Sponsored

Unnecessary mystery?/ Or the mother of retorical questions.

OP
OP
TheMostToysWins

TheMostToysWins

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma Off Road,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford's gross sales in 2019 were 155 billion. I don't think 19 million in deposits (that weren't even collected by Ford corporate) matter. There are lots of other reasons why they may not want to deliver a walloping amount of bad news.

The $100 deposit was actually collected directly by the dealers. Check your credit card statement. And if you switched (as many of us did), that $100 was refunded by the original dealer and not collected by the new dealer.

The long and short is that if you didn't place your order until 6/1, you are behind a lot of other people. You may be able to move up the line some or quite a bit if you chose a configuration that avoids all of the problematic items. Heck, I'm a Day 1 reservation and won't be expecting mine until at least Q1 2022. :/
The $100 deposit went to Ford & I don’t know who has it currently,as for the $900 my dealer keeps that and will use it as they see fit until
the $1,000 gets credited toward my purchase or refunded if i don’t accept delivery.
Thanks I needed a good laugh
What’s funny? do you think the current climate will last forever ? in 2,3 or 4 years you’ll be able to walk in and buy one.

OP
OP
TheMostToysWins

TheMostToysWins

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma Off Road,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, the original deal from Ford was make a res, put $100 down, Bronco will be sold at MSRP. Thats what the dealer has been saying all along. No reason to doubt him yet.
If you don’t have a signed sales agreement you’re potentially asking for a big letdown unless you’re ok with an adm

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don’t have a signed sales agreement you’re potentially asking for a big letdown unless you’re ok with an adm
Not sure the sales agreement means much. They can still change their mind and decide on ADM if they want.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheMostToysWins

TheMostToysWins

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma Off Road,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure the sales agreement means much. They can still change their mind and decide on ADM if they want.
A bad dealer can do bad things but a sales agreement at least spells out the terms. It can’t hurt to have one.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The $100 deposit went to Ford & I don’t know who has it currently,as for the $900 my dealer keeps that and will use it as they see fit until
the $1,000 gets credited toward my purchase or refunded if i don’t accept delivery.
I'm replying not to drag this out, but to make clear for future readers: your initial $100 deposit when you made a reservation online did not go to Ford corporate. It was charged by and received by the dealer you chose.

Now, if you didn't use the reservation system that the vast majority of us used (I see that you didn't actually place an order until well after the reservation cut-off) it's possible your deposit was handled differently, but in any event, Ford corporate does not take the money. I'm not even sure dealer franchise laws would allow them to do that in many (most? all?) states.

OP
OP
TheMostToysWins

TheMostToysWins

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma Off Road,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm replying not to drag this out, but to make clear for future readers: your initial $100 deposit when you made a reservation online did not go to Ford corporate. It was charged by and received by the dealer you chose.

Now, if you didn't use the reservation system that the vast majority of us used (I see that you didn't actually place an order until well after the reservation cut-off) it's possible your deposit was handled differently, but in any event, Ford corporate does not take the money. I'm not even sure dealer franchise laws would allow them to do that in many (most? all?) states.
I never said corporate had my deposit, to the contrary. My point was if corporate told me that I would not see my Bronco until say 4th quarter 22 or early 23 I would take back my deposit and wait until Broncos became widely available at showrooms. Thus depriving my local dealer the $1,000 to help keep the lights on. Now multiply that by all the deposits and thats why it’s the big shoulder shrug from them.

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No apology needed. Basically today’s car buying climate is 180 deg off. You pretty much have to beg to buy one. I’m not a fan for sure but I WANT MY BRONCO!
I think more than enough of us here understand you wanting your bronco since most of us reserved a year ago.. I also want a million dollars but neither are happening any time soon đŸ˜‚đŸ€Ł all jokes aside, my point is we understand your pain more than you can imagine but this ongoing saga of no information from Ford or a clear timeline is just the way of it, sadly. Buckle up.. it’s going to be a while, but the bonus to waiting is you will get exactly what you want and not settle for a stock car.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never said corporate had my deposit, to the contrary. My point was if corporate told me that I would not see my Bronco until say 4th quarter 22 or early 23 I would take back my deposit and wait until Broncos became widely available at showrooms. Thus depriving my local dealer the $1,000 to help keep the lights on. Now multiply that by all the deposits and thats why it’s the big shoulder shrug from them.
I apologize for the misunderstanding. I got confused when you said the $100 deposit went to Ford.
Sponsored