Sponsored

Unnecessary mystery?/ Or the mother of retorical questions.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you ordered a 4 door soft top you will be getting it much earlier than what you stated. Agreed with the others make sure you have the price in writing as dealers have been playing with pricing at the time of pickup.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheMostToysWins

TheMostToysWins

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma Off Road,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I paid $100 to ford the night I made my res. When I finalized my order with my dealer in March 2021, the dealer never asked for another dime, and I didn't offer. They have been in regular email contact through this whole mess. Very happy with the dealer. But if he would have asked for a deposit, I would have told him to pound sand and found another dealer.
Do you have a signed sales order with the price on it? Or are they going to adm you when it arrives.

OP
OP
TheMostToysWins

TheMostToysWins

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma Off Road,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you ordered a 4 door soft top you will be getting it much earlier than what you stated. Agreed with the others make sure you have the price in writing as dealers have been playing with pricing at the time of pickup.
My hope as well that I’ll get it earlier. I was exaggerating the timeline because TBH they haven’t tried to share the info they do have which is the gist of my original post.

OP
OP
TheMostToysWins

TheMostToysWins

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma Off Road,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am not having trouble with any of the words. The grammar, and the lack of energy to spell out words, is the problem.
Nice to be amongst fellow car enthusiasts & 1 grammar nazi.

Sponsored

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s great, did you get a signed sales order with price? I’m not saying you wont get the deal with a handshake im just curious.
Yes but I've also bought a few cars from them over the years

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe it’s just me but given the actuarys at Fords ability to know what kind of food the average buyer eats, why cant they crunch the #’s and give some accurate (to within a few months)a build date for everyone who has placed an order. I understand that issues with the tops and other commodities making that more difficult to work through but they have enough data available to estimate how much time it will take to fix. I dont want to ramble any more but are they holding back the harder truth to save the deposit $ from being refunded? @ 1,000 per thats a lot of cash the dealers have to play with. I placed an order on 6/1/21 for a 4 dr obx lux softtop and if i was told not to expect delivery until the 4th quarter of 22 or begining of 23 I’d take back my money and order one after this storm blows over. Simply buy one from dealer stock ,no markup, whenever that happens to be.
Ford's gross sales in 2019 were 155 billion. I don't think 19 million in deposits (that weren't even collected by Ford corporate) matter. There are lots of other reasons why they may not want to deliver a walloping amount of bad news.

The $100 deposit was actually collected directly by the dealers. Check your credit card statement. And if you switched (as many of us did), that $100 was refunded by the original dealer and not collected by the new dealer.

The long and short is that if you didn't place your order until 6/1, you are behind a lot of other people. You may be able to move up the line some or quite a bit if you chose a configuration that avoids all of the problematic items. Heck, I'm a Day 1 reservation and won't be expecting mine until at least Q1 2022. :/

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You gave your dealer $1000?
Almost foolish not to.
I'd insist on a direct currency exchange, personally.
In my case, $400 (+ the res $100) and we signed an agreement spelling out all the pricing and fees, sales tax, etc etc. all the way down to an "Out the door" total price.

Having a signed purchase agreement and a currency exchange directly with the dealer at the time the document was signed goes a long, long way to strengthen your position if the dealer decides it has been a shitty sales year and wants to add an ADM.

Contracts protect both parties.

Judging by the posts that keep popping up here, I'd guess a lot of folks did not do their due diligence.

There are a lot of braggards talking about having nothing in the game ..... I'm dreading when these things start hitting the dealers lots and the unprotected get hit with these $10k+ ADM's. This place is going to melt down with all the flaming posts.

Sales have been HORRIBLE this year. They're going to try to make it up on the hottest car to hit the market in a long long time.

Broncos 4 evah

Black Diamond
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, the original deal from Ford was make a res, put $100 down, Bronco will be sold at MSRP. Thats what the dealer has been saying all along. No reason to doubt him yet.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The shaft is coming how much lube you need depends on your pain tolerance.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I paid the 100, e-mailed my build in January, authorized them to order in my name and go the assurance they'll honor xplan even though Ford does not. Got my Dora that day. Only ever spoke to my sales guy in person when the two Broncos came by on the show and tell tour. Never been inside the building. I don't expect them to screw me over, the have a great reputation that I'm sure they want to keep. Crazy how terrible some dealers seem to be elsewhere in the country.

I'd not have minded a bit more as deposit, but was happy they didn't ask for it. I'd NEVER pay a non-refundable deposit though, completely out of the question.

As for the original question, I really don't think Ford can give you a personalized possible build date this far out. I recently got my VIN and build week (which I'd not be surprised to see changing), but that means mine is scheduled to be built soon, so in a much smaller sub group of all orders. Maybe Ford could give you a "quarter 2 of 22" right now, but there are thousands of variables that might make that move and move again, which would just lead to frustration and more complaints. I'd have been happy not getting my VIN and build week actually, all I need is a message from the dealer that it's there and ready for pickup. Now I keep checking my email to see if Ford moved "my" date. I'd not do that if I didn't now :)
Sponsored