TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's a shot of the rear, doing a few tweaks to the door next so I can do a few renders of a doorless, topless version, as well as modelling a roll cage and an axle for the rear wheels.

4796dc89-f5ba-4e8e-b45e-f7bb5a9de482.PNG
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford design language usually has slightly convex flares at the wheel well. Especially the Raptors. These seem too concave or flat.

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Isn’t fun to dream and speculate?
I think we will be impressed, good things take time, they are not going to revive the name for some soccer mom SUV.

Heck it’s been over 20 years what’s a couple of months.

3crows

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon, Toyota Tacoma
I think that is very close, I will buy one. It looks like the original Bronco and has mirrors that stay on the truck when the doors are off and it has a removable top. The boxy and square body is original looking. If people are expecting an OJ Bronco with a 5.0, I do not think that is what Ford is building. They clearly targeted the mid-size Wrangler that sells like hotcakes and this is the sword they plan to do battle with. I imagine the production unit will be a little smoother and more integrated.

The rear end body is too low, bring that up, lift it two inches.

It has not been 20 years since the original Bronco body design, it has been more like, what, 50 years? The full size F-150 based 5.0 OJ Bronco of 20 years ago is not a competitor for the Wrangler niche Ford is going for, this rendering is.

Believe it or not, the camo test mule passed me yesterday between Wichita and Newton, KS. It definitely appeared to have dual exhausts. Which, me, I think is kind of stupid for a 4 banger and approach angles.

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Believe it or not, the camo test mule passed me yesterday between Wichita and Newton, KS. It definitely appeared to have dual exhausts. Which, me, I think is kind of stupid for a 4 banger and approach angles.
One of the FrankenRangers?

Why would they still be driving those piles around.

Sponsored

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Agreed the Mustang is an outstanding machine

3crows

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon, Toyota Tacoma
Beats me but I followed it in my Tacoma, they were running close to 80 MPH. The speed limit here is 75. It definitely did not have a SFA if that means anything on the mule.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
like you say, lottsa stuff needs to go back there for road trips. In my case its hunt trips with dog crates, guns, shells, the ubiquitous cooler, and outerwear to deal with anything from 20s to 60s. What's important to me isn't just the cubic feet, but a nice flat surface for the dog crates. And I'm leaning heavily toward the 2-door for the classic lines.

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Same here. One of the big reason I keep the ZJ around is I can drop the back seats flat and carry a TON on stuff in the back. It even has plenty of room with the back seats up. We really need a 2 row SUV with a medium wheelbase. Bigger than a 2 door Wrangler, smaller than an Explorer.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Same here. One of the big reason I keep the ZJ around is I can drop the back seats flat and carry a TON on stuff in the back. It even has plenty of room with the back seats up. We really need a 2 row SUV with a medium wheelbase. Bigger than a 2 door Wrangler, smaller than an Explorer.
So you're left with 4Runner lol

Which is the Bronco's main competition for a slot at my house next year, and I really like 4Runners.

So the Bronco better come hard, and not have a shit ride and NVH like a Jeep, or I'll just buy a 4Runner :D
Sponsored