Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, I am coming to find out that there is nothing like ordering with Lou Fusz Ford. I placed a reservation in july 2020 for a Bronco. I chose Lou Fusz Ford due to my 10+ years of sterling experience with Lou Fusz Kia. I sadly assumed that the Lou Fusz brand was a trust-worthy, well-oiled machine.

In the beginning, I was in communication almost immediately with my assigned sales person (Corey Hughes) regularly. Corey did an outstanding job, answered all my questions with honesty and clarity, and responded timely.

I ended up needing to place two orders with him due to supply chain constraints. However, this was not a troublesome situation because the communication was fantastic, and the constraints were not from the dealership, but rather, Ford production. And then, the Ford sales manager entered into the frayā€¦

I recognized almost immediately that there was going to be a problem. On February 22, 2021, I was asked to make an additional $1500 down-payment for the privilege of selecting the Lou Fusz Ford dealership. As it was explained to me, this would ensure that the customer, me, would not back out of a purchase and impact the dealershipā€™s percentage metrics with Ford to deliver vehicles to reservation holders. I wrote the check, and was committed. In conversations with the sales manager, he made it abundantly clear that he did not care about my commitment; just the $1500.

Orders were due March 19 for 2021 Broncos and the Ford Company incentives that came with them. March 26th arrived with an email from Ford about a commodity constraint impacting my order that would likely push delivery of my July 13, 2020 reservation to potentially september 2021, at the earliest. Again, I reassured Corey that this was not a problem and all was set to proceed as is with the order.

On June 26th, another email from Ford arrived, this time suggesting the constrained commodity would push me to a potential (unknown) 2023 model year at the earliest possible. Since I was no longer taking delivery in 2021, and had no idea when it would occur, I made a request to have some, if not all, of my $1500 returned. Sales Manager Corey Laneman not only declared that he would not do this, but also threatened to cancel my reservation entirely.

I knew then what I know todayā€¦ I should not have trusted this dealership. I was very displeased with the response, since that was no right of his to extort. Not only was he using Ford Company incentives on my reservation to hold me hostage, but he was threatening the prospect of canceling my order with Ford without my consent.

I relented from my request of my funds and communication from anyone at the dealership halted.

October arrived with a new opportunity to place an order for model year 2022 and potentially switch dealerships. After communicating with Corey Hughes, I felt convinced thatI wouldnā€™t have any unsuspected hiccups or additional ADM. Corey took exceptional notes and my confidence was restored. I placed my order with the notion that I would put down a large down payment on my Bronco, and then finance the rest. However, Corey accepted a new position and my sales representative switched to Alondra. Her lack of enthusiasm, knowledge, and communication were shocking. The only reason I discovered my build date and VIN# was through Fordā€™s online resources and customer service. Frankly, any information I uncovered was either from Fordā€™s customer service department, or Ford emails. Any questions I submitted to Alondra were ignored or glossed over.

When I got the build email from Ford on March 17th, I knew we were getting close enough that we could start talking finance rates. I knew my credit score and was ready to get all my ducks in a row for the potential early-to-mid April Delivery. Alondra became very evasive in her communication.

Therefore, I knew then that I should make other financing plans and come to the table approved with the remaining money after my down-payment. I was quickly pre-approved for a great rate (2.49-2.99% depending on the number of months) and all I needed was the official Buyerā€™s Order from Lou Fusz Ford. When I asked thisā€¦ Alondra became a ghost. No one would respond to my request. I explained what was going on to the company backing my loan and they discovered how difficult it was to work with Alondra and Corey Laneman, who avoided calls.

Fortunately, I had contingency plans in case Lou Fusz Ford went full-bore unethical. The delivery of my vehicle was a 5 hour clown-show. Not only was I talked to in a condescending manner in front of my father, who was only there because he didnā€™t want me to be stuck there when all the signs pointed to Lou Fusz Ford acting without my best interests, but I was threatened with losing the right to purchase the Bronco I reserved and waited 632 Days to make delivery on.

They withheld information, refused to show their work, blamed the Ford Motor Company for misleading customers, blatantly disregarded FACTS ON FORDā€™s WEBSITE, and told me how horribly other customers responded to their closing tactics. The arrogance was off the charts!

They even tried to claim information was up to date with obsolete information. Mr Laneman used a document dated January 12, 2021 to justify a Ford rebate for 2021 Guaranteed Pricing, even though I correctly asserted the fact an additional price change, reflected in my February 2, 2021 & March 24th Window Sticker, occurred on February 14, 2022, almost a month and a half before the Delivery Date. I am unsure how Mr. Laneman can deny a rebate from the actual Ford Motor Company.

