, you are not getting the difference between the model years for the WT.

When the MY'23 order banks open, you will have to update your converted order. But there will be items that need to be added/changed to reflect options available. For example, the past 2 years the headliner was included on the MIC free of charge. It will no longer be free so you have to option it on the MY'23 order if you want it. Also, every unscheduled CO order is being converted to Shadow Black. If you don't want a Black Bronco then you'll have to make changes.

So any private offers (PP) in Smart Vincent for MY'23 will be based on the build prior to it being locked.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That makes sense but as of maybe March of '22 if you made any major changes, you lost the PP. That is what I wanted clarified. Being a new model year, do you keep PP if you make a major change for '23? PP would be based on a specific model ordered at a certain point in time (the private offer). Same way as for the '22 reorder only adding another year of increases to the offer for '23.

My order has been exactly the same since Feb of '21. Being so much time has passed through no fault of mine, I would like to make some changes for '23. More than a simple color change.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That makes sense but as of maybe March of '22 if you made any major changes, you lost the PP. That is what I wanted clarified. Being a new model year, do you keep PP if you make a major change for '23? PP would be based on a specific model ordered at a certain point in time (the private offer). Same way as for the '22 reorder only adding another year of increases to the offer for '23.

My order has been exactly the same since Feb of '21. Being so much time has passed through no fault of mine, I would like to make some changes for '23. More than a simple color change.
No one is going to be able to give you a definitive answer for MY'23 PP as Ford hasn't communicated anything officially. We all are going off of the PP policy that is in place and the fact that Ford did commit to MY'23 PP last year. They have not committed to PP for MY'24.
Sponsored