Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are a bunch of us that had been stuck in the awaiting shipment for a long time (2 months plus) But finally have at least been put on a rail car.

Now the rail car waiting has happened, so I started this thread so that we can go back and forth without pouring salt in the wounds for all those that are still stuck in a waiting shipment.

I'm not going to do a spreadsheet, so make sure to update the original as we finally take deliveries..

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/unofficial-awaiting-shipping-thread.54302

Direct link to spreadsheet...

Google Spreadsheet
Sponsored

Last edited:

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 M998, ā€˜89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First person that says "It's worth the wait" after getting their Bronco will be forced to lower their suspension and put tiny wheels and low profile tires on their vehicle.

Lots of vehicles getting stuck in Chicago and left in "offered to foreign carrier". Apparently that's a giant holding yard?

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So yesterday my rail car status had switched to "offered up to external yada yada".

Sounds like a few of us were in the same situation, and as of today some people's train cars are heading back to MAP, while others have found their way heading forward.

I was afraid to call this morning, but I did and turns out for once I may have finally gotten a break.... Looks like my rail car is on its way to Chicago and will be there this afternoon.

Guess I'll have to see how long it sits in Chicago!

Last edited:

Itsdchz

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 PB XLT - 2022 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for starting thisā€¦ now another sh!tshow thread for is to enlighten the rest of people waiting, just how excruciating this process can be!

outnumbered

Wildtrak
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Railroad car listed as bad ordered before it left MAP, currently back at MAP after I guess being fixed (no longer listed as bad ordered). Railroad car # supplied by Ford shows no ETA and CSX just told me they won't give me any info without a user ID.

Sponsored

Itsdchz

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 PB XLT - 2022 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So yesterday my rail car status had switched to "offered up to external yada yada".

Sounds like a few of us were in the same situation, and as of today some people's train cars are heading back to MAP, while others have found their way heading on.

I was afraid to call this morning, but I did and turns out for once I may have finally gotten a break.... Looks like my rail car is on its way to Chicago and will be there this afternoon.

Guess I'll have to see how long it sits in Chicago!
From what I am told from my dealer, they will try to make sure that this comes in and goes out tonight or tomorrow morning from Chicago. Being the size of Chicago and the fact that itā€™s one of the largest interchanges, they have their stuff together. So Iā€™m told! Chances are with a holiday week, we will see movement on this to get it out before Thursday. Most likely those of us on the west coast will have our Brinco in west coast yard on Thanksgiving. Which will most likely mean the next day or the weekend we will have more movement to offload and get to a convoy. If we are lucky.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Railroad car listed as bad ordered before it left MAP, currently back at MAP after I guess being fixed (no longer listed as bad ordered). Railroad car # supplied by Ford shows no ETA and CSX just told me they won't give me any info without a user ID.
You shouldn't need a user ID, especially since we're supposed to be using the automated system. So when you call the CSX phone number, and use the automated system with your rail car, what does it say?

If your Bronco got transferred to a different rail car (because of the damage), maybe you need a new rail car number. You might want to go back to your original source and see if they have an updated one.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From what I am told from my dealer, they will try to make sure that this comes in and goes out tonight or tomorrow morning from Chicago. Being the size of Chicago and the fact that itā€™s one of the largest interchanges, they have their stuff together. So Iā€™m told! Chances are with a holiday week, we will see movement on this to get it out before Thursday. Most likely those of us on the west coast will have our Brinco in west coast yard on Thanksgiving. Which will most likely mean the next day or the weekend we will have more movement to offload and get to a convoy. If we are lucky.
I hope so, but I seriously doubt if the dealer has any pull. They can't even seem get vehicles that are delivered to their local "port" let alone influence train companies.

outnumbered

Wildtrak
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You shouldn't need a user ID, especially since we're supposed to be using the automated system. So when you call the CSX phone number, and use the automated system with your rail car, what does it say?

If your Bronco got transferred to a different rail car (because of the damage), maybe you need a new rail car number. You might want to go back to your original source and see if they have an updated one.
I have used the automated system every time except just this last time trying to check with CSX if they transferred rail cars and Ford hasn't got the new number updated.

When I call the automated line, it shows it arrived back in Wayne, MI 4am on Saturday with no ETA.

SAVEUP

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First person that says "It's worth the wait" after getting their Bronco will be forced to lower their suspension and put tiny wheels and low profile tires on their vehicle.

Lots of vehicles getting stuck in Chicago and left in "offered to foreign carrier". Apparently that's a giant holding yard?
Yeah. No Sh*t. If we did not think it was worth the wait, we would not be waiting........That does not make the wait any easier.

Chicago is one of the largest Rail switching yards in the country. Luckily it is not run by Ford. These Rail companies generally know what they are doing.

Good Luck Everyone! First one to get delivery buys a round!

Sponsored
OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have used the automated system every time except just this last time trying to check with CSX if they transferred rail cars and Ford hasn't got the new number updated.

When I call the automated line, it shows it arrived back in Wayne, MI 4am on Saturday with no ETA.
Give it a day or two (I know it will be a long 24- 48 hours) to see. Many of us were loaded up in Wayne and sat there for 3-4 days before we were even shipped to Ohio where we sat for another 3-4 days.

I mean I have nothing but a hunch, but I suspect they're going to get all the Broncos off that damaged car into a new one and back on their way pretty quick.

outnumbered

Wildtrak
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I mean I have nothing but a hunch, but I suspect they're going to get all the Broncos off that damaged car into a new one and back on their way pretty quick.
I would have hoped so, but it's been since early Friday morning. They either have the railcar fixed and it's sitting there waiting to ship, or they transferred the Broncos to another car and we have no idea the car # or tracking info. I guess if that's the case, it will just show up at some point.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

773 days from reservation to built..
72 days awaiting shipment
11 days to get to Chicago .....

Is it worth the wait? :poop: :mad:

Sethtsmith

Wildtrak
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 FX2 Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Guess this thread is more appropriate for me. shipped on 10/7... so 46 days ago, and is still not here after being built on 8/30... as of my last call (last week), no rail car info, and according to chat, still at MAP. OH and dealer has received multiple broncos built in oct. and nov. yet mine is not here.....

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are a bunch of us that had been stuck in the awaiting shipment for a long time (2 months plus) But finally have at least been put on a rail car.

Now the rail car waiting has happened, so I started this thread so that we can go back and forth without pouring salt in the wounds for all those that are still stuck in a waiting shipment.

I'm not going to do a spreadsheet, so make sure to update the original as we finally take deliveries..

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/unofficial-awaiting-shipping-thread.54302

Direct link to spreadsheet...

Google Spreadsheet
@da_jokker you've been waiting here a long time, I hope your Holiday Blessings include getting your Bronco in the next week or two!
Sponsored