The Sales Managerā€™s Response was essentially accept it or weā€™ll sell your Bronco for $10K over the asking price to the next customer. I should add that he did verbally claim he could be trusted to call and tell me if the remaining $2K was discovered. No phone call has occurred, and I am sure that it never will occur.

The next topic was the financing. I was capable, but not allowed, to buy the vehicle with my own financing. I had NO DESIRE for the financing being forced from the dealership, and had NO IDEA AT WHAT RATE I had to accept in that moment, because regardless if I had a cashierā€™s check for the full cost, he was not going to sell me the vehicle.

Iā€™d like to add here that prior to my arrival to the dealership on 4/5/2022, I asked Alondra over the phone what form of money should I provide for my down-payment. Her response was they would accept cash, check, cashierā€™s check, but only $3K on credit. So, prior to showing up, I was informed my money was in fact acceptable, but apparently just not to the Sales Manager Cory Laneman (Discriminatory Practice I wonder?).

The story continues with the knowledge I needed to finance with their bank or lose my right as a 2021 Reservation Holder to buy the vehicle I reserved the night of the Ford Bronco Launch, July 13, 2020. I answered questions for a credit query I was well aware was rated Excellent (March 23, 2022 Inquiry for 2.49% Financing through West Community Credit Union), and the Sales Manager soon revealed that not only did I qualify for an egregious rate (6.84%!!!!), but I had to make a minimum of 3-months worth of payments until I could refinance.

When I balkedā€¦ his claims were ā€œwe donā€™t apply ADM like other Dealerships,ā€ ā€œthis is how we make our money,ā€ ā€œI will only make 1% from the interest generated from this loan,ā€ ā€œweā€™ve done business like this for years,ā€ ā€œwhen was the last time you bought a new vehicle,ā€ ā€œgiving you the Regional Ford Saleā€™s Repā€™s contact information will get me fired,ā€ and ā€œwe are philanthropic in St Louis.ā€

It was enough to make my dad bury his face and voice extreme disappointment.

Soā€¦ I included my own personal clauses on the contract and signed after the Sales Manager Corey Laneman initialed on my clauses.

My enthusiasm COMPLETELY VANISHED. I wrapped up in the finance managerā€™s (Bryan Andersonā€™s) office, who I felt was the most genuine person I dealt with during that whole April 5th experience.

I only gave him a 4/5 because he told me how to fill out the survey.

The night culminated with no demonstration of features on a $54K vehicle, and a half-hour excruciating drive home where I ranted to my wife. Since my purchase date, no one from the dealership has reached out to show me any details on my vehicle.

Iā€™ve never understood the expression ā€œthat made me sick to my stomach,ā€ until I found myself buying A RESERVE/ORDERED vehicle from Lou Fusz Ford. I slept so poorly, because I was so upset by how the whole ordeal went that I just kept thinking about what I could or should have done differently.

What I realized was what I could doā€¦ recall it as best as I couldā€¦ ALL OF ITā€¦ and share my truth of the unethical manner in which Lou Fusz Ford conducts their business.

Iā€™m at peace with what happened. I can only hope this helps someone attempting to or going through the process of buying a very expensive asset. Thank you for allowing me to therapeutically release remaining feelings.

4/10 Update:
just a follow up, I proceeded to file an internal investigation with the Missouri Attorney General, and a filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Also, I included 1* Reviews on the following Review Sites:

Dealerrater.com (will be published 4/25)
Yelp.com
Google.com

I would greatly appreciate any support, by apply a thumbs up or ā€œThis was Helpfulā€ on the Reviews.

it sucks it had to come to this.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They want you to keep their financing for the 3 months to ensure that they get to keep the origination fee. If it's not explicit in the finance contract with the finance company itself, go refinance that thing with your bank of choice. I had mine refinanced within the week with who I originally wanted it through.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And people wonder why folks would rather purchase from Granger, Chapman, or SAC.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yuck. Definitely refi asap, hit them back how you can.

And drive the wheels off it, it's a blast and will help you get over it.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I refinanced within 3 weeks for my wifes Explorer order and will do the exact same with my Bronco once it comes in. They didn't say i couldn't for 3 months so i did it asap. About 2% less interest. I didn't buy their extended warranty and just signed and got out the door instead of worrying about their interest rate on their paper because i knew i was dropping it anyway. That's some shady shit but not surprising in todays world it would seem. Once you get the payment books from the loaning bank call and ask what the 10 day payoff is and then use your own funding.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They want you to keep their financing for the 3 months to ensure that they get to keep the origination fee. If it's not explicit in the finance contract with the finance company itself, go refinance that thing with your bank of choice. I had mine refinanced within the week with who I originally wanted it through.
^^^This, go refinance that thing ASAP. Screw the dealership like they did you. There isn't a thing they can do about it.......

