DaBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Amazing work!

I really love the simplicity of the front bumper while still maintaining a rugged look.

As others have said about something looking "off", could it be the size of the drivers door window?

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks good for the most part. I like the grill and hood. I'd like to see the tires a bit larger and the wheelwells a little more open.

Also agreed about something looking off, it seems like the perspective isn't quite right, as though if you were to look at it straight on from the front the top of the windshield is actually sloping upwards to the left.

NY Bronco II

Badlands
First Name
Barney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco II, 2008 Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First I applaud your ability, and I dread criticizing your work. The roof looks too low or the windshield needs to be more upright. Kinda has a European feel (German). Maybe it’s just the color or rendering, but the grill looks sloping forward.

Either way, I think you are on to something good.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice work on the render for sure. But if it looks like that I'm definitely passing. I think the top of windshield is too rounded, and also windshield too tall in relation to rest of the body. Makes it feel like some Kia bubble mobile.

Please don't take this wrong, you did a hell of a job on the render, more than I could ever do. But I'm just not feeling this design.
. I’m with you on that.

Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agree with everyone else - mad skills! I can't draw a circle with a compass, let alone do it on a computer.

I think part of the discomfort is the way the a-pillar curves and turns into the roofline, and my personal opinion is that the windshield is too sloped- just overall a little too "soft" for me, but my guess is you're just drawing from the R and that's where it measures out at. I agree with others that the wheel wells could use a bit of resizing, and perhaps the amount of flare on them is a bit more than I would hope to see.

Is it just me, or does the grille on the R sort of trace out Ford's C-shaped headlights? I might not be a fan of that on the Bronco, but it sure looks like that's the intent...

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice job. I can’t wait to see all these talented artists renditions.

As the others here have pointed out I think the big issue is the windshield and how it connects to the roof.

For me it’s also the back. I know it’s not going to change and seems to be my own issue with it but I don’t like how boring and square it is.
To me this looks like a Suzuki Jimny. Only difference is the the hood.
suzuki-jimny-2018-front-view-high-resolution.jpg

PAPA old school

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 bronco. 2018 chevy z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been analyzing the Bronco R for the past week and using it to make an updated production-spec Bronco model based on it's design cues. Finally got the front three quarters done, so here's something presentable for the sake of beating Road & Track's photoshoppers to market, still need to model a version with doors and roof removed, if any insiders want to let me know the details on that for authenticity's sake, that'd be pretty cool. More to come later.

Bronco Updated Render.png
nice pic, kinda reminds me of the bronco II

OP
OP
TopRecon

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the feedback everyone, after working on something for so long you stop seeing the forest for the trees to some degree since you're modelling the car one little section at a time. To address a few things, a few people commented about the hood/windshield, which was indeed too short after comparing a few different images, I've adjusted that slightly to read closer to the Bronco R and tarp teaser. As for the windshield itself, the Bronco R had a curved A-Pillar which was raked back significantly compared to the tarp teaser, and no windshield at all, I tried to find a half-way between both so while it has a bit of a subtle curve, it still is fairly flat. The fenders are taken straight from the Bronco R, less flared but I think these have a good chance of making it to production since they're reminiscent of the EB's square flares, and I personally really like the way they almost melt off the surface of the fender, it's much more interesting compared to the Wrangler and Jimny's wheel arches, even though I know it's less utilitarian. It also compliments the fender crease going down the side, I modeled it off the Mustang S550, though it's reminiscent of the EB as well, if you look at a side view of the Bronco R, there's a bit of a stripe on the graphics going from the corner of the grille to the 'door', I thought maybe that was a deliberate hint at the styling as was suggested in the announcement. Thanks again for the feedback everyone, I'll be working more on this with a few more improvements and variations and updating it as more information becomes available. I believe someone requested Racing Red, so here's as close as I could get in my rendering software.

Bronco_Update_v2_2019-Nov-12_03-49-41AM-000_CustomizedView10772596530.png

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yeah....now you're cookin' with gas!

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel like the hood shouldn’t slope down so much at the front and then that second render will be a lot closer. Still a big improvement and Nice work!

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think the fenders on the R have any representation of the production model, what I've heard is the flares are round like the tarped teaser.

Made skills rendering that, I've got a great vision of style but not an once of putting it to paper!
Sponsored