First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've never been able to get comfortable in Toyotas. The seats are super low to the floor or something.

Also, 4runners are YUGE.
I can't get comfortable in the Tacoma because of the seats. 2020s have adjustable seats FINALLY though. Haven't been in one of those yet.

4Runners, I do fine with. And interior is functional...Which I'd be fine with, except for the fact that pretty much ANYTHING else you buy for 40-50k has roughly a 9,000,000 percent better interior. 4Runner has a 10 year old drivetrain and interior and should cost 30k because of that. They just print money on those things.

And yeah. I still want one lol. If the Bronco doesn't impress, that's what I'll buy LOLOLOL
Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I drive a crewmax Tundra on 35's. 4Runner is TINY lol.
Yeah and a sleeper cab peterbilt with a 53' trailer dwarfs your tundra. And you should see that next to the space shuttle mover ... :facepalm:

Doesn't change that the 4Runner is a big SUV especially compared to what it used to be. A Suzuki cappuccino is tiny. A 4Runner is not tiny.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I can't get comfortable in the Tacoma because of the seats. 2020s have adjustable seats FINALLY though. Haven't been in one of those yet.

4Runners, I do fine with. And interior is functional...Which I'd be fine with, except for the fact that pretty much ANYTHING else you buy for 40-50k has roughly a 9,000,000 percent better interior. 4Runner has a 10 year old drivetrain and interior and should cost 30k because of that. They just print money on those things.

And yeah. I still want one lol. If the Bronco doesn't impress, that's what I'll buy LOLOLOL
Good to hear the seats might be better. We'll probably check out the 4Runners but I'm taking another look at the newest Grand Cherokee Trailhawks also if the Bronco doesn't pass muster.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah and a sleeper cab peterbilt with a 53' trailer dwarfs your tundra. And you should see that next to the space shuttle mover ... :facepalm:

Doesn't change that the 4Runner is a big SUV especially compared to what it used to be. A Suzuki cappuccino is tiny. A 4Runner is not tiny.
I just meant for me. Driving a 4Runner (I've had a couple as rentals) is like driving a really slow go-cart LOL

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And you should see that next to the space shuttle mover
in case you didn't know...

If you take a look at the Space Shuttle, you can notice two big booster rockets attached to the sides of the main fuel tank. These are the solid rocket boosters, or SRBs. The SRBs were manufactured at a factory in Utah. From an engineering standpoint, it would have been more better to make SRBs a bit fatter, but they had to be shipped by train from the factory to the launch site. The railroad from the factory runs through a tunnel in the mountains. The SRBs had to fit through that tunnel. The tunnel is slightly wider than a railroad track. US Standard railroad gauge (distance between the rails) is 4 feet, 8 ½ inches.

Where does that odd number come from? People building railroad tracks in the US inherited the standard from the way first railroads were built in England. The first railway lines there were built by the same people who built the pre-railroad tramways, and 4 feet, 8 ½ inches is the gauge they had used. The people who built the tramways in turn used the same jigs and tools that they used for building wagons. That spacing for the wagon wheels was chosen for them not to break on some of the old long-distance roads with the old wheel ruts. The original ruts, which everyone else had to match for fear of destroying their wagons, were first made by the wheels of Roman war chariots. Since the chariots were made for or by Imperial Rome they were all alike in the matter of wheel spacing. And the Imperial Roman chariots were made to be just wide enough to accommodate the back-ends of two war-horses.

And so, as you can see, a major design feature of a Space Shuttle was originally determined by the width of a horse’s ass.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I just meant for me. Driving a 4Runner (I've had a couple as rentals) is like driving a really slow go-cart LOL
Okay that's fair.

One time I drove a box truck and then I drove a Smart car. That was like playing a double bass then switching to a mandolin.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
A little off-topic but saw this Bronco over on reddit... hnnng. I really hope the new Bronco can channel this energy more than any of the renders we've seen. Cuz this thing is perfect, I would love a modern version of this styling.
wqfkosnpvg741.jpg

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

in case you didn't know...