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
^^^This, go refinance that thing ASAP. Screw the dealership like they did you. There isn't a thing they can do about it.......
After you do it, call them just to let them know you did it

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you sign an agreement to keep the loan for 3 months? If so what did it state the consequences were if you didnā€™t? Also if not pay off that loan now with the check from your own finance company.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked Alondra over the phone what form of money should I provide for my down-payment. Her response was they would accept cash, check, cashierā€™s check, but only $3K on credit. So, prior to showing up, I was informed my money was in fact acceptable, but apparently just not to the Sales Manager Cory Laneman (Discriminatory Practice I wonder?).
Geez @Marauder, at what point do you just walk? I see why you didn't, but what a drama. This sounds horrible and so sorry you've had to work through this mess.

Need to ask what exactly did you mean by the last part of the quoted passage above? What would make any of this discrimination? Fraud, maybe and a few other coercive things.

Now that you've taken possession, have you reviewed the dealership online? Called Ford corporate? Consulted a lawyer?

Did you record any of the exchange at the dealer? For anyone else, just take out your phone and let them know you're recording. If they refuse, do it anyway. If you bring a spouse or dad, buddy, whoever, have them start a voice memo on the phone at the same time. Technically, they're a 3rd party observer if not included in the sales transaction.

Anyway, as others have said, refi that loan and reach out to Ford Motor Company.

I won't judge guys who take it in the rear to get their vehicle after all this time; I totally get it. But, at some point, this experience, which has to be the worst in recent auto sales history, will come back to bite both Ford and the dealership cabal that has run amok these past 2 years.

Don't have my Bronco yet and just hoping that the dealership I chose here in Atlanta doesn't try any of this stuff. They've been fine thus far, but can't lie that I'm a bit scared and will be on defense. Already have discussed this with my lawyer. At first, thought he'd laugh, but he didn't and was very serious that these scams and shady practices have become very normalized these days.

I have taken to asking candidates for state office about proposing a bill to dissolve the dealership network monopoly. I play golf, attend events, and have business dealings with a few and this thought is starting to gain traction; at least here in Georgia. Try to bring it up where you live.

If I have a bad experience, this may be my only Ford purchase.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Geez @Marauder, at what point do you just walk? I see why you didn't, but what a drama. This sounds horrible and so sorry you've had to work through this mess.

Need to ask what exactly did you mean by the last part of the quoted passage above? What would make any of this discrimination? Fraud, maybe and a few other coercive things.
I appreciate your response.

By no means am I classically trained in legal terminology, but I applied the question because ā€œdiscriminatory practiceā€ is fairly broad. It can mean anything from skin color, to cultural heritage, to eye color, to age, social status, etc.

I struggle to rationally understand why my Benjamin Franklins would be different than anyone elseā€™s and I donā€™t believe such a tactic would be truly used on someone off the street who had the ability to write a check for the an amount required to take delivery in that very moment.

Maybe I was discriminated on because I was a Ford MoCo consumer with a reservation, and they used that as leverage against me. Somehow, my credit score is good enough for 2.49% elsewhere, but 6.84% take it or leave it because I had waited for 634 days?

To make matters more frustrating with my situation, because they actively and willfully neglecting to engage with my bank. Whatā€™s the difference between a guaranteed check from an accredited banking institution versus the one they forced upon me?

So, thereā€™s a LOT that was wrong with their handling of the delivery, but Iā€™m not trained in such a manner that I can fully ascertain the level of wrong I think experienced. Thereā€™s nothing illegal about being a dbag.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Geez @Marauder
Now that you've taken possession, have you reviewed the dealership online? Called Ford corporate? Consulted a lawyer?

Did you record any of the exchange at the dealer? For anyone else, just take out your phone and let them know you're recording. If they refuse, do it anyway. If you bring a spouse or dad, buddy, whoever, have them start a voice memo on the phone at the same time. Technically, they're a 3rd party observer if not included in the sales transaction.

Anyway, as others have said, refi that loan and reach out to Ford Motor Company.

I won't judge guys who take it in the rear to get their vehicle after all this time; I totally get it. But, at some point, this experience, which has to be the worst in recent auto sales history, will come back to bite both Ford and the dealership cabal that has run amok these past 2 years.

Don't have my Bronco yet and just hoping that the dealership I chose here in Atlanta doesn't try any of this stuff. They've been fine thus far, but can't lie that I'm a bit scared and will be on defense. Already have discussed this with my lawyer. At first, thought he'd laugh, but he didn't and was very serious that these scams and shady practices have become very normalized these days.

