TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
One more render because I put a winch on it and it looks way cooler.

Are you trying for an actual realistic looking render to look as close as possible to the real thing when it is revealed?
If so, the actual Bronco will in no way shape or form have square wheel wells. This we do know. That is if you believe the actual tarped image released directly from Ford has any credibility.

If you are going for your own desired image of what YOU hope it will look like, I apologize there’s just so many renders going around I can’t keep track of who is just playing with ideas and who is actually going for the best accuracy before the reveal..

DDD87D27-AE83-43DE-B77C-BB6CC8A27334.jpeg
A little bit of both, this is my best guess as to what it will look like based on the leaked headlights, the tarped teaser, the Bronco R, and my own experience with design. The square flares give it a more retro aesthetic, additionally none of the Bronco R concept art had round flares at all, and I'm using the Bronco R primarily as my aesthetic base with the proportions based on the tarp teaser. I know square flares clash with the tarp teaser, but keep in mind that it was released two years ago, and rumor has it that was just the clay model that was closest to the final design they wanted, it's liable to have changed since then.

bronco winch.png
Sponsored

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do believe @ChrispyKC said something along the lines of we wouldn't want to see what was actually under the tarp so I wouldn't be surprised if the flares are different.

Chrispy feel free to let us know whether or not you like the retro or round flares which we will in no way insinuate that you are telling us which the actual Bronco may have

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
A little bit of both, this is my best guess as to what it will look like based on the leaked headlights, the tarped teaser, the Bronco R, and my own experience with design. The square flares give it a more retro aesthetic, additionally none of the Bronco R concept art had round flares at all, and I'm using the Bronco R primarily as my aesthetic base with the proportions based on the tarp teaser. I know square flares clash with the tarp teaser, but keep in mind that it was released two years ago, and rumor has it that was just the clay model that was closest to the final design they wanted, it's liable to have changed since then.

bronco winch.png

Here’s my thoughts...
I think your trying to reverse engineer a grandiose and exaggerated hand made tube buggy with free formed racy fiberglass body that is barely claiming to be “loosely” based off somebody’s interpretation of the production model.

To me, this is like taking a trophy truck and trying to reverse engineer it to try to find out what a F150 looks like.
I could be wrong here, but I don’t think Ford would have ever prematurely revealed the tarped image if the basic body design was not fully finalized at that point.
Although the tarped image may have been released almost two years ago, the ACTUAL preproduction Bronco was revealed to dealers not long after that. The past couple years were probably used to figure out finer details such as window regulator design, dash layout, speaker locations, harness design and routing. I doubt they went back to the drawing board within a couple years of the planned reveal and second guessed the basic shape of the vehicle.

With all that said, your probably wondering why I am so obsessed at this point about the fenders...
1) I can’t stand how dated and old square fenders look. I really and I mean REALLY will be disappointed if the new Bronco looks exactly like an old Bronco with square fenders.
2) I really like the use and functionality of large roomy round fenders by Ford on all their F series pickups. I have hacked many GM square fenders corners to fit oversized tires before. if I have to cut or hack anything on my brand new Bronco to step up a tire size to get a little more ground clearance, I will be grossly disappointed.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Alright, finishing this up tomorrow, I've got other projects I need to attend to and I think I've got it down assuming someone on the assembly line doesn't leak another body panel tomorrow. Going to tweak a few details on the cage door, not crazy about the way it looks but I don't really like tube doors in general, all or nothing I say! Here's what I think the full topless is going to look like, removable targa top and rear cap, and hopefully a removable cage as well so we can really go full pickup mode just like the classic.

Bronco_Update_v5_2020-Jan-03_03-42-47AM-000_CustomizedView3290144075.png
Hell I'll take either this one, or the one from the tarp (assuming it follows the general shape we can make out)
One thing I'd like to see on the render if not too much trouble, how about the rear mounted tire? Either way it's looking damn good!

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Man, I want to like it so bad... Maybe a 4 door will look better, as that's what some people who have seen the car have said.

I know most people on here want something smaller than a wrangler, but this render just looks so Suzuki Samurai with an EB body kit. That's why I was rooting for more of a FSB

Sponsored

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@TopRecon ever try adding a couple more doors? I’m sure many of us are wondering on your take on the bigger model. Each time you post a new render I get my hopes up more and more!

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If that isn't it, I think it will be very close. Maybe heat extractors, and the hood bubble might be different, but I think that render is going to compare well to the real steel. Or aluminum, as the case may be.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

damd-suzuki-jimny-dronco-ford-bronco-1536x864.jpg

I kinda like it...

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Awesome approach and departure angles and of course … SFA !!!!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I imagine it wouldn't be to hard to sell them here if Suzuki really wanted to
The sleek, narrow width is eye-catching...and I'd love for Bronco to capture those proportions - just a tad upsized. A few months back Teocali said to expect Bronco to be "slightly wider than Wrangler".

I think your Bronco II is ~68"; my old S10 Blazer was ~65". I think you can kiss those days goodbye forever.

U725

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Roadster, R53 MC40 Mini Cooper S
The sleek, narrow width is eye-catching...and I'd love for Bronco to capture those proportions - just a tad upsized. A few months back Teocali said to expect Bronco to be "slightly wider than Wrangler".

I think your Bronco II is ~68"; my old S10 Blazer was ~65". I think you can kiss those days goodbye forever.

I miss my old S-10 Blazer! First vehicle I bought at age 15. First 4x4 as well. Hard to come by in decent condition anymore. I'd love to have one to play with.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jesus Christ, I can't believe people actually want the new Bronco to look like that ugly pile of crap

OP
OP
TopRecon

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base

Attachments