If you take a look at the Space Shuttle, you can notice two big booster rockets attached to the sides of the main fuel tank. These are the solid rocket boosters, or SRBs. The SRBs were manufactured at a factory in Utah. From an engineering standpoint, it would have been more better to make SRBs a bit fatter, but they had to be shipped by train from the factory to the launch site. The railroad from the factory runs through a tunnel in the mountains. The SRBs had to fit through that tunnel. The tunnel is slightly wider than a railroad track. US Standard railroad gauge (distance between the rails) is 4 feet, 8 ½ inches.

Where does that odd number come from? People building railroad tracks in the US inherited the standard from the way first railroads were built in England. The first railway lines there were built by the same people who built the pre-railroad tramways, and 4 feet, 8 ½ inches is the gauge they had used. The people who built the tramways in turn used the same jigs and tools that they used for building wagons. That spacing for the wagon wheels was chosen for them not to break on some of the old long-distance roads with the old wheel ruts. The original ruts, which everyone else had to match for fear of destroying their wagons, were first made by the wheels of Roman war chariots. Since the chariots were made for or by Imperial Rome they were all alike in the matter of wheel spacing. And the Imperial Roman chariots were made to be just wide enough to accommodate the back-ends of two war-horses.

And so, as you can see, a major design feature of a Space Shuttle was originally determined by the width of a horse’s ass.
Great story. As an engineer, I love trivia like that.

OP
OP
TopRecon

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
New color, new location, new headlights. Can't speak for the entire vehicle but based on what we've seen from the Bronco R and now these new headlights, I'd bet this is what the production front fascia will look like. I've heard rumors it may have round flares instead of these squarer ones, which is a shame because I like the look of these along with the homage aspect, but I need to finish up the interior details so I can do a few topless renders without it looking empty before I go back and revise the whole body shape.

Bronco_Update_v5_2019-Dec-31_06-41-28AM-000_CustomizedView15742892808.png

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

New color, new location, new headlights. Can't speak for the entire vehicle but based on what we've seen from the Bronco R and now these new headlights, I'd bet this is what the production front fascia will look like. I've heard rumors it may have round flares instead of these squarer ones, which is a shame because I like the look of these along with the homage aspect, but I need to finish up the interior details so I can do a few topless renders without it looking empty before I go back and revise the whole body shape.

Bronco_Update_v5_2019-Dec-31_06-41-28AM-000_CustomizedView15742892808.png
You've done a hell of a job with that render. Looks awesome. Though I will say something about the height of the windshield jumps out at me. It may very well be that tall but something about it I don't care for.
Anyways keep them coming. Gives us all something to stare at and hope for!

**Edit: After taking a look at it on my pc (rather than phone). Windshield looks fine. Only thing I don't care for is the turn signal in the fender (which I know is based on the leaked headlight assembly. Other then that, I'd buy one for sure!

Last edited:

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yep. I'll buy that look, so long as the mechanicals can back it up.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like it. I'd personally like the grill slightly narrower (less tall, not less wide), to bring it tighter around the headlights. I also am hoping it ends up with the rounded fender flares rather than the squared off ones like this. But even if not, this looks great.

OP
OP
TopRecon

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Alright, finishing this up tomorrow, I've got other projects I need to attend to and I think I've got it down assuming someone on the assembly line doesn't leak another body panel tomorrow. Going to tweak a few details on the cage door, not crazy about the way it looks but I don't really like tube doors in general, all or nothing I say! Here's what I think the full topless is going to look like, removable targa top and rear cap, and hopefully a removable cage as well so we can really go full pickup mode just like the classic.

Bronco_Update_v5_2020-Jan-03_03-42-47AM-000_CustomizedView3290144075.png

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you trying for an actual realistic looking render to look as close as possible to the real thing when it is revealed?
If so, the actual Bronco will in no way shape or form have square wheel wells. This we do know. That is if you believe the actual tarped image released directly from Ford has any credibility.

If you are going for your own desired image of what YOU hope it will look like, I apologize there’s just so many renders going around I can’t keep track of who is just playing with ideas and who is actually going for the best accuracy before the reveal..

DDD87D27-AE83-43DE-B77C-BB6CC8A27334.jpeg
Sponsored