I have taken to asking candidates for state office about proposing a bill to dissolve the dealership network monopoly. I play golf, attend events, and have business dealings with a few and this thought is starting to gain traction; at least here in Georgia. Try to bring it up where you live.

If I have a bad experience, this may be my only Ford purchase.
I know I wrote a novel, but I mentioned how I had contingencies in place. I had a lot of trust in the Financial Agent I was working with ahead of time and through my own experience in the auto industry, through discussions with her, and continuously battling for gaps in logic in Lou Fusz Fordā€™s Sales Manager, I felt confident I could undo everything they were trying to force on me with minimum damage.

Had I walked away, then Iā€™d of still gotten screwed by them, but then I wouldnā€™t have the vehicle nor Off-Road Driving School experience. Itā€™s why the only real concern I had was the missing $2K from Fordā€™s MY21 Price Protection for the 2DR Badlands.

I was prepared ahead of time and I bought a lot of time during negotiations, firing real-time updates here, and the several ensuing Direct Messages from the community. I canā€™t stress enough how empowering the collective community was.

In the end, I confirmed my 262K Ford Points can be obtained from other Dealerships, that the 3-Month Requirement was a hollow clause with no ramifications behind paying it off immediately, and I can likely prevent the jerk from even gaining a commission from it.

So, in reality, I really just gave them a chance to save face and not crush them publicly. Sure, I have ā€œmore steps,ā€ to undo this, but Iā€™m incredibly motivatedā€¦

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are absolutely right. I just need to get the clear title; which is happening immediately!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I appreciate your response.

By no means am I classically trained in legal terminology, but I applied the question because ā€œdiscriminatory practiceā€ is fairly broad. It can mean anything from skin color, to cultural heritage, to eye color, to age, social status, etc.

I struggle to rationally understand why my Benjamin Franklins would be different than anyone elseā€™s and I donā€™t believe such a tactic would be truly used on someone off the street who had the ability to write a check for the an amount required to take delivery in that very moment.

Maybe I was discriminated on because I was a Ford MoCo consumer with a reservation, and they used that as leverage against me. Somehow, my credit score is good enough for 2.49% elsewhere, but 6.84% take it or leave it because I had waited for 634 days?

To make matters more frustrating with my situation, because they actively and willfully neglecting to engage with my bank. Whatā€™s the difference between a guaranteed check from an accredited banking institution versus the one they forced upon me?

So, thereā€™s a LOT that was wrong with their handling of the delivery, but Iā€™m not trained in such a manner that I can fully ascertain the level of wrong I think experienced. Thereā€™s nothing illegal about being a dbag.
Well, there is something illegal about fraud or an attempt to create a situation in which you as a customer is defrauded or coerced out of a standard practice transaction.

To be discrimination, you'd need to be a member of a protected class (federal). However, that's not the only remedy available to you. Your state Attorney General would likely want to hear about your experience with this dealership. Particularly forcing you into an inflated financing situation with no recourse other than to abandon your order.

Thing is, most people just eat this type of behavior, get screwed, then move on, but this isn't right. In order for such practices to cease, people need to stand their ground and follow through on reporting such an incident. Sure, you told us here on the internets, but not many will read this thread, yet many will suffer a similar fate.

Contact Ford and your state AG's office. They have a consumer protection bureau and even if they just call or send a letter, it should scare your dealership. Your deal can also be reworked for a few days after, maybe a week or so. Now that you have possession, you can basically do what you want to them.

Anyway, you do have options.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, there is something illegal about fraud or an attempt to create a situation in which you as a customer is defrauded or coerced out of a standard practice transaction.

To be discrimination, you'd need to be a member of a protected class (federal). However, that's not the only remedy available to you. Your state Attorney General would likely want to hear about your experience with this dealership. Particularly forcing you into an inflated financing situation with no recourse other than to abandon your order.

Thing is, most people just eat this type of behavior, get screwed, then move on, but this isn't right. In order for such practices to cease, people need to stand their ground and follow through on reporting such an incident. Sure, you told us here on the internets, but not many will read this thread, yet many will suffer a similar fate.

Contact Ford and your state AG's office. They have a consumer protection bureau and even if they just call or send a letter, it should scare your dealership. Your deal can also be reworked for a few days after, maybe a week or so. Now that you have possession, you can basically do what you want to them.

Anyway, you do have options.
Agreed. Ford has been contacted, but their system was having some sort of issues Friday, so Iā€™ll be on the phone Monday ASAP.

thatā€™s also a great point about the Missouri AG. Thatā€™s something I will be pursuing, too. Step one was really getting this articulated.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
The reason they forced you to finance with them is to make money off you. They probably got the same 2.49% rate through their source, and jacked it up to 6.84% in order to keep the 4.35% difference.
Sponsored