Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubi, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I see a lot of posts bordering on disappointment with interior choices. Basically a lack of choices/options per model or across models.

I've thought hard about changing my choice on leather for the cheaper option even though I don't like Camo and then going with a product from a company from Katzins or similar to get the leather and color combinations I really want. Then the other side of my brain kicks in and tells me I'm crazy.

Anybody else thinking about this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's easy - just step down to OBX with roast leather, then option it back up to be like a Wildtrak. ;)

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m getting WT leather. I’m okay with it. I actually rode in a WT with leather at SuperCel. I really liked it in person. It’s a cliche, but you really need to see it in person. Pictures almost always have the wrong color/tint/hue.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm completely HAPPY with Bronco Interior Options! Black Diamond MGV is perfect for me.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm completely HAPPY with Bronco Interior Options! Black Diamond MGV
^^^ Ditto. Maybe I'm just lucky but I am 100% Satisfied with how the Black Diamond Interior is.

Sponsored

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the interior designers really dropped the ball on this vehicle.

An all black interior should have been standard on all trims.

The various two tone interiors are a huge risk. The appeal is a huge matter of taste and heavily influenced by the exterior color choice. Most of these interiors have too many non complimentary colors competing for attention... especially if you buy a 2Dr with body color showing on the interior doors.

My hope is the all-black First Edition interior becomes a standard choice in 2022.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m curious as to what other options people would prefer. I’m just happy they’re all dark or monotone choices. No more white, red, that ugly peanut butter color or baby blue. There are some things from the 70s that need to stay in the 70s.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I see a lot of posts bordering on disappointment with interior choices. Basically a lack of choices/options per model or across models.

I've thought hard about changing my choice on leather for the cheaper option even though I don't like Camo and then going with a product from a company from Katzins or similar to get the leather and color combinations I really want. Then the other side of my brain kicks in and tells me I'm crazy.

I did for quite awhile after the interior materials video dropped last Fall.

My reservation was after the Sept line-in-the-sand and I'm still thinking Wildtrak, but I had my reservation put as a code 99 for '22 M.Y to see what Ford will be tweaking, if they actually do.

I may end up changing my model choice, but I like and want the signature lighting, so it'll be limited to the ones that offer it.

That said, changing/updating the interior won't be much of an issue for me, personally, but I have the internal debate now and then whether it's worth the extra cost ($2k+). Especially if I go with a package like what RTR will offer and tag another $5k+ onto the vehicles price (depending on how they set up and option said package/packages).

Sponsored
OP
OP

TGoar

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubi, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did for quite awhile after the interior materials video dropped last Fall.

My reservation was after the Sept line-in-the-sand and I'm still thinking Wildtrak, but I had my reservation put as a code 99 for '22 M.Y to see what Ford will be tweaking, if they actually do.

I may end up changing my model choice, but I like and want the signature lighting, so it'll be limited to the ones that offer it.

That said, changing/updating the interior won't be much of an issue for me, personally, but I have the internal debate now and then whether it's worth the extra cost ($2k+). Especially if I go with a package like what RTR will offer and tag another $5k+ onto the vehicles price (depending on how they set up and option said package/packages).
I agree with you. I think that many of us are going spend a lot of fun hours thinking about how we are going to personalize our Bronco's. It's going to be a money pit for sure, but so have all my other cars. It really is the pleasure we all get from the flexibility of a platform like this. I think we are going to see some really impressive front and rear quarter panel and door designs that totally change the look.

My WT is scheduled for June 14th, my dealer tells me it usually takes 3 weeks including the build week before he sees it. I'm taking a 2 week vacation the first 2 weeks of July just to play with my new toy.

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did not like choices or lack thereof. I went with leather OBX from a reservation for WT. what I really wanted was power seats, can’t get that with cloth interior, of course so you have to get leather to get power, it’s all about profit on packages. They teased us with some rich looking ball-glove leather and then the interior designers didn’t get the memo…. If I keep vehicle long enough it will get interior redo. I hope it turns out to be a reliable vehicle.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I wont lie, I was sort of disappointed with the interior choices. I was going back and forth between the WT and BL simply because of the interior choices. I assume in a year or two we'll see a model come out with a more plush interior because it would be silly not to cater to that market.

Neither of the Bronco's at the event I got to attend were the BL or WT so it was hard for me to nail down my options. In the end I found some quality video that let me make the choice.

Also when I was speaking to the Ford rep at the event about the MGV with the rubber floors with the drain plug my wife said "oh you could just hose the inside out"...to which we both looked up at all the electronics everyone and asked if the electronics were water resitant. We were specifically told "don't get the electronics wet" which sort of defeats the purpose of the rest of the MGV build imo.

Also no center cup holder in the MGV is extremely stupid.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They need to fire the team who designed the interiors. Awful

In the very least, there should be a standard gray and standard black cloth option across all trims for those who dont want or need a super busy interior.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m curious as to what other options people would prefer. I’m just happy they’re all dark or monotone choices. No more white, red, that ugly peanut butter color or baby blue. There are some things from the 70s that need to stay in the 70s.
Like my purple shag carpeting LOL
Sponsored