Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So you're left with 4Runner lol

Which is the Bronco's main competition for a slot at my house next year, and I really like 4Runners.

So the Bronco better come hard, and not have a shit ride and NVH like a Jeep, or I'll just buy a 4Runner :D
I've never been able to get comfortable in Toyotas. The seats are super low to the floor or something.

Also, 4runners are YUGE.
Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the 4Runner desperately needs an updated interior. I know Toyota hasn’t had issues selling them but I can tell you I’ve talked to multiple people who were very interested in one and walked away based on the transmission and interior. I’ve rented both a 4Runner and a Jeep JL in the past year. I had much more fun with the Jeep and that doesn’t include taking the top off.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Toyota hasn’t had issues selling
Similar to the many forum comments about Wrangler commanding a cult following, my anecdotal observation is many folks buy Toyota because the resale reputation makes them look smart.

So many purchases are like Coke/Pepsi...Pepsi wins blind taste tests, but can't beat Coke's brand image. Properly carbonated & chilled, cow piss would sell briskly in a Coke can.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Similar to the many forum comments about Wrangler commanding a cult following, my anecdotal observation is many folks buy Toyota because the resale reputation makes them look smart.

So many purchases are like Coke/Pepsi...Pepsi wins blind taste tests, but can't beat Coke's brand image. Properly carbonated & chilled, cow piss would sell briskly in a Coke can.
Pepsi kind of taste like chilled cow piss, surprised it sells at all.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pepsi kind of taste like chilled cow piss, surprised it sells at all.
I like mountain dew myself. Not fond of cola's. But I'm a michigan boy. So thats to be expected. Back on topic though. Cult followings of a specific brand are very real. For example, apple vs android phones. Theres a whole heard of sheeple that have to get the latest from the brand. When they can literally offer a new color and throw a new number on it. Obviously its more involved. But you get what I'm saying. Once a a name is propped up like that. Its hard to take it down. Ford is in for a fight if they want to claim king of the mountain from jeep. Not impossible, but improbable. Hopefully the mass appeal team at ford doesn't forget that the true fans, the ones that shepherd the name to the mountain top, need to be catered to. At least to some extent.

Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like mountain dew myself. Not fond of cola's. But I'm a michigan boy. So thats to be expected. Back on topic though. Cult followings of a specific brand are very real. For example, apple vs android phones. Theres a whole heard of sheeple that have to get the latest from the brand. When they can literally offer a new color and throw a new number on it. Obviously its more involved. But you get what I'm saying. Once a a name is propped up like that. Its hard to take it down. Ford is in for a fight if they want to claim king of the mountain from jeep. Not impossible, but improbable. Hopefully the mass appeal team at ford doesn't forget that the true fans, the ones that shepherd the name to the mountain top, need to be catered to. At least to some extent.
This is why I'm confident Ford will get it right and check the majority of the boxes across the board. They aren't bringing the bronco back to be another SUV that has some off road capability they are bringing it back becuse Jeep is dominating a narrowly challenged market.

DaBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
good work...I really hope the back seat is removable
When you guys say removable, I'm assuming you guys mean a built in feature where the seats are meant to be able to pulled out? I myself have never owned a dedicated off-road vehicle, so this kind of stuff is all new to me.

If it doesn't come with that feature, whats the big deal in just unbolting the seats and unplugging any possible wiring harnesses attached to the seats? I can see where airbags in the seats are an issue and having to disconnect the battery before disconnecting the wiring harness adds an extra step, but not a deal breaker for me.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
claim king of the mountain from jeep. Not impossible, but improbable
2 things to remember:

A. Ever hear of Google? Do you know who was king of the internet search mountain before them? Altavista
B. Even if Bronco never topples Wrangler...still tons of money to be made in the second chair.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A. Ever hear of Google? Do you know who was king of the internet search mountain before them? Altavista
And no one said they were going to 'altavista' something, or go 'altavistaing.'

They do go jeeping ... just google it.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They do go jeeping ... just google it.
I've never owned a Wrangler...though I have spent time in a few. No skin off my nose if Wrangler stays atop the hill ad infinitum...c'est la vie. I'm just looking forward to owning a Bronco for what it IS...not where it ranks.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've never owned a Wrangler...though I have spent time in a few. No skin off my nose if Wrangler stays atop the hill ad infinitum...c'est la vie. I'm just looking forward to owning a Bronco for what it IS...not where it ranks.
Exactly. I'm just saying, in hindsight. Bronco WAS king of the mountain for a while. That was the go to for the first gen for sure. 2nd gen, which my all time favorite bronco 78-79 broadened the market for them. Took down niche' sales. So with the introduction of a smaller, more maneuverable bronco. They have a chance. I'm not worried about having a hardcore rock crawler. Its an expensive hobby to do with a brand new rig. I'm betting this thing will sell like hotcakes. Which is good for me. Flooded market will allow guys like me to pick one up second hand relatively easy. That would be more likely to make into a toy. If I can pick up a totaled one. Mod it into a respectable rig for less than the sticker price of a brand new one, that would be perfect. I'll admit I'm a ford fanboy to some extent. Honestly I think jeeps are so played out and commonplace, I dont like them on principle. I think the bronco, with the right ad campaign and word of mouth from owners. Will be a contender in the "look cool" market, you know, mall crawlers. How it actually does off road will be up to ford.