Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm needing to put in my bronco for service for three things. The biggest is some sort of misaligned front passenger window. When I have the door nearly shut the window is pressing so hard on that little pillar I feel I'm going to break the window shutting it. The driver side does not have this problem. When I have the window cracked and go over mild road it also feels like it's going to shatter (I've heard a bunch have this issue). Also the bronco flashes it's hazards every time the auto start stop stops the engine or I turn the engine off. And last my 2.7 is exhibiting a ticking noise regardless of engine temp or how long it's been on. No performance issues at all, but at offrodeo I listened to all 20+ of those 2.7's and none had this problem. I want to get ahead of it if there is something problematic. Edit: my 2.7 build date in Dec 2021 so past the time of those 2.7 failure window from the bronco6g thread.

Now to the point. I called Damerow then landmark for service and tried to get a loaner which was like pulling teeth. I had to call Damerow twice and the second time they said they work with a rental car company which provides rentals for $44/day at the lowest. I'm responsible 100% until ford approves and only up to $40/day so I'll still be responsible for $4/day. They are a month out. Landmark was similar, I had to throw the "I just bought a $62k msrp vehicle with less than 2k miles and now I have to buy a rental" at them before they said they offer discounted rentals, but once ford approves. Neither could tell me how long ford will approve rentals for (2 weeks? 2 months? who knows). I came from Jeep for the past 3 years and had a couple service appointments during COVID and the worst part about getting a loaner was I had to call because their automated system didn't offer them. I even got loaners for tire rotation/oil change with Jeep. What am I missing here? I'm not trying to act entitled, but is it unreasonable to expect alternate transportation for the duration of your vehicle being out of service? What has been your experience?
Sponsored

DalTXBtonco

Big Bend
First Name
Raleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jaguar XFR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Very few dealers offer that any more. A friend of mine had to have his motor replaced in his brand new Tahoe Z71 with 3k on it and it took 6 weeks to fix and all they did was pay one of his truck payments. It's not like the good